Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
Unless there is strong pushback, I am going to squeeze every bit of speed out of that fit that we can. Relative comfort and high performance are not mutually exclusive outcomes in bike fitting.

If they tell me they want to be comfortable, I tell them they will be. I also tell them they are spending 3k, 5k, 8k or whatever on a bike who's sole purpose is to make them faster through better aerodynamics and maintaining pedaling efficiency. So we do that first. I find the world class position they are capable of, and if we need to pull back from that to satisfy their comfort demands, we do that too.

I suspect the above is pretty rare in your field.

Otherwise, all fair points.

Although, I am not sure what the volume of fits you do has to do with the rest of what you said. There is a fitter in my area that pushes a dozen fits a week and they are the furthest thing from world class -- the kinds of fits you see among the MOP at an MDot race. Quantity doesn't say much really
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
I have all the stems still so I know I can go longer. To get lower I really should ditch my T2 extensions because they have a bit of stack below the pads but I really like my prosvet basebar.

I still have all the stems as well, but the fixed position stem looks so clean I have to use it. However, the adjustable stem setup that the DA comes with is pretty awesome for nailing pretty much any position.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree the fixed looks so much better but I don't really want to drop the cost of it. I will just toy around with the other stems and see if I can get something to work a bit better. I like my current set up but the winter trainer time is meant for position tweaks!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fitters who do more fits have the opportunity to be much sharper at their work, as opposed to somebody doing one fit a week. Note the word opportunity. If you are committed to doing comfort fits, for sure you can do a dozen of them a week. I treat every fit as an opportunity to be better, and when I do more, I am definitely better.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday on Pecos Rd.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Look at that front wheel/chainring fairing...looks just like the Andean.

Why doesn't someone just follow him around and take video? Tired of all these blurry still photos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the beam might be pretty short and meet up with the curved down tube to form a pretty chunk frontal area
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait for October 4th.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is he never in the aerobars? He's riding like an age grouper on this thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure neither can Pubes. I'll PayPal $25 to anyone who can beat BryanD to the official "P5x Launch" ST thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I was seeing things yesterday when he rode by me yesterday. I said to myself, why is he riding a Dimond, I thought he was sponsored by Cervelo. I'm glad I saw this post.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
I'm sure neither can Pubes. I'll PayPal $25 to anyone who can beat BryanD to the official "P5x Launch" ST thread.

I just want to preserve this. I imagine the first people to have real pictures of the bike will be in Kona.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Sep 28, 16 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
davews09 wrote:

I just want to preserve this. I imagine the first people to have real pictures of the bike will be in Kona.

Yep! More than likely, neither me or Pubes will start a thread on this first. It will be one of you guys who are in Kona!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disk brakes on a TT bike. Just makes me wanna cry.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Accept it. they're coming.
I remember people saying the same about tri bars, clipless pedals, and ergo/sti levers

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:

Cry tears of happiness because things are about to get very interesting

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know honestly maybe the only reason they are bad is that we will all have to buy new wheels. Which is VERY expensive :)

I just built up a fat bike from scratch with hydros. I am assuming maybe they are less finicky than rim brakes, pretty bomb proof once setup, and the feel is better with a ton more power. I'm not going to sit here and do the math, but hydros have to be more expensive than rim brakes. And judging from the pics of the pro rider's leg probably much more dangerous in a crash situation. And again now we all gotta pay for new aero wheels? The wheel thing has to be by far the biggest drawback.

So my thought here is this entire disk brake movement simply a HUGE money grab by the wheel manufacturers?

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
cmscat50 wrote:

Cry tears of happiness because things are about to get very interesting

Care to elaborate? The Diamondback is hideous, the new cervelo looks to be pretty weird looking....

Aside from, yes, being a money grab, what is the incentive for companies to switch to discs? I really don't buy the safer braking bit, no one here is having trouble slowing down. Does a disc system as a whole make for a lighter bike?

Man, I'm leaning more towards an Omni if they actually end up delivering working bikes on time to the first buyers...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only experience with disc brakes is riding a Cervelo C3 around the parking lot of my local tri shop and seeing how disc brakes felt.

As I said before on here, if disc brake bikes are faster, I want to be on that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't make me want to cry, but I'm not interested in buying a new set of wheels to go along with a new bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
My only experience with disc brakes is riding a Cervelo C3 around the parking lot of my local tri shop and seeing how disc brakes felt.

As I said before on here, if disc brake bikes are faster, I want to be on that.

I would seriously question any data that says a disc setup hanging off the front/rear forks is much, if any faster than a proper aero brake caliper (tririg). All these different super bikes, etc., kind of splitting hairs these days in terms of gains.
So many people here get hot and bothered over a -potential- 30 second gain over 180km, etc...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X photo????? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgunthert wrote:
Doesn't make me want to cry, but I'm not interested in buying a new set of wheels to go along with a new bike.

Don't worry, Cervelo will include a hot $120 set of training wheels, like they do on all their bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://cyclingtips.com/...ero-disc-road-bikes/

According to Yu, earlier Venge ViAS Disc development mules with post mount brake hardware had already lessened the aerodynamic drawbacks to rim brake bikes, but it was the switch to flat mount that closed the gap entirely.

“[On the post mount prototype], there was a super small difference in terms of aero — 2-4 seconds slower at low to moderate yaws (below 5 degrees). Once you got out to 15 degrees, it grew to around 8 seconds. What we found in more recent testing on production frames and forks with more finalized shaping and flat mount hardware, that gap consistently shrunk to the point where I’m comfortably calling it essentially the same aerodynamics between the two fully built bikes.

“The difference at those same low-yaw angles, say 0 to 5 degrees, is effectively zero to maybe 2 seconds max over 40km. At yaws of 15 degrees, it was no more than four seconds on one side, and the other side was essentially zero seconds difference. When we test fully built bikes, our margin of error is in the neighborhood of a second and change so we’re really pushing into that margin of certainty, anyway. That’s how close we feel the two bikes are.”

At least according to Specialized’s in-house testing, the main culprit is the rotor.
“It’s mostly the rotor, and the fact that the hubs are usually a little bit bulkier. In that handful of seconds difference among most of the bikes we tested, the difference is greater in a crosswind where the rotor is more exposed. And it’s not just the rotor; it’s also the carrier and all that other material that’s directly exposed.”

Not surprisingly, then, it’s this area where Yu (reluctantly) admitted the most benefits can be potentially gained.
“I would concentrate more on the rotor, and the carrier, and the hub interface — that entire area — before I would concentrate on the caliper. Maybe even how the fork plays with all of those things, too. That entire area near the rotor, the design focus is better used addressing the rotor and hub area rather than the caliper.

“If I ticked those boxes, then I would look at the caliper to see if there’s something I could do there but I wouldn’t spend resources there. I think you can squeeze a lot more from the same effort out of the rotor and hub.”

Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 28, 16 9:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, so then why bother changing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To fix carbon clincher braking issues? I don't know....things change in any market.

Why remove the headphone jack of the iPhone 7?

Quote Reply

Prev Next