Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wildman Biathlon: fun local duathlon race that has a point-to-point bike that starts in Shelburne, NH with ~11miles of rolling circuit before climbing up to the Wildcat Mountain ski area for the second half. I did this as part of a relay, the last leg is a run/hike up to the peak of the mountain!

1) 299 AP, 303 NP
2) 23.3 mph
3) 22.2 miles/1,800ft of climbing
4) 69kg
5) Aero road bike, clip-on bars, 60/disc wheels, skinsuit, TT helmet
6) Averaged just shy of 27mph for the first half before turning onto the climb. Was able to stay in TT position for all but the last pitch of the climb (average grade of 3%). Was happy the race was not cancelled due to heavy rain before the start; light rain and cool temperatures made for ideal weather climbing the mountain.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
jaretj wrote:
Local Sprint Tri (T-Rex Tri Series)

1. 194AP, (207NP)
2. 23.9 mph
3. 11.8 miles
4. 142 lbs
5. 2014 Cervelo P2 (45) Jet 90 front, Jet 90 rear with cover Conti GP400S2 F/R, Laser Wasp helmet with Visor, Kiwami Amphibian Prima Tri-suit
6. Slightly hilly course for a sprint

https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/1225002096

Same course as before
1. 187AP, (198NP)
2. 24.1 mph
3. 11.87 miles
4. 142 lbs
5. 2014 Cervelo P2 (45) Jet 90 front, Jet 90 rear with cover Conti GP400S2 F/R, Laser Wasp helmet with Visor, Kiwami Amphibian Tri-suit
6. Slightly hilly course for a sprint. Much warmer and humid this time.

https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/1265247354

Last race of the T-Rex series, same course as first two
1. 193AP, (205NP)
2. 24.0 mph
3. 11.88 miles
4. 144 lbs
5. 2014 Cervelo P2 (45) Jet 90 front, Jet 90 rear with cover Conti GP400S2 F/R, Laser Wasp helmet with Visor, Kiwami Amphibian Tri-suit
6. Slightly hilly course for a sprint. Cooler than the first two. I used a 12-28 cassette and I really missed the 11 for three of the downhills. Probably lost a handful of seconds.

https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/1308926291
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 169 AP/176 NP
2) 22.4
3) 56 (steelhead 70.3)
4) 148#
5) Cervelo P5-six (48), enve 8 + zipp super 9 CC.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 200 AP/217 NP
2) 23.6
3) 55.4 (Steelhead up to boardwalk-ish; stopped garmin then)
4) 6'2, 178 lbs on race day
5) Felt IA-10, Hed H3+ with Conti GP4000sii 23 (latex/caffelatex sealed) front, Hed Jet Disc with Powertap hub and Conti attack reverse (butyl tube)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first and last "40k" of the year for me alas only 39k
318w
29.2mph
24.2miles
166lbs
60F
wind 11.5 mph

excuses....had to fight off side ache last 10miles, it was chilly and windy. on the double loop. the last 4 miles with a tail cross wind avg 32.7mph . I don't know about others, but I have a hard time holding power when it is below 70. the cooler the worse the effect. didn't crank 170hr 'til 3 min to go. should have been there about 12 mi earlier

missed pr by 4sec from 5 years ago though it was 10deg cooler and a few mph windier today.
Last edited by: jeffp: Aug 22, 16 10:15
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [sscott43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ft Desoto Tri 3

1) 275 AP/279 NP
2) 25.8
3) 19.1
4) 6'2, 160 lbs
5) Cervelo P5 Six w/ HED JET 6 front and HED Disc rear, Conti GP 4000S II w/ Vittoria Latex tires, LG-P09 helmet, PI Octane tri suit and my swim skin around my waist dangling because I'm a dummy and forgot to take it all the way off and didn't realize it until halfway through the first lap.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMMT 2016

1) 201 AP/208 NP
2) 109.7 miles
3) 21.9 mph
4) 5'6. 134-135lbs
5) Cervelo P5. Reynold strike on front, Reynold Element disc on back (didn't stick tape over the opening for the tube). Conti GP pumped to 95 psi. Giro aerohead helmet (visor on during the flats, took it off on the hills as it fogged up), Castelli sleeved tri suit, shaved arms and legs. Hydration setup (xlab bta bottle, torhans aero bottle, one bottle behind the seat). Torhans bento box, Garmin in front of the bottle. Photo (except I was wearing a different kit): https://www.instagram.com/p/BJNZ1BNhTPs/
6) Garmin file: https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/1316569207. Was set to autolap every 10 miles. I also pressed lap at the end of the first lap. Built my power during the ride but the wind got stronger so the second lap was a bit slower despite the power being slightly higher. Started raining about an hour into the ride and then rained all day. Base elevation 230 metres.

Elevation on the garmin file reads 1841ft for the entire ride. I've ridden it before in normal conditions and got 3000ft for a single loop which seems closer to my internal gauge and the race website. Another friend had the same reading though. Curious to see what others' files recorded and if the weather had any impact on the reading.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short 11mi hilly/curvy TT

1) 278AP/285NP
2) 11mi (500' climbing)
3) 25.3mph (25:56)
4) 6'0", 180lbs
5) Trek SC9, H3/Jet+disc
6) Slow course: uphill on the way out, curvy downhill on the way back. The curves and little rises and bumps make it hard to keep the power down on the way back. It's also hard to hold aero position. Was in the break in a RR the day before and cramped at the end so legs were sore/tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chicago triathlon

1) 213 NP/207AP
2) 24.46 mph
3) ~24.5 (lost satellite signal on lower wacker drive
4) 148#
5) Cervelo P5-six (48), enve 8.9 with wheelcover, Giro Aerohead, Scody sleeved tri suit

http://tpks.ws/4qjs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
South Riding Sprint Triathlon

1) 257 NP / 250 AP (BBS matched my time to the second)
2) 23.66 mph
3) ~11.6 miles (30+ turns! - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/245690)
4) 175#
5) QR PRfive, Reynolds Strike SLG, Giro advantage 2, DeSoto Forza ITU
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Challenge Roth 2016
1) 155 w
2) 20 mph (32,3 kmh)
3) 111 mls (179 km)
4) 165 lbs (75 kg)
5) Felt B10,size M, zipp FC 404 veloflex extreme front, 404 with diy cover and veloflex Carbon rear, torhans vr and aero 30

Werbellinsee Triathlon 2016

1) 208 w
2) 21,75 mph (35 kmh)
3) 53,75 mls (86,5 km)
4) 165 lbs (75 kg)
5) as above
[URL=http://www.pic-upload.de/...80944/image.jpg.html][/url]

-shoki
Last edited by: shoki: Aug 29, 16 14:40
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 276W AP
2) 44.1kmh (27.4mph)
3) 19k, TT
4) ~73kg (160lbs)
5) P4, 2x Zipp 1080 w SS20, 3T Ventus, Tririg Omega, full tri kit (2x BTA + storage behind seat), SRM PM6
"Virtual CdA"=0.201 with Crr=0.0035, rho=1.201
6) had to brake hard once for traffic pileup (left hand turn), lost 5sec...
7) Not paying €20 for this picture, from IM Kalmar (4:46 @190W), but you get the picture (ha):

Last edited by: Nicko: Sep 4, 16 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Nicko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicko wrote:
1) 276W AP
2) 44.1kmh (27.4mph)
3) 19k, TT
4) ~73kg (160lbs)
5) P4, 2x Zipp 1080 w SS20, 3T Ventus, Tririg Omega, full tri kit (2x BTA + storage behind seat), SRM PM6

Can you post a photo please
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [zilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zilla wrote:
Nicko wrote:
1) 276W AP
2) 44.1kmh (27.4mph)
3) 19k, TT
4) ~73kg (160lbs)

It looks just as fast as you would guess. I rode the same race as Nicko, but managed to get off course. My stats:
1) 284w
2) 41.1 kmh
3) 19k TT
4) 71kg
5) Canyon Speedmax, Zipp 808 FC w/ rear cover and Zipp Tangente tubs, no bottles but extra tube behind the seat.
6) My hair is slow? Idk anymore. Thought I was fast before I talked to Nicko.
Here is my position, but wore a bioracer suit for this race. I want to believe that I tuck more than I do in this pic.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [zilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zilla wrote:
Post updated with low res pic from random spot at IM Kalmar. Used disc there, but no shoe covers.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Nicko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 252 NP
2. 26.4 mph
3. 40k TT
4. ~167
5. Trek SC, first outdoor ride on it, 2nd ride on it total. 808 front, Enve 45 on back with slow tire- flatted just before and had to use back-up wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bonafide505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moriarty? I was lined up at the start when we heard your tire flat on the other side of the road. Glad you had a spare and could still get a good ride in.

Record Challenge 40km TT, 56:37.75
1) AP: 202W (205W on the way out, 196W on the way back)
2) 26.34 mph (42.39km/h)
3) 40km
4) About 135lbs (61.4kg)
5) BMC TM01, with Di2. 3T Vola Team Stealth cockpit. 404 Firecrest tubular on the front with a 24mm S-Works Turbo. HED Stinger 9 rear converted to disc by a local composites company (so basically a HED Stinger disc, but different cover bonded to spokes), tire on rear was a Zipp Tangente. Long-sleeved skinsuit and shoe covers from Panache. No gloves. Giro Aerohead.
6) New TT bike and fit since the summer. I'm way faster, but can't make the power any more (compared to road bike). In an ideal world I'd be doing ~240W for 40km (have done 237W), but I'm faster with the new fit even on basically 20W less. Conditions were windy. Solid headwind on the way to the turn-around, building wind meant slightly stronger tailwind on the way back which made it hard to keep the power up.

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on your speed and power, I'd say you're very aero ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drsteve....That's a crazy time based on that power!! Means i must need to get lower. Really wish I had the 808 with disc cover for way back- it would have sailed and coupled with a fast, properly inflated tire probably would have saved my 30-45 seconds.

Nice job!

Would you believe that this is the second time in a row that the same thing has happened to me? The last time I did the race was 2013. Same thing, I warmed up on the trainer, carried the bike to the road started walking it when it flatted. I have no idea WTF happened either time. I did change tires and tubes the day before...?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bonafide505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, the fit was done by Ryan Ignatz at Colorado Multisport. I asked him to make me fast, and I guess he did...
I'm really hoping to build the power back up in the new position - if I could get it back up to ~240W and still be that aero then I'd be a happy man. Of course, that means I've got to ride the TT bike more, and I like road racing too much.

Your air loss was pretty dramatic. It sounded like a burst tube, maybe trapped under the bead? Or ripped by the valve stem? You should be able to tell from inspecting the dead tube. That's one benefit of running tubulars... no tube install problems! I'd be inclined to change stuff out a couple of days before so I can get more than one ride in on it. Better luck next time - you were quick too (faster than me, right?), although did I see you in a sleeveless suit? A disc and some sleeves will get you an even better time next year... ;-)

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in a sleeveless suit, just because I couldn't afford a skin suit this year, but have to believe that the Desoto tri suit was designed to be pretty slippery in the water and likely faster on land than anything else I own. But yes, next year I'll be in a skinsuit, with a disc and a lower position :)

I agree with your comment about making the power on the return trip. I found it very difficult to get the power up to ~240 on the return. Was pretty demoralizing pushing ~250 watts and going 22 mph on way out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powerman zofingen

1) 188w np
2) Too slow :) (16.5mph)
3) 150k
4) 180 lbs
5) cervelo p3 / flo 60 cc front and back
6) 5656 ft of climbing

A most amazing site is watching Emma pooley go past while climbing bodenburg. She is in aero, I am sitting up and it's like I was walking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The numbers I read really baffles my mind. I just started this year with a PM.

If I compare my last interval training - I did a small 7km interval (pancake flat) which lasted just over 10 minutes each.
one of the workloads was e.g.:
7km - 320Watt - 37.2 km/h (4.35 miles - 320Watt - 23.12m/h)

This is not even close to some of the speeds I read in this topic with way less Watt's

I only own a road bike so I'm definitely not aero dynamic, but are the differences with a TT bike really this high?

I can not phantom these differences.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really is about position and a Time Trial bike allows you to get in a better position than most road bikes; however, that doesn't mean that a good road bike position isn't more areo than some Time Trial positions.

FWIW my last Time Trial I avg'd 227 watts and 26.5mph over 40K, with your wattage i'd probably be tickling 30mph.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 7, 16 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a 40k last month on 318w...29.3mph, I did a 30 min interval on road bike last week at 318w...24mph. obviously not focused on aero in interval in any way
Quote Reply

Prev Next