Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've thought this all along. Marathon is a transition so she can stay home with the baby for a few years as the ITU travel was too much.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gwen is on The Morning Shake Out podcast this week. It’s a great interview with her partly because Mario is the best at pulling the interesting things out of an athlete.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is it so hard to fathom that someone did a job that they were recruited for but perhaps didn’t enjoy?? Doesn’t sound sour to me at all. We all just assume pro athletes love their jobs and that simply isn’t true.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
You guys really think Gwen is our best chance at Kona??? I think at this point Jocelyn McCauley is a far more likely candidate.

Completely agree about Jocelyn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
I saw in my friend Strava feed that Gwen Jorgensen was riding in his group. How cool, right! And then I took a look at her ride and it was 41.3 miles @ 22.3 mph pace. In Gwen's Zwift history this ride is definitely an anomaly. But it got me thinking, Gwen left ITU because that world circuit is not conducive for a young family! And if she unfortunately doesn't qualify for the Olympic Marathon, then it would make sense for Gwen to come over to long distance triathlon.

Personally, I'd love to see Gwen in a few years at Kona!! If it comes true, whelp you read it here first Folks!

Not me. She's obviously very talented but I just think she's so boring otherwise. Her interviews seem like she's reading from cue cards and she never has anything interesting to say. Paint on the wall. I don't wish ill for her, I just hope she doesn't come back to triathlon.

Probably should go get my flame suit ready.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not at all. I totally agree with you. I often wonder if she has problem with automatic doors due to lack of charisma
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
I saw in my friend Strava feed that Gwen Jorgensen was riding in his group. How cool, right! And then I took a look at her ride and it was 41.3 miles @ 22.3 mph pace. In Gwen's Zwift history this ride is definitely an anomaly. But it got me thinking, Gwen left ITU because that world circuit is not conducive for a young family! WHEN she unfortunately doesn't qualify for the Olympic Marathon, then it would make sense for Gwen to come over to long distance triathlon.

Personally, I'd love to see Gwen in a few years at Kona!! If it comes true, whelp you read it here first Folks!

Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
people take it personally when someone isn't like them. They can't relate. But Gwen Jorgensen is not like us... she is an elite athlete who was the best in the world at her sport. She should make no apologies.

DFW_Tri wrote:
Why is it so hard to fathom that someone did a job that they were recruited for but perhaps didn’t enjoy?? Doesn’t sound sour to me at all. We all just assume pro athletes love their jobs and that simply isn’t true.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChasingPB wrote:
True and Haug were better at short distance than Ryf, so it's not insane to think that they just end up being better than her

Chrissie was a distinctly average olympic distance athlete and beatable over 70.3, these things have a history of not correlating. You'd go as far to say that Frodo was the anomoly and not the other way round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d like to see her race 140.6. I don’t think it will happen but it’d be fun. It sounds like she is enjoying the time with her family. Side note, I’d rather see Shalane Flanagan come to triathlon! Killer runner and I believe she has a swimming history. She made it sound like a possibility in some podcast I heard her on. Learning to cycle is the easiest part!
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
I saw in my friend Strava feed that Gwen Jorgensen was riding in his group. How cool, right! And then I took a look at her ride and it was 41.3 miles @ 22.3 mph pace. In Gwen's Zwift history this ride is definitely an anomaly. But it got me thinking, Gwen left ITU because that world circuit is not conducive for a young family! And if she unfortunately doesn't qualify for the Olympic Marathon, then it would make sense for Gwen to come over to long distance triathlon.

Not me. She's obviously very talented but I just think she's so boring otherwise. Her interviews seem like she's reading from cue cards and she never has anything interesting to say. Paint on the wall. I don't wish ill for her, I just hope she doesn't come back to triathlon.

Probably should go get my flame suit ready.

Shun the unbeliever... lol

She was a great story for the US triathlon scene. She could be a great story again, sort of a second chance narrative. Can she win IMs? I'm probably with you on that one.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
hadukla wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
hadukla wrote:
A dreamchaser for sure...

She aint going to long distance tri, if she goes back to tri at all, which she won’t. She’s been very clear about that. She’s riding hard now and swimming with Nike “masters” for aerobic fitness while she recovers from surgery, nothing more

Awe shucks. Was figuring Gwen was our best chance to get an American Kona Champion.... sigh...

She is still our best chance... even if she won't do it!

You guys really think Gwen is our best chance at Kona??? I think at this point Jocelyn McCauley is a far more likely candidate.

Doesn’t Sarah True’s 4th place in her 1st Kona count as having a chance?
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IntenseOne wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
hadukla wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
hadukla wrote:

She aint going to long distance tri, if she goes back to tri at all, which she won’t. She’s been very clear about that. She’s riding hard now and swimming with Nike “masters” for aerobic fitness while she recovers from surgery, nothing more

Awe shucks. Was figuring Gwen was our best chance to get an American Kona Champion.... sigh...

I have to admit I find it a little amusing that after everyone put shit on the poster who called Linsey Corbin a Tier 3 (and then changed it to Tier 2) pro not one person,that I can see, has added her name to the list of "America's best chance" in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:

I have to admit I find it a little amusing that after everyone put shit on the poster who called Linsey Corbin a Tier 3 (and then changed it to Tier 2) pro not one person,that I can see, has added her name to the list of "America's best chance" in Kona.

Linsey is my favorite female pro, but lets be honest.....she is a Tier 2 pro & no Tier 2 pro is gonna win Kona.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IntenseOne wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
hadukla wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
hadukla wrote:

It would yes normally, but I think Joeclyn has a lot of momentum and more importantly seems incredibly motivated. You could make an argument for Heather Jackson as well finishing 3rd at now still only 35.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

Linsey is my favorite female pro, but lets be honest.....she is a Tier 2 pro & no Tier 2 pro is gonna win Kona.
Yep,she is great as are a bunch of other female pro's I know who accept that they will never win Kona.I have mentioned previously about the triathlon scene in Asia and how there is a group of pretty smart pro triathletes (male and female) who have made a very nice living out of racing in Asia at what most would consider a "B grade" tour,very much like the Asian golf tour.I would suggest that some of those B pro's are actually doing better financially than some of those who are still trying to make it to the big time in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

Yep,she is great as are a bunch of other female pro's I know who accept that they will never win Kona.I have mentioned previously about the triathlon scene in Asia and how there is a group of pretty smart pro triathletes (male and female) who have made a very nice living out of racing in Asia at what most would consider a "B grade" tour,very much like the Asian golf tour.I would suggest that some of those B pro's are actually doing better financially than some of those who are still trying to make it to the big time in Kona.

What the hell does this have to do with who is the USA's best chance at Kona?

Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

What the hell does this have to do with who is the USA's best chance at Kona?
Ah Slowbitch at its best where people can't have a conversation that is off tangent but still related.If you bothered to stop and think about it you may have thought ," I never thought about that side of the pro tour " instead you remain blinkered in your USA only way of thinking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your talk about an Asian B tour is the 2nd tangent of this thread........We were talking about Gwen, then who is the best US chance at Kona. No one wants to talk about some low level pros who have been able to make decent money racing in Asia.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Your talk about an Asian B tour is the 2nd tangent of this thread........We were talking about Gwen, then who is the best US chance at Kona. No one wants to talk about some low level pros who have been able to make decent money racing in Asia.
You are a very narrow minded person but are most likely unable to see why.The conversation had moved to discussing other pro's and NOT just Gwen.It moved further once I mentioned the "B Grade" narrative.Conversations morph, kind of like the obvious statement you made in the Taren thread when you told us all that Challenge used to be a Ironman event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

Not disappointed at all in this thread. Starts out as convo about Gwen going for a 40 mile group ride and pondering her chances at long course. Turns into Gwen IS Americas best chance at Kona and you are an asshole if you do not repeat it. I love this place.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys can’t see the forest for the trees.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
You guys can’t see the forest for the trees.

You will have to explain which is the forest and which is the trees since it is obvious to no one but you.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen Jorgensen Coming Back to Triathlon (Long Course!) Prediction [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1poseur1 wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

Not disappointed at all in this thread. Starts out as convo about Gwen going for a 40 mile group ride and pondering her chances at long course. Turns into Gwen IS Americas best chance at Kona and you are an asshole if you do not repeat it. I love this place.

At what point will someone realise and mive this conversation to Lionel Sanders America's best hope of winning Kona ?

🙄

😎

🤣
Quote Reply

Prev Next