Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am starting a new training plan where I am mostly running in Zone 1 and Zone 2 heart rate. Is there a chart currently that I can use to track my pace at certain HR over the course of time? I would like to see visually that my Zone 1 and 2 runs are getting faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodney--In beta is there a way to reassign athletes to specific coaches? I like how I can see all my assistant coaches and as we plan for next season, a few will be moving coaches. I don't see anywhere under the athlete's settings to make this change. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [GrapeJuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrapeJuice wrote:
I am starting a new training plan where I am mostly running in Zone 1 and Zone 2 heart rate. Is there a chart currently that I can use to track my pace at certain HR over the course of time? I would like to see visually that my Zone 1 and 2 runs are getting faster.

No this hasn't ever existed. There are HR by Zone and Peak HR charts as well as various run pace/speed charts that you could sit side by side. There is an option coming for custom HR based charts but I am not sure what that means.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can I get the graphs and workout data to print cleanly in the new format. It comes out looking like crap. Are there settings somewhere I need to adjust? Here is what I get when I select "print".

Thanks,

Here is how it looks: (yes I know the zones all are F'ed up.)

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Last edited by: karma: Nov 7, 14 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To print you still need to use the Classic app. Log in to the new app, click on your name in the top right and click Switch To Classic

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:
Rodney--In beta is there a way to reassign athletes to specific coaches? I like how I can see all my assistant coaches and as we plan for next season, a few will be moving coaches. I don't see anywhere under the athlete's settings to make this change. Thanks.

Right now the only way to move athletes between coaches is to detach and then readd or for the new coach to send the attachment link and for the athlete to accept it. There is a new feature coming called client groups that will be adding improvements such as the ability for a head coach to drag and drop athletes between the assistant coaches. There is no ETA on that right now but hopefully it is not too far into the future.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that but won't any stored data on my laptop be wiped if it is having a factory reset?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a grid somewhere on the TP page that say what Beta Can and Cannot do at this point?

Its rather annoying I have to go back and forth.

Releasing a half-functioning version is worse than waiting longer for a fully functioning one while switching back and forth between them while development and de-bugging continues.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a way in the new training peaks to:

1) Access messages to / from my coach? I keep needing to go back to old style for the message function

2) Easily see on any given bike activity the various sensor data highlighted? On the old TP in any given activity in the chart section I could just hover the mouse over the power data (or cadence or HR etc.) and it would show just that which is much easier than the new system where I seem to have individually hide and then un-hide stuff.

3) See power balance (question whether the metric is useful but leaving that aside) without having it clutter up the activity details by inserting an unreadable R (or L can't remember) only power underneath the main power curve?

4) There will be lots more questions.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I remove the header image or change it?

My old coach supplied one and now, even after a year and a half of not being connected to that coach, the image is still there (top right).

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't seem to find a way to change my weight or even what my weight is recorded as. I have a Withings scale that is linked with TP.

Thanks

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [GrapeJuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrapeJuice wrote:

Check out the efficiency factor of the workout or interval of interest. It's only available on the map & graph screen. It's average pace / average HR.

So if you are getting faster on zone 2 runs, that number should increase.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [ds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ds wrote:
I can't seem to find a way to change my weight or even what my weight is recorded as. I have a Withings scale that is linked with TP.

Thanks

Dave

Add a metric to a day and you can enter weight there. I don't have a Withings but I believe that is what it is supposed to do.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
karma wrote:
Is there a grid somewhere on the TP page that say what Beta Can and Cannot do at this point?

Its rather annoying I have to go back and forth.

Releasing a half-functioning version is worse than waiting longer for a fully functioning one while switching back and forth between them while development and de-bugging continues.

http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...erview-Video-and-Q-A

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodney,

got my long rides in by switching back to classic.

Hugh
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [lachlan73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. All comments you enter are under Post Activity Comments. If your coach responds there rather than replying to the email it generates, it will be there too.

2. You can hover over any point in the activity graph and see the data at that point.

3. No

4. OK :)

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [bigjo_NZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigjo_NZ wrote:
Thanks for that but won't any stored data on my laptop be wiped if it is having a factory reset?

If your laptop is wiped that usually means all the data is lost. You can reinstall WKO and have it reactivated by contacting support. Then you can download your history from Strava and import into WKO or if you were syncing to TP you can resync.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Re 1 - Old TP allowed for messages from me to coach and vice versa outside any specific activity - so for eg a general discussion on how things were going are chatting re a specific event target. It seems now that TP only caters for activity / post activity comments?

On 2 - the usefulness of being avle to hover and see just that metric was that you could more clearly see the trend. so in your pic example while i can get specific details of a point in time values it's harder to see the details in the trend across just power for the activity as they are buried behind the other lines. Old TP let me hover the mouse over the power axis on the LHS and while I did this it would show just the power graph. This now seems to be gone?

re 4 - :)

Cheers
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to switch back to classic, when I click the link for classic a new window opens displaying the beta version. Is this a bug when using firefox? Also is there is a search function in the beta? I can't seem to find that option.

Thanks
Adrian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several questions:

1. How, if at all, does one create weekly goals and weekly comments in "new" mode? I can still do so in "classic" mode, but I'm stumped figuring out how to do so in "new" mode. If it's not currently a capability, can it be added? I rely on both of those.

2. When, if at all, will "new" mode allow one to add a note related to a metric? In "classic" mode, I can input a note next to weight, which I use to record my hydration. In "new" mode, there's no ability to add a note.

3. When/how will TP and Garmin work out a way for folks like me (and I am sure I'm not alone) to get my 910XT swim workouts and my Edge 500 bike workouts into both TP and Garmin Connect? Right now, I am able to, but I'm on borrowed time, relying on Garmin to continue supporting their old (non-modern) web site. Garmin wants me to uninstall ANT+ Agent and use Garmin Express to get my Garmin workouts into Connect, but if I do, I can't get my 910XT swim workouts into TrainingPeaks, because TP's Device Agent relies on my ANT+ Agent to read my 910XT workouts. Right now, I have to upload my Edge 500 workouts to Garmin Connect through their classic (not modern) web site. When Garmin stops offering the classic version of Garmin Connect, I'm screwed -- I will have to choose to either not get my swim workouts into TP or not get my bike workouts into Garmin Connect.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can setup Garmin Connect to automatically sync your files over to Training Peaks. https://home.trainingpeaks.com/garminconnect

Then when Garmin Express uploads your swim to GC, it will automatically be sent over to TP.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, if I have this right, first I upload everything to Garmin Connect, and then it automatically gets sent to TP via AutoSync, which I authorize once, and then works automatically after that. Sounds great, but... does the AutoSync function in TP.com rely on my having ANT+ Agent installed? Or will the AutoSync function work with Garmin Express installed and ANT+ Agent uninstalled?

The last time I tried to uninstall ANT+ Agent and install Garmin Express, I lost the ability to get my swim workouts into TP. Are you telling me that's fixed now?
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, once you make the authorization everything will be automatically sent from GC to TP (via Garmin Express) from that point forward. I don't have a 910 but I do have a 500 and a Forerunner 220 and all I do is plug in the two devices and within a minute, everything is sent to GC and from there, to 3 other sites.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [lachlan73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. This feature is being evaluated. You can vote on it here.

2. I understand what you meant now. Coming.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need at least version 33 of Firefox and then clear your cookies. Search is being improved and coming.

Rodney
Quote Reply

Prev Next