Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Derek M] [ In reply to ]

Derek M wrote:
And to lie about something so meaningless as to why she wasn't in Boston,

Her kids couldn't get the excused absence?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [nc452010] [ In reply to ]

I wonder how much money for the kids ST could raise, if she’d agree to THAT interview? //

Probably more than they have gotten from this fiasco, especially if Dan gets to get in on it and publish it here too!! We could do a go fund me account kind of like Kiley did for his wind tunnel test, she agrees to a certain amount and if we hit it, game on!!!!

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

That path has already been traveled. Does Mike Rossi ring a bell?

RandMart wrote:
Derek M wrote:

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [monty] [ In reply to ]

monty wrote:
I wonder how much money for the kids ST could raise, if she’d agree to THAT interview? //

Probably more than they have gotten from this fiasco, especially if Dan gets to get in on it and publish it here too!! We could do a go fund me account kind of like Kiley did for his wind tunnel test, she agrees to a certain amount and if we hit it, game on!!!!

Now we have ventured into the LetsRun world of trying to get Rossi to run a certain time by offering cash. But at least this goes to the kids

ETA - now I hate myself for posting again on this shit show of a thread.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Aug 23, 18 12:40

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [zoom] [ In reply to ]

zoom wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Derek M wrote:

That path has already been traveled. Does Mike Rossi ring a bell?

Glad SOMEONE got that

Thanks,
Randy

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [hobbyjogger] [ In reply to ]

hobbyjogger wrote:
HardlyTrying wrote:
hobbyjogger wrote:
zoom wrote:
I have no issues with people who hit the BQ time saying that they qualified for Boston. The fact that they didn't hit the faster time to register for the race is a different story.

Those 'people' (Ashlete included) did not really qualify for anything other than the opportunity to submit a registration, as we know, to qualify to run Boston you need to be under the cut-off. Sorry but I don't equate submitting a registration and being DENIED entry as qualifying but if it helps people sleep at night they can call it whatever they want.

A BQ has been a thing for a long time. A friend got his BQ six months ago but he won't know until next month if he'll actually be able to get in, he's borderline based on the past couple years. After his race I asked him if he got his BQ and he said "yes". Should I have countered with "NO! YOU DID NOT QUALIFY! YOU ONLY QUALIFIED TO SUBMIT A REGISTRATION AND YOU WON'T KNOW FOR SIX MONTHS IF YOU'LL GET IN. YOU LIAR!"?

AH got a BQ. She did some shady implying by posting about choosing to stay home on race weekend, but I have no problem with her saying she got a BQ. There's enough other stuff to criticize her about.

I wasn't suggesting calling your friends out and being an asshole.

He qualified to submit an application, not to run. Boston changed the entry process not too long ago (2010?), as you used to be able to register to RUN as long as you had a qualifying time (it was first come first serve, no priority for faster times), so back then I'd say running a qualifying time was BQing/Qualifying, not anymore. It's now a 2 step process.

The best and simplest explanation. There is nothing not to understand.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Derek M] [ In reply to ]

Derek M wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Derek M wrote:

S

OK. Saw the April post. Yes it was misleading. Not necessarily worthy of an article on its own. Was thinking about trying to get an interview with her. I was actually somewhat sympathetic. My feeling was she was in WAY over her head, but I don't think she deserved all the hate she got. I don't think she was trying to cut corners or cheat..she just underestimated literally every aspect of her challenge.

Based on everything that has come out in this thread, she is exactly the type of person to cut corners and hedge about exactly what she did if it will increase her social media presence and her 'follower' count. Check into her alleged 280 and 230 mile runs or her massive swim month. She's not going to be able to back those up with any documentation or electronic recording. And the minute you ask a question, you are just another hater who doesn't understand her love for humanity and that she's doing it for the kidz.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Leddy] [ In reply to ]

I like your LetsRun angle better. We set up a GoFundMe. If she can run, instead of 230 miles in 3 days in Haiti, 230 miles in 4 days in Haiti, she gets the pot for her charity ... the "beautiful children of Haiti" that she can't enough of and willing to go through all of this pain for them. A win-win for everyone :)

Leddy wrote:
monty wrote:

Now we have ventured into the LetsRun world of trying to get Rossi to run a certain time by offering cash. But at least this goes to the kids

Yes I think the attempt at the 50/50/50 is the more interesting story.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [zoom] [ In reply to ]

zoom wrote:
I like your LetsRun angle better. We set up a GoFundMe. If she can run, instead of 230 miles in 3 days in Haiti, 230 miles in 4 days in Haiti, she gets the pot for her charity ... the "beautiful children of Haiti" that she can't enough of and willing to go through all of this pain for them. A win-win for everyone :)

Leddy wrote:
monty wrote:

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/...oxon-henry-image.jpg

You know, theoretically, I could break the club record.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]

Skyline Chili wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Dachshund wrote:
Maybe you missed the bottom part?

"For the 2018 Boston Marathon, the cut-off for qualifying times was drawn at those who beat their qualifying standard by 3 minutes and 23 seconds or faster."

My girlfriend ran a 3:31. But at the time we both knew she didn't "qualify" until she submitted and BAA officially said she qualified.

So no, AH did NOT qualify for Boston.

See, that's the part I'm STILL trying to figure out, since they started this shit, and maybe someone can explain the logic

If the BQ time is 3:35:00, say, but you have to beat it by 3:30, why don't they just say it 3:31:30, and eliminate all the "I think I made it? But did I REALLY make it?" bullshit

Boston is weird, and their Marathon is worse

If the BAA made the standards tougher across both genders, and all age groups, then it would be back to how it used to be years ago. Qualifying time is ‘x’, you ran ‘x’, register the next day and you show up in Boston on race day.

Hell back in the day they even gave you a 59 second lead way. So if the qualifying time was 3:30:00 and you ran 3:30:59, you were in.

Many now argue that when the BAA made the standards tougher a few years back that they didn’t go deep enough for the ladies. There are many ladies across all age groups that some would argue have soft qualifying times. Some folks wanted the ladies times brought in to more closely align with the men. Not exact, just closer.

But...but...but...what if somebody is a man and identify as a woman? Not to hijack this AH gong show but, you know...lgbtq etc may be upset...

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:
Derek M wrote:

If they visited Boston for the marathon they'd learn more than in a whole year of school.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]

Derek please get an interview with her. If she ever did any sanctioned races, I'm sure you would find many inconsistencies. Keep up the good work.

Derek M wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Derek M wrote:
Geez. I didn't want to write about her. Now I may have to. Now I have to dig through everything to find what she actually said. Anyone have screenshots can email me

derek@marathoninvestigation.com

She stated a half-truth that is not remotely the same thing as cheating to get into Boston. She met the qualifying standard but not the final cut-off time to get an acceptance, and she did not run Boston. But she implied to her followers that she qualified and was going to run it even though she didn't make the entry time. In the end, she deceived her followers, but on a scale of ethical lapses, I don't think this rises to the level of what I see on your website. Don't go there.

OK. Saw the April post. Yes it was misleading. Not necessarily worthy of an article on its own. Was thinking about trying to get an interview with her. I was actually somewhat sympathetic. My feeling was she was in WAY over her head, but I don't think she deserved all the hate she got. I don't think she was trying to cut corners or cheat..she just underestimated literally every aspect of her challenge.

Pretty much agree. She likely lied about running 230 miles in Haiti, but it wasn't a race and there's not going to be a way to disprove it beyond pointing out it's likely way beyond her abilities. The misleading April post is nothing. She did start her 50/50/50 with witnesses and didn't try to Rob Young it.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]

HardlyTrying wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Derek M wrote:

If they visited Boston for the marathon they'd learn more than in a whole year of school.

Thanks again

Wait what did I miss? Did she lie about Boston qualifying? Do we have proof?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [nc452010] [ In reply to ]

nc452010 wrote:
Chuck Norris BQ’d at the Leadville 100
LOL!!! Bruce Lee did it first though ;)

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [T-Ro] [ In reply to ]

From what it seems her "real" races are fairly pedestrian. Nothing terrible or anything but the way she sells herself and then all the outlandish other accomplishments don't compute with the slower results. Might be one of those cases where she doesn't think she is cheating or only does these self supported events where no one can see bc she can't compete with others.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Bro, you know that you can't go to the bathroom and expect not miss 10 pages of stuff during that time period.

Now, go get some coffee, go back 30 pages, and start catching up. We got Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Mike Rossi, and Alvin and the Chipmunks making appearances since then

Fishbum wrote:

zoom wrote:
Bro, you know that you can't go to the bathroom and expect not miss 10 pages of stuff during that time period.

Now, go get some coffee, go back 30 pages, and start catching up. We got Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Mike Rossi, and Alvin and the Chipmunks making appearances since then

Fishbum wrote:

Shit! I love Chuck Norris....I'm not gay but in his Hay day I........Well never mind

zoom wrote:

Fishbum wrote:

I've been following along pretty regularly and even I missed Alvin and the Chipmunks. Estimate on page number?

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]

Current page. I said it in the same thread... it's a 2-fer. I know, it's AH-ish, but hey :)

rsmoylan wrote:
zoom wrote:

Fishbum wrote:

I've been following along pretty regularly and even I missed Alvin and the Chipmunks. Estimate on page number?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]

GreatScott wrote:
gary p wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:

Was it over when the germans bombed pearl Harbour?

It’s not over until we say its over

I hope that's a parody ;)

Forget it, he's rolling

Take it easy. I’m pre-law.

I thought you were pre-med?

Same thing.

We need to do something.

We could fight them with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives.

Oh no. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

float , hammer , and jog

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
gary p wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:

Was it over when the germans bombed pearl Harbour?

It’s not over until we say its over

I hope that's a parody ;)

Forget it, he's rolling

Take it easy. I’m pre-law.

I thought you were pre-med?

Same thing.

We need to do something.

We could fight them with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives.

Oh no. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

And we're just the guys to do it.

zoom wrote:

Fishbum wrote:

Damnit. I missed Alvin. Does this mean I have to start over?

Prev Next