Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodney,

Is there a way to produce a PMC chart with just CTL. I want to use the image of a 4 year build but with the ATL & TSB spikes, I think the reader will be confused/distracted.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:
Rodney,

Is there a way to produce a PMC chart with just CTL. I want to use the image of a 4 year build but with the ATL & TSB spikes, I think the reader will be confused/distracted.

No there is not. I do find it becomes a bit clearer if you tick the TSB Fill box.


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When "analysing" a workout, is there a way to select multiple laps to get the stats (min/max/avg Power, HR etc)? I can select only one lap at a time, or "drag" across the graph to get a selection. But when I activate check boxes next to the laps, nothing happens (only 1 lap - if selected) is shown in summary stats.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Is there a way to set up charts on my desktop and have the same charts come up, in the same order, on iPhone, iPad and other devices?

Thanks

Steve W
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a way to customize the ATL constant that is used by the ramp rate charts? Either on the web or mobile. (I assume they overlap on the backend somewhere, but not sure how much logic they share.)

Thanks!

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [hypsography] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. It's a specific property of each individual chart. So you have to edit it on every chart you want changed. Go to dashboard, then click the properties button. The time constants are at the bottom, maybe in an advanced section. Can't recall exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom. I've changed all the individual charts that I've added to my dashboard, but I can't figure out where the setting is for the ramp rate chart. The one that's on the home page on the web, and that's called "PMC Report" on mobile (distinct from the "Periodic Chart" which allows you to show the actual PMC).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [hypsography] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah. Sorry. Misunderstood. No, I've never found a way to configure that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this hasn't been answered - does TrainingPeaks take into account tsb of manual entries? Eg spin classes, treadmill etc I just add in but I'm not sure if form can be calculated from it? Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello to everyone in my first post on the forum :)

Is it possible to upload a structured training build in TrainingPeaks to Suunto Ambit 3 Vertical watch like it is on Garmin? I can't find such an option or any answer about this topic.
Last edited by: ArtPL: Jan 2, 18 21:49
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to create a chart (in the web dashboard or mobile app) showing run IF and run power?

/Howie Nordström
Altra Running Canada Ambassador
Hammer Nutrition US & EU Ambassador
#plantbased ✌️+🌱
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried searching, and I can't seem to find the answer.

If I'm not using a multisport watch, is there a way to split a single garmin file to different sub-activities? eg if I use the lap button to mark transitions between Swim / T1 / Bike / T2 / Run? I'm using the basic version, but will likely be upgrading to the premium version eventually.

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why does my swim always import with the previous day? If I swim on a Monday it records as Sunday etc. No problem with bike and run.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I've recently switched from an iPhone to Samsung, and for some reason I no longer have the EF metric showing up for my runs. It is there for my rides, but I'd also like to view it for my aerobic runs.

Is this a feature TrainingPeaks have removed? Or is it something to do with my switch from
iOS to Android, or is it simply a matter of not having the app set up correctly to display it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased a training plan through Training Peaks about two months ago with on issues. Recently, the day's workouts will not load - I just get the TP logo in Blue. I have a Garmin Finix 5 with the TrainingPeaks app added.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its definitely there. I have both iPhone and a Note 8. You have to look on the Map&graph page, though...its not on the summary page.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Slow_Nole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it looks like the workouts are downloading but then all you see is the screen with the TrainingPeaks logos, then you have to many workouts stored on the device. Unfortunately CIQ apps are not allowed to delete files on the device. This is something we are working with Garmin to enable. So for now the older workout files need to be manually deleted. This can be from any desktop or laptop computer. When plugged into a computer the Garmin device will appear as a external USB drive. To remove the older workouts you will want to delete all the .FIT files in the /Garmin/Workouts folder. We hope to have a better solution in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [pryhoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worked perfectly. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Dashboard Charts have people found are helpful for polarised training: triathlon, ultra-endurance?

/Howie Nordström
Altra Running Canada Ambassador
Hammer Nutrition US & EU Ambassador
#plantbased ✌️+🌱
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Is there an "official" TrainingPeaks rep on ST anymore?

It looks like the last time Rodney logged in was 2016. No one else from TP has posted in this thread, and I can't find any other threads with an official TP rep---granted searches are a bit difficult to construct for that. But, browsing through "trainingpeaks" results didn't net any obvious alternates.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be getting a little too obsessive over planning workouts but is there a way to plan for hills on running? I know the TSS takes into account graded pace but it doesn't seem the planner allows for such.

808 > NYC > PDX
2019: Honu, IMC, IMMD, IMAZ
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
I may be getting a little too obsessive over planning workouts but is there a way to plan for hills on running? I know the TSS takes into account graded pace but it doesn't seem the planner allows for such.

I don't think Rodney is around anymore. I'm happy to help, if I can. I do a lot of planning in TP using TSS.

I'm not sure I understand your question, though. Do you do structured hill workouts, like hill-repeats or something?
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
hadukla wrote:
I may be getting a little too obsessive over planning workouts but is there a way to plan for hills on running? I know the TSS takes into account graded pace but it doesn't seem the planner allows for such.


I don't think Rodney is around anymore. I'm happy to help, if I can. I do a lot of planning in TP using TSS.

I'm not sure I understand your question, though. Do you do structured hill workouts, like hill-repeats or something?

Ah thanks! Yes, I am planning a hill repeat workout and knowing this hill at 9% gradient and the Strava CR is at like 9:15 pace, I am planning to go for 11:00 or so pace. So when I put the ~1.5m interval, I am only asked to input % of threshold pace and obviously, that has no appreciation for hard this 11/mile will actually be (the CR is a pro runner). Because I use TSS as my #1 compliance priority, this will likely result in a yellow or orange for being too hard. I know I could go through the motions of calculating TSS manually given I know the gradient of this but since I have many hills to choose from around here, I was hoping for an easier way to have the planned TSS in these hill repeats.

808 > NYC > PDX
2019: Honu, IMC, IMMD, IMAZ
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Ah thanks! Yes, I am planning a hill repeat workout and knowing this hill at 9% gradient and the Strava CR is at like 9:15 pace, I am planning to go for 11:00 or so pace. So when I put the ~1.5m interval, I am only asked to input % of threshold pace and obviously, that has no appreciation for hard this 11/mile will actually be (the CR is a pro runner). Because I use TSS as my #1 compliance priority, this will likely result in a yellow or orange for being too hard. I know I could go through the motions of calculating TSS manually given I know the gradient of this but since I have many hills to choose from around here, I was hoping for an easier way to have the planned TSS in these hill repeats.

Question: Do you use the structured workout pace to drive ALARMS on your watch? In other words, are you trying to have your watch tell you if you are running too fast/slow and beep at you in those cases?

Or...are you just trying to calculate the predicted TSS for the run assuming you run up/down at your target paces?

If you are just trying to calculate the predicted TSS (and are NOT going to use pace alarms)...then you can just work off of % flat-ground pace. TP will compute Normalized Graded pace after the fact in order to compute actual TSS...which is the same as "flat-ground pace", theoretically. I've done this in the past, by running the workout once...and then used the recorded data (NGP for each segment) to construct a TP workout that matches.

If you want alarms for going too hard/easy...then you'd have to switch to a HR based workout. Or...get a running power meter like a Stryde, and program based on running power instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
hadukla wrote:

Ah thanks! Yes, I am planning a hill repeat workout and knowing this hill at 9% gradient and the Strava CR is at like 9:15 pace, I am planning to go for 11:00 or so pace. So when I put the ~1.5m interval, I am only asked to input % of threshold pace and obviously, that has no appreciation for hard this 11/mile will actually be (the CR is a pro runner). Because I use TSS as my #1 compliance priority, this will likely result in a yellow or orange for being too hard. I know I could go through the motions of calculating TSS manually given I know the gradient of this but since I have many hills to choose from around here, I was hoping for an easier way to have the planned TSS in these hill repeats.


Question: Do you use the structured workout pace to drive ALARMS on your watch? In other words, are you trying to have your watch tell you if you are running too fast/slow and beep at you in those cases?

Or...are you just trying to calculate the predicted TSS for the run assuming you run up/down at your target paces?

If you are just trying to calculate the predicted TSS (and are NOT going to use pace alarms)...then you can just work off of % flat-ground pace. TP will compute Normalized Graded pace after the fact in order to compute actual TSS...which is the same as "flat-ground pace", theoretically. I've done this in the past, by running the workout once...and then used the recorded data (NGP for each segment) to construct a TP workout that matches.

If you want alarms for going too hard/easy...then you'd have to switch to a HR based workout. Or...get a running power meter like a Stryde, and program based on running power instead.

It is definitely the latter I am aiming for and that's what I was afraid of but I guess if I can figure out the target pace a 5% hill and a 9% hill, that is good enough of an estimate for hills close enough to the two levels. This does give me more reason to give stryd a try. Thanks!

808 > NYC > PDX
2019: Honu, IMC, IMMD, IMAZ
Quote Reply

Prev Next