Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 205
2) Average speed in MPH 21.8
3) Distance 56
4) Rider weight 145lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels Trek Equinox

Eagleman 70.3

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average Power - 374AP - 378NP
2) Averge Speed - 31.85mph
3) Distance - Local 10mi Time Trial, Time - 18:44
4) Rider Weight - 165lbs
5) Bike - Giant Trinity Pro TT - Zipp 900/HED JET9+ , Corsa speed Tubeless front, tubular rear.
6) 15mph Cross headwind on the out leg (5.5 mi) Tailwind and slight uphill drag to the finish.

Last edited by: Stoo: Jun 16, 17 0:00
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Stoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average Power - 243w
2) Average Speed - 28.64mph / Time 20:57
3) Distance - 10m TT
4) Rider Weight - 140lbs
5) Bike - PX Exoslut 2

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Stoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummmmm,

Holy Shit!

Do you have a picture from the side.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the greatest pic, head is usually a little lower but I was about to negotiate a bend.
CdA ~0.185m²

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Wind tunnel tested I imagine. Did the praying Mantis position make a big difference for you?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velodrome testing.

If I am honest, I haven't tested with hand positions in anything other than this position. (Reversed 40deg extensions)

However, I will be retesting in the next few weeks/months as I need to drop my hands for a UCI event.

So I will do some comparisons. If UCI is faster, then that's what I will ride the whole time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! How much do the socks help and what brand?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great position and speed! How about the Corsa Speed up front? I run a Conti Supersonic 20 on my Jet 9 but I want to use the Corsa Speed tubeless instead. Did you do any testing on the wheel and tire by chance? Obviously it isn't slowing you down any :D :D
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endura/Drag2Zero Calf Guards
SMART overshoes

Apparently, ~10w of drag reduction...
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!

Yeah I tested the Jet9+ vs an 808 and Enve 8.9.
I'll let you figure out the result ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stoo wrote:
Thanks!!

Yeah I tested the Jet9+ vs an 808 and Enve 8.9.
I'll let you figure out the result ;)
Thanks! Tubeless and Corsa Speed on my Jet 9+ it is, can't get the Supersonics any more anyways....
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a fast combo.
Good luck mounting the tyre!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stoo wrote:
It's a fast combo.
Good luck mounting the tyre!!!!
Haha! i know the struggle is real. It's definitely easier not worrying about pinching a latex tube though. I'll mount the tire on a non tubeless rim first and let it stretch a bit. I wish my older C2 disc was tubeless :( I'm still considering trying it though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
philg wrote:
Hahaha yeah i can do ugly, but thanks :)

Not at altitude, probably about 375ft above sea level on average.
600ft-ish of ascent altogether on an out and back course thats like a big bowl....

philg wrote:
1) Average Power - 243w
3) Distance - 10m TT
4) Rider Weight - 140lbs
5) Bike - PX Exoslut 2

it's actually a very good position

Stoo wrote:
Not the greatest pic, head is usually a little lower but I was about to negotiate a bend.
CdA ~0.185m²

that is damn slippery

out of curiosity, is that a ice sock or camelbak on your back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, that's the results you get with massive power and a great aero setup. Awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hopefully get that 10mi power up to ~400 this season.

It's an optical illusion, there is a number window halfway down the back....
Last edited by: Stoo: Jun 16, 17 7:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
impressive work! Seems like you are from the Benelux? Would 400 watt at that distance get you a medal amongst the top amateurs?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nooo, I'm in the UK.
The fotograf company was brought over to capture a UCI event here.

400W with a low CdA should see top 5 in national amateur events.
I got a Bronze medal in a national time trial last Sunday but it had a fairly small turnout.

In terms of W/CdA, 2000> is deemed as being elite level.
Current 374w/,185m² gives 2021. So on paper, a good standing.
400w would push that up to 2162!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
philg wrote:
Hahaha yeah i can do ugly, but thanks :)

Not at altitude, probably about 375ft above sea level on average.
600ft-ish of ascent altogether on an out and back course thats like a big bowl....

philg wrote:
1) Average Power - 243w
3) Distance - 10m TT
4) Rider Weight - 140lbs
5) Bike - PX Exoslut 2

it's actually a very good position

Thanks @eschappist :-) its something i'm still working on (like everyone)...
Frame is new to me as my slice developed a crack at the seattube/ BB junction, so an interim measure really.
Did try a high hands approach like stoo, but the Tula bars wouldn't allow the pads to tilt enough, so meant my elbow points were taking the brunt of it, and didn't feel too stable.
Now i've converted it to Di2, i'll perhaps have another play with a pair of 50deg extensions I've got.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me try a post from my half iron distance race today. I think the only good thing was it confirmed that I'm relatively aero . . .

1. Average Power - 183W
2. Average Speed - 24.1mph/2:19.02 Garmin split, 2:19.?? official split (results not posted yet).
3. Distance - 56mi (Patriot Half Iron in Freetown, Mass - fast course)
4. Rider Weight - 129lbs
5. Bike - Dimond Brilliant w/ Zipp disc and Enve front, TriRig aerobar, Vittoria Corsa Speed

General commentary - I've only done two races on the Dimond, both relatively remarkable splits compared to my wattage IMO. Added the Vittoria today for the first time. I did this same race in 2011 on a Trek Speed concept at 186W in 2:28, though I was running 808s w/ lower quality tires. Wattage should have been >= 200 today, but just had a terrible race in all three sports for whatever reason. Being aero somewhat saved the day, otherwise my performance would have been even more embarrassing.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philg wrote:
Did try a high hands approach like stoo, but the Tula bars wouldn't allow the pads to tilt enough, so meant my elbow points were taking the brunt of it, and didn't feel too stable.
Now i've converted it to Di2, i'll perhaps have another play with a pair of 50deg extensions I've got.

Speak to Kingswann on the TTF forum, I have some wedges to angle my armrests up off him. So much comfier!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) AP 229W
2) Average Speed: 36.9km/h / 23.06 mph (Garmin)
3) Distance: 51.2km / 32 mi (Garmin)
4) Rider height/weight: 5'7.5" 152 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 with clip-on aerobars, Flo 60/90 wheels with Michelin Lithion 2 tires, 2 Elite CX drink bottles
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Jun 21, 17 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Stoo,
You're going well ,mate!!!

Unfortunately the design of the tulas won't allow the use of an angled wedge; the pad mount is only singlebolt, and also holds the extensions in by a compression type ball joint.
They have enough of a job holding it all in place as it is!

I did have a synop basebar which allowed me to use high hands, using 30deg's reversed and profile j3? brackets. Comfort and handling were fine, as there was more weight and load shared better.

Only way possible maybe is if i could mount the armrests on the trailing end of the extensions, using a vuka type mount, and use the use clamps to hold it all in situ.

Using what tilt is possible as standard on the USE, i'll try the 50's but the proper way around this time, seeing as i dont have to recable it now :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice.
Do you have a picture?
Quote Reply

Prev Next