Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh god, the repeated joke hurts more than the injury :)

Hit and run drivers = WORST.

------
David Roche
Some Work, All Play podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/...ll-play/id1521532868
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh god, the repeated joke hurts more than the injury :)

Something tells me that now that everyone knows that you are ok, the jokes will increase in volume and intensity. Maybe you should get a body girdle to hold yourself still while you giggle......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave--super bummer about the car-bike interaction, seriously. Can you do us a favor and commence with more smack talkery regardless? It makes the day go by faster and we all know that no self respecting verbal jouster would let a significant injury get in the way of business.

You guys make me want to come out and do this race, even though we've got plenty of awesome stuff on the diagonal opposite side of the US.

AZ Socal would be pretty epic though. Something out near San Jacinto or San Bernadino... hmmm....

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As it should.

As for brain cells. Really should not matter. Not like you are gonna do rocket surgery or something hard. Its just law school.
Last edited by: Chris G: May 13, 10 15:35
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [DHeineck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When life gives you lemons, make Percocet-flavored lemonade :)

I am pretty sure I will still beat ML on Sunday. That guy sucks ;)

------
David Roche
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoulder, schmolder - HOW'S THE BIKE?!?!????!!!!!!

Chicks dig scars. Some guys do too, so you're good either way.

All d-baggery aside - CRAP. That totally sucks. ARRRRRGH.

I feel your pain (and in the creepy Bill Clinton way; meaning, I don't actually feel your pain in any way, shape, or form).

We'll have to mix up a big batch of appletini's for you to self-medicate whilst you watch the action on Sunday.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, so sorry to hear about the accident. that really sucks but hope you have a speedy recovery. we will have someone help you out with a ICB on sunday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, there goes our only chance for a podium spot for the alma mater. I will try to carry the flag on the LC but I think I will shine more for Columbia under the pavillion drinking Keegans. Sucks, sorry to hear about you injuries, where did it happen. In the park or near campus? Get better soon and hope to see you up at Spring Farm.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [sevenride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well, there goes our only chance for a podium spot for the alma mater. I will try to carry the flag on the LC but I think I will shine more for Columbia under the pavillion drinking Keegans. Sucks, sorry to hear about you injuries, where did it happen. In the park or near campus? Get better soon and hope to see you up at Spring Farm.

Haha, thanks :) It happened leaving the park on 110th and Columbus. Was just going through the intersection (green light) when the bumper flashed in my peripheral. Frustrating, that was probably going to be my last ever ride in NYC, and I was a half-mile from the dorm.

Anyway, thanks so much guys but this thread needs to get back on track. How many SC's will be geezer'd by my old man? YOUR DREAMS WILL STILL BE CRUSHED BY A ROCHE :)

------
David Roche
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As it should.

As for brain cells. Really should not matter. Not like you are gonna do rocket surgery or something hard. Its just law school.

and you already have your offer and acceptance sealed. So it's all good..... It's not like you were trying to be a Canadian accountant, or syrup sucker or poutine inhaler or something else similarly intellectually challenging....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How many SC's will be geezer'd by my old man? YOUR DREAMS WILL STILL BE CRUSHED BY A ROCHE :)

(just checking how much Papa Roche beat me by at Worlds last year......)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing technical about any of the descents is if you have the piss luck to be behind a minivan coming off the top from the golf course. Nothing like having to milk brakes all the way down trying not to plow through the back window...and knowing ML is putting big time into you every moment....

TT bike all the way. I did my Talon SL reconfigured at 75 deg and road drops/clip ons the first year I did it. I did my TT bike last year. No comparison. I'll say it again....TT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Brian said. TT bike, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I was putting big time into you every moment even w/o the minivan (I need to thank my Mom for that again, btw.)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni,

Could you clear up some confusion about the LC special needs bottle locations? (Remember, I'm the guy who took the short bus to school.)

The race day info says that special needs bottles will be at 44/55 & granite aid station (near the top of the page) but contradicts that, I think, later on in the discussion of aid stations, where it says special needs bottles will be just past Clove Rd. on 44/55, which Google maps tells me is on the descent after the switchback climb that goes past the Trapps.

I think there is similar confusion the ITT page, where the Aid Station notes mention an aid station near Clove Rd, but shows one on the map near 44/55 and Granite.

Thanks

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need no stinkin' special needs! MAN UP!!!

And don't forget your hockey mask & your wubby, sport.

************************************************************************************************

GOOD MORNING AM-ZOF RACERS AND FANS!!! Only 2 days to go until SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!

GET READY FOR SOME NON-STOP ACTION ACTION ACTION!!!!!

(All we need now is a 'celebrity' visit by Dick LaHey - King of the SUPER-SMOKY BURNOUTS!!!! Oh wait, this isn't Raceway Park, in Englishtown NJ?)

*************************************************************************************************

In full taper mode now, had 2 Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA's last nite. Yummers. It does a body good.
Slept in today, rest day, doing lots of nada. I *heart* tapering!!!

Mrs. ML gave me the ultimate (backhanded) compliment this am, when she asked "are you *trying* to lose more weight??".
Meanwhile, I can virtually guarantee Mrs. Tetsuoni didn't say that to him today. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [KINGMurphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Mr Sunday Sunday Sunday was Jan Gabriel, who passed away about 8 months ago.

Just got done removing my toenails, so there will be no doubt who is putting it on the limit on Sunday.

Hittin' the road in the next hour.

LATE
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure every region has their own SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY hero of yesterday.

Removing your toenails? Sheesh.

You and JM have fun at Keegans.
His 'beer storage unit' is in full effect. He looks like a cross between the Michelin Man and Penguins of Madagascar.

Safe driving-

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, boy do I look fast.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [KINGMurphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You don't need no stinkin' special needs! MAN UP!!!

Come on, I'm dependent on the welfare state; free hand-outs (hand-ups?) are critical to me.

Anyway, I invite all to interpret this Am Zof dream I had...

Near the start of the second run, I'm hobbling up that first climb towards Cedar Drive. I get to the top and take a left, looking forward to a stretch where I can actually run. As soon as I make that left, wham, I'm now in the food court of a major mall, pushing my way through typically obese mall shoppers slurping super-sized colas and munching on oversized donuts.

Here are the three possible interpretations I see:
1) tetsuoni has changed the venue without telling anybody, hence the confusion about aid stations.
2) A mall is soon to be built at the Spring Farm location.
3) When we get to the run, I'm going to be rolling over any of you slow fat asses that still happen to be in front of me.

Other interpretations may exist, but I'm going with the third one.

Victor

blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, either number three or you secretly long to be one of those obese, bloated ticks-suckin on chicken wings, slurpin down double cheese burgers while brousing in chess king for a nice pair of ass hugin slacks.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just finished mapquesting so that we can hit the one and only Cracker Barrel in NY state on our way there. That is my only goal for this trip..... hit a Cracker Barrel so that I can feel skinny :)

Williamsville NY for lunch today!!!

Over and out. Safe trips everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmm, double cheese burger. May have to find one or two for the drive back Sunday night....maybe with bacon. A post race meal after the post race meal.

Victor

blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. If we had good judgment, we wouldn't have become lawyers in the first place. At least I figured it out and quit to pursue my dream of being a race director!
2. If I had good judgment, would I have teens? In general no - but me being the lucky bastard that I am, my girls are perfect. Thanks to their mum, not me.
3. But didn't those old dudes only give you beer to get in your pants?
4. And, jaysus, it was Corona?! Vile, vile swill.
5. And that, afterall, was my plan all along. I'd hate to think she lumps me in with King Murphy and his ilk.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [knova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well written! you're clearly of AmZof caliber.
Free entry to 2011 if you race in the aforementioned pink tutu!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We discussed intoxicated RDing at USAT certification. Apparently, it's frowned upon. Who'da thunk?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply

Prev Next