Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3. MVDP vs WVA vs FC
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Primo to Bora is done. (if real...lots of things moving in cycling these days)
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Oct 3, 23 5:47
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of funny how easily Pogacar blows up a race.

Rico Carapaz looking better than he has.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Pop quiz: which matchup would you rather watch:
1) Sagan x FC x Boonen
2) MvdP x WvA x Pogi (realize this eliminates Roubaix, for the moment at least)

As much as I was a huge Boonen and Peto fanboy, the Pogi involvement in the Alien v Predator makes that fascinating.

And Luigi wasn't a favorite of mine.

Pog getting into the final group at PR would be thrilling. Could happen.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think I have to agree with that sentiment; a GC guy throwing leather with the best classics guys is just a different ballgame.

What I’d still love to see is prime Peto vs MvdP and WvA. At his best I think he was more unstoppable than the two current stars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

i do agree, even though i like wout better, peak sagan was really something else. he'd be on the podium with sprinters, climbers, and classics guys all in the same one week stage race.

i'd pay good money to see a young wout in that early TOC with LFF and sagan and watch that play out.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hagenes needs to work on his victory celebration, eh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TOC was like the coming out party for so many, not to mention a young Slovenian Savage in Pogi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:

i do agree, even though i like wout better, peak sagan was really something else. he'd be on the podium with sprinters, climbers, and classics guys all in the same one week stage race.

i'd pay good money to see a young wout in that early TOC with LFF and sagan and watch that play out.

but that description applies to at least WvA, if not MvdP.

WvA actually did this in the TdF.
Last edited by: echappist: Oct 3, 23 11:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
TOC was like the coming out party for so many, not to mention a young Slovenian Savage in Pogi.

And was a favorite of our Slovakian Savage who quietly rode off into the sunset just two days ago with his last race on the road. Hope to see him rally his form for Olympic bumpy stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

That was funny - reverse Hesjedel. And it is infinitely better to cross the line without knowing it than it is to think you're crossing the line when you're not.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 3, 23 15:43
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
buzz wrote:

but that description applies to at least WvA, if not MvdP.

WvA actually did this in the TdF.

Wout's Tour in 2021 was beyond peak Sagan. The climbiest stage of the Tour featuring a double ascent of Mont Ventoux? I don't see Peto winning that one. A 30km TT? Peto could prologue okay but he was never going to threaten in a long TT. And then the next day winning on the Champs Elysees - certainly that was well within Peto's wheelhouse.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from actually winning the Tour, that might have been one of the most impressive rider performances ever. Although as this year showed, it’s tough to hit that level of fitness, and have things really go your (his) way.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

And was a favorite of our Slovakian Savage who quietly rode off into the sunset just two days ago with his last race on the road. Hope to see him rally his form for Olympic bumpy stuff.

I watched that quiet finish to a noisy and remarkable career. An "Irish goodbye" for a true rock star. Still expected him to come around Demare at the finish.

Would love to see him have some great shenanigans in mtb.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
eb wrote:

That was funny - reverse Hesjedel. And it is infinitely better to cross the line without knowing it than it is to think you're crossing the line when you're not.
That was quite funny, i'd say he gets a pass. Tour of Lombardy viewing options - is 'surfshark' reliable/legit?
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Looks like Primo to Bora is done. (if real...lots of things moving in cycling these days)

So now Lefevere seems to be saying he wants to keep the Wolfpack alive. Looks like the "merger" will result in a handful of QS riders going to JV, but QS will still exist and still have a WorldTour license. He'd need to find sponsorship and a bunch more riders to fill out the roster in order to keep going. This could present an opportunity for a team to get up to WorldTour level by merging with whatever remains of the Wolfpack, picking up some riders, staffers, and crucially, a WT license. Wonder if there are any discussions happening between Lefevere and, say, Lotto Destiny, a pro tour team also from Belgium that could use an injection of classics talent/expertise and a WT license? Q36.5, Tudor, IPT, UnoX all could also eye a move up to the world tour via this method, though you'd assume Lotto would be the most logical fit. Though there is the whole "do you really want to get into bed with Patrick Lefevere" element that would probably be a dealbreaker for most teams.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twilkas wrote:
- is 'surfshark' reliable/legit?

I gave been using it for the last 2 years, it's been totally fine.
I got a discount from Alex Dowsett's youtube channel, you can check if he is still running that promo.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know which is the bigger trainwreck right now between pro cycling and the US House of Representatives. At least pro cycling is more entertaining!
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good one—was going to say that this makes the House looks like a reasonably functioning entity.

Regarding Remco, I place the chances of him staying on a “leftover” team right there with the Kardashians quitting TicTok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Good one—was going to say that this makes the House looks like a reasonably functioning entity.

Regarding Remco, I place the chances of him staying on a “leftover” team right there with the Kardashians quitting TicTok.

I'm thinking maybe if Scarlet LeFevere works this to create another team from parts that it creates more WT spots for guys?
That would be a good thing.

Giving the devil his due, he did put together the original Wolfpack when it had teeth. And he'll be the first to tell you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
... LeFevere works this to create another team from parts ...

I'm claiming copyrights to "FrankenTeam" right here, right now!!! LOL

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Primo > Bora is official. I just hope they have enough supporting cast to make a real run at next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some really good climbers on Bora.. Starting with Hindley, then Vlasov, Buchman, Utobroox, the question is if they will be able and willing to slot in from riding for themselves more to domestique mode

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
There are some really good climbers on Bora.. Starting with Hindley, then Vlasov, Buchman, Utobroox, the question is if they will be able and willing to slot in from riding for themselves more to domestique mode

Hindley and Buchman I can definitely see as high level domestiques, though of all the other climby types you probably see Hindley getting his own GC shots in grand tours Rog doesn't start. Vlasov seems like a lone wolf kind of dude, and Uijtdebroeks is more like the anointed future GC hope that you hope Roglic takes under his wing a little. You've also got Fabbro, Konrad, Kamna and Schachmann who could be great domestiques. Bora has the squad to be right up there.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now the mega merger is off? https://www.cyclingweekly.com/...-off-belgian-reports

Nothing to see here, move along.
Quote Reply

Prev Next