Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
masterslacker wrote:
thekidd142 wrote:
Finally a race where I practically live on-course.

What do you think of the point to point aspect? Will it be a pain or easy? What's the grade of the bike hills? It looks like some decent elevation gain. Nice to have another 70.3 within driving distance..

I think that the bike course looks really good. I think they are saying ~1,200ft of climbing over the course...that's not bad at all. Point to point will also be so much better than loops. The run course is tough around the turn around (Art Museum) but will be nice coming back. Finally, with the finish where it is...there is a lot of options for after race beer drinking at some quality places (Busy Bee, Raleigh Times, Flying Saucer, Brewmasters, etc).

Agree...this is my kind of course. Rolling bike in places and a run that most should be able to negative split. Is a definite for 20131

-------------------------------------------------------
Check out {re}vici Upscale Casual Triathlon Apparel
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [{re}viciTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting comments regarding the heat. Average high temperature is 83 degrees...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else notice that T1 and the finish are 30+ mins (by car) away from each other? Seems terrible to me.
Last edited by: bwain: Aug 8, 12 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is part of the run on trail? It looks like the run course goes off road after Meredith College and near the Vet School.

Lisa

http://www.lisakildayphotography.com

Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
Does anyone else notice that T1 and the finish are 30+ mins (by car) away from each other? Seems terrible to me.

For spectators, it could be a hassle.

For racers, it should be no issue. I am sure WTC will have a way to get your T1 supplies to the finish area. Honestly, it should not be much at this race. No wet suit, most likely. So all you'd really leave behind is goggles, a towel(maybe), swim cap and flip flops. Either way, WTC brings it to the finish area and racers have no reason to return to T1.

-------------------------------------------------------
Check out {re}vici Upscale Casual Triathlon Apparel
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [lisalisadc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After running up the main drive at Meredith College you will make a right turn onto a paved trail and take that to the turn around point at the Art Museum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There will be a mandatory bike check-in on Saturday at Vista Point. Athletes will be shuttled on busses race morning from T2/Finish to the swim venue/T1 at Vista Point. They will place morning clothes and swim gear in a labeled plastic bag which will be taken to the finish area where they will be organized and ready for pick up when the athletes are done.
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
Interesting comments regarding the heat. Average high temperature is 83 degrees...

Humidity.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:

90's and high humidity are quite common in NC in June no matter what the avg says. We are usually hit our first 90 degree day in early May. You don't get accustomed to racing in that heat/humidity combo until late in the summer (if ever). 75 degree dew point in early summer will bring many to thier knees on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:
Has anyone from m-dot been to NC in june? It will be 90+ and high humidity... Thats about as good an idea as a 70.3 DC in august... wtf?

Or Muncie in July or Louisville in August or NYC in August, etc etc etc

I hear it is pretty hot and humid in Hawaii, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:
Has anyone from m-dot been to NC in june? It will be 90+ and high humidity... Thats about as good an idea as a 70.3 DC in august... wtf?

Or Muncie in July or Louisville in August or NYC in August, etc etc etc

I hear it is pretty hot and humid in Hawaii, too.

I was just pointing out to the previous poster that WTC has a history of putting races on during hot and humid times of the year.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to do this race but I have IMTX two weeks earlier and I'm going to be shelled. Dammit!!!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
There will be a mandatory bike check-in on Saturday at Vista Point. Athletes will be shuttled on busses race morning from T2/Finish to the swim venue/T1 at Vista Point. They will place morning clothes and swim gear in a labeled plastic bag which will be taken to the finish area where they will be organized and ready for pick up when the athletes are done.

Oh so like every other M-dot race where T1 and T2 aren't at the same location.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
After running up the main drive at Meredith College you will make a right turn onto a paved trail and take that to the turn around point at the Art Museum.

That is going to be a HILLY ~3 miles in there...
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they sold out...
Quote Reply

Prev Next