Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7,000 yds today [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do what your coach says, not internet people. I wait, I just told you what to do :-)

Please add 3,000 to my total. I was felling spry today during the weekly group workout: Hitting lots of 100s on 1:15 (leaving on 1:35) and 125s on 1:35 (2:00) Pretty decent for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi TC,

I wouldn't worry about your swimming unless the reduction is permanent. You could probably take a month of 1x/week and be back to normal in two weeks with the base it sounds like you have.

Another 3k for me tonight, 30,200 total for Feb. Arms still felt like jello, but not quite as bad as yesterday. Reached my 30k goal, but I like what you posted for me better (35k). I'll shoot for the extra 4800 in the next two days. I should at least get close on Wednesday.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got back from a 5-day training camp in Palm Springs. An additional 17,400 yards since last report, including 2 3400 yard days, my longest swims ever. I'm too whipped to do my planned swim tomorrow but I'll shoot for another 2400 on Wednesday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nailed it!

'nuther 3,960m this evening...goal was 48,000m...total for Feb (no swimming tomorrow) 50,040m

pretty happy boy right now...thanks again for motivating us TC :)

look forward to joining y'all again for march MADNESS

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet!

I've just updated the first post with the totals, if you've met your goal your name is in bold. There are a whole people who are wicked close, two days to get there!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 7,000 yds today [TBinMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do what your coach says, not internet people. I wait, I just told you what to do :-)

lol. I'm still babying a minor ankle injury so I've got a couple more days of swimming.

to whoever said 'don't worry about losing the fitness' - it's not entirely that. I just like to swim!!! (and swim lots)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another 4000 this morning. pretty positive i will make the 60k - another workout tomorrow morning should do it. i was tempted to go up to 70k but with my race season starting soon, i need to start controlling the balance better. 56,900 for feb so far.

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please add 3300 yards to my total. I'm done for the month.

Thanks so much for including me in this.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [eyebike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1500 this am

total for the month 22700
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1500 this am hope your ankle fells better

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today's session:
500 w/u
400 IM kick
6x100 free on the 1:20 (5 to 10 seconds rest)
500 screwing around w/d some kicking, breaststroke, opposite side breathing (I normally just breathe on the right.)
Total: 2000

Thanks for hosting this, Tigerchik. Even though I haven't put in BIG yardage, it has really helped.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: 7,000 yds today [drdivot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It feels fine today, so I'll give it today to feel good and probably run tomorrow.

So in exercise phys lab yesterday, we went through some lifting exercises - part of a unit on strength conditioning. The worst of it was 50 walking lunges on each leg. I have not lifted in a couple months and OHMYGOD my legs hurt. I figured swimming would feel good, nooooooo. It were as if I had weights attached to my legs. I pulled for a little while, the buoy helped it feel almost normal - but not a long swim today - 45 min, I could barely kick when I tried to really swim. GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're welcome. It is fun for me to get to be part of a big virtual fishbowl :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3,500 yds today 2/27. Unfortunately an unexpected 3 day trip, will cause me to fall short.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to masters swim did 3000 yards. That puts me at 22034.63 Meters for the month. That's probably it for the month unless I swim again tomorrow, which I am not planning on doing. BTW, that is an all time high for my monthly swim meters. So again this board has motivated me. Thanks! Maybe someday I'll actually be a fast swimmer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's been ages since i chimed in - but its teh end of the month so here goes...
last week I completed 11,700m, and today was 5000m for a monthly total so far of 32,600m.
i'll go a 3400m tomorrow am to round out the month at a respectable 37000. Didnt hit my goal - but I did have a 4 day play weekend in the snow and a mild bout of unmotivation to sidetrack me. But I am faster than I've been in a long time - today I did a test set of 3 X 500m - 1) at 90% and 2) at 100% - and i held about 6:45 for both - exactly - then we did 5 x 100 holding your 100 splits from teh 500 hundreds and i held all at 1:20-1:23 - that's pretty amazing for me.... especially this early in the game. So mission accomplished. I'm now going to be getting back on my bike (finally almost over my severe ankle sprain - only took 2.5 months!) as much as I can for March - but first, a 1 week vacation in Key West. Hello hot weather - and goodbye rain and crap.

Tigerchik - you rock for keeping up with the fishtwitch - It's so much fun! I love it!

axellrocks.vox.com - see what I'm up to now...
Quote Reply
Re: February FISHTWITCH [maxtrichic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neat set. Oooh have a good vacation! I'm on spring break March 3-18 but it will be spring-break-in-Maine... which might mean spring and might mean snowstorms!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last swim of february was this morning. 3200...sooooooooo 60,100 for the month. made my goal. thats 2 months in a row. thanks TC!

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did not meet my goal, ended with 15800 [some meters some yards] did 28 runs so at least I met my goal on one challege, next month, more time in the pool, thanks for keeping track of all this
Quote Reply
Re: 7,000 yds today [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was pathetic on the swim front...total 7500m. With 4 XC ski races in 5 weekends, and 31 runs in 28 days, something just had to take a back seat...both swim and biking were pretty minimal this month...but running and XC ski volume and overall hours were huge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pathetic effort for the month, I am now in a 3 month downword spiral!

8950 + 2500 this morning = 11,450 yards final

So bad, I am banishing myself from the March challenge!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lessee here...

This morning's w/o (while it was hailing!)
500 w/u
400 IM kick
10x100 on the 1:30 - all under 1:10 (fastest 1:06 - the first one, of course!)
200 w/d
---------------
2100 total
21900 cumulative
-------
24000 grand total
24000 predicted

I swear I didn't plan this and when I made my prediction back at the beginning of the month, it was based on doing more in my workouts than I normally do. Near the beginning, I could only hold 1:10 to 1:15 for 10x100 on the 1:30. Now, I can keep them under 1:10. I think that's significant. Thanks for inspiring me, TC.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, one day off for the holiday, another for video taping. We got in 4000 today, so ended the month at 55K

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well...looks like I'm going to fall just short of my goal for Feb, didn't swim at all on weekend (Desert Du) and no swim Tues, threw a wrench in getting to 110,000.

Feb 26th: 4000m
Feb 28th: 6000m

Total 10000m (10 935 yards)

Total for the month: 102, 805 yards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the dark this am i put my suit on inside out it has no lining so was not that obvious to me, the lifeguard noticed right away lol. so i declared it backwards day and did 0051 yards today thank for doing this month

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply

Prev Next