Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: purrrrr [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a lot of fun. My sister went through Med School and is a doctor now, so I have some understanding of the org. chem. entertainment. Anyways, glad to hear that you're having a great semester.

Have you ever been to Stanford? I went there for some graduate school interviews in 2005 and it's far and away the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. It's just remarkable. You'll absolutely love it. I remember seeing an outdoor pool, too, with people swimming (it was January when I was there).

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: purrrrr [rodio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've visited the Stanford campus. I applied there for undergrad work but they didn't want me :(

Anyway - ohmygod yes, definitely the most beautiful campus I've ever been on. There's no way I'd ever be fast enough to swim for their team, but I did want to go look at the pools while we were there, so one afternoon I ventured over and walked around. The women's team was getting ready for practice and I introduced myself to one of the swimmers, and she said "come on into the locker room and meet everyone else" so I got to meet Tara Kirk and all the other girls!!! It was wicked cool :D

The architecture is so pretty, and I love the Maya Lin clock too. everything about that place... and California sunshine... sigh

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just 2000 even this morning:
500 w/u
400 IM kick
1000 yd pyramid
100 w/d

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4,500 today. 16,800 so far for the month. not moving to quickly through the 60k. no idea whyyyyy!

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
squeezed in 3,000m during my lunch hour...total so far 21,360m

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [ksweet863] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please add another 12,500 to my total

Thanks

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh. Disappointing swim this morning. Pool opened late, so I didn't have enough time for a 3000 yd TT. Did 2000, though, but wasn't happy with my time or splits. Ended up doing the 2000 in 26:21, which is a 1:19 average for 100 yds. I must be tired.

2000 yd TT
250 w/d
2250 total

Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh. Disappointing swim this morning. Pool opened late, so I didn't have enough time for a 3000 yd TT. Did 2000, though, but wasn't happy with my time or splits. Ended up doing the 2000 in 26:21, which is a 1:19 average for 100 yds. I must be tired.

I am not thrilled with how my workout went, either. I had wanted to do some 800 repeats because I've been doing all this sprint stuff lately, what is that?! but I couldn't really find that sweet spot for my freestyle. Did a few 100 IMs to see what other strokes would feel good - breaststroke was the only thing that was half-decent. 4300 total, main set was:

12 x 50 free
4 x 100 IM
2 x 200 back
12 x 50 breast

52k for the month.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [ksweet863] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, we've got a new sign at the pool. Instead of "there's nothing like the smell of chlorine in the morning, and nothing like the smell of victory in the evening" the board now says SMILE YOU'RE A SWIMMER!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best part of this morning's swim was getting out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i went way over my normal and did 1800 yards today LOL thanks

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [drdivot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well if you usually do 1500 yds, then 1800 is 300 more and 300/1500 is 1/5 which is 20% and a 20% increase is significant! so nice job :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1600 yds today, I need to get to the pool more so that I can meet my very modest goal of 20,000 for the month
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fnally go around to adding up the results so far:

2/1 2600
2/6 2300
2/7 2100
2/8 2600
2/13 2600

total of 12,200 as of 2/13. With 2400 planned for 2/14, I'm actually ahead of plan at the half-way mark.

I have to fly to Boise, Idaho for work on Valentines Day, which doesn't thrill me. Anybody know where I can find a heart-shaped potato to bring home to the wife to atone for my absence?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me down for another 1500 (Sun.) and 2600 Monday soo ... 4100 yards. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are great. can you take a trip down here to be my personal motivation coach:) i would also love another training partner. my long runs get sooooo boring alone...ditto on the swim and bike. you would lovvvvvvvvvvvve the weather.

anyway, another 4500 today with hg. highlight of the swim: the guy in the lane next to us was hacking up a lung and nostril into this brown paper towel looking thing (like the kind you get from a highschool bathroom dispenser). he would then proceed to dip it into the water and put it back on the deck. repeat that action every single time he got to the wall. nasty. i thought heather was going to lose it on him. ok, so of the subject...21,300 for the month so far.

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please add 1500 yds to my total. Thanks

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me down for 60,000

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so far? or is that a goal?

Last edited by: tigerchik: Feb 13, 07 18:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goal is 60,000 for Feb. So far, 18,000. I am doing 3k per day, 5 days a week for the last 6 months.

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC 3,300 today 2/13

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it. Welcome to the fishbowl!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, you have to do a year total one also. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there - I have also been feeling a tad unmotivated as of late. But tonight's swim practice with masters came through - it was tough but so much fun! all speed work, 50s and hundreds - and negative splitting things - fun but tough! so 3200 for the day bringing me up to 15,900m for the month. have a great 'singles awareness day' tomorrow!

axellrocks.vox.com - see what I'm up to now...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey TC, another 4,200m tonight...total so far 25,560m

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply

Prev Next