Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [rambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glyn: sorry to hear about your day...

It was great seeing you on Friday and meeting your dad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you're okay. And thanks for the info on the swim -- lots of arm chair quarterbacking around here:)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw Mrs. ATX come in...but must have missed Kurt...was out running. Wish they would update run times so I know who came in while I was out!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cray was racing too, right? I think she was right after Kurt.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Jetlink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, Jodi! Way to go!

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris McCambridge was 13:10, maybe that's who you saw? cray will be later (15, 16 hours)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

On a day of numerous Ironman races, as well as Challenge Roth, I should also add that it seems, when looking at the pro men's splits throughout the day, there was plenty of position changing, and a great, strategic/will-power/guts finish by Viktor Zymstev. There were plenty of great athletes in that field, too.

In a former life, Hellriegel was my training partner. Going head to head all day, I let him win at Kona in 1997.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK...not to get into the whole "drag your family across the finish line" debate...but if your loved one can't keep up in the chute, don't bring them at all. Looks sort of dorky when wife or mom crosses the line way after the athlete (and sometimes even after even another athlete).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tom never said that....???? you are wrong completly.....tom is focusing on hawaii...and CDA was not a full on taper...............

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read through the thread.

Yeah, the swim was terrible. I am a strong swimmer and I love waves and I even got panicky when I couldn't find my rhythm in the first leg. I was expecting a 1:05 swim and came out at 1:13 after swallowing half the lake. Margaret was out 6 minutes ahead of me and said the changing tent was completely a ghost town. Terrible conditions. But I've never been so happy to get OUT of open water!

When I saw the lake (looked like 20 mph winds in the morning), I was sure that there would be a LOT of early DNFs. I don't fault them for offering a Du. It's way better than having to worry about someone drowning. And those people that chose the option will know that they didn't complete an Ironman and won't have official times. So no harm in it. I actually had no idea that it was offered. I was hanging out in transition and then went to start the course far right so I didn't hear any announcements. Just glad I had my watch to know when it was going to start!

Times were slow because it is a bitch of a bike course (new this year) with a strong headwind coming back into town in the only real flat/ downhill and easy section. Combined with the slow and draining swim resulted in a slower field. Other than the wind though, you couldn't ask for nicer weather for the bike/run. Perfect temp. Beautiful day!

So sorry to hear about English Muffin! Margaret told me what happened when I saw her on the bike course. Hope you're feeling better!

Thanks for all the support guys! It helped me keep running knowing that people were going to be checking up on me!

:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job Jodi! Sounds like it was a tough day for everyone...and don't worry about not being able to sleep. Staying up all night just lets you celebrate that much longer!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm definitely still on cloud nine!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A big congratulations to RAMBO on her finish!!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Cathy! The old school gals of slowtwitch have been awesome! Saw QRgirl here, Trailbait made me an AWESOME visor, and all the thoughts and well wishes from the gals including you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Margaret!

How was the rest of your run? You were looking really good last time we passed. Great job!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somewhere around 13 hours some guy had his wife and 4 or so kids cross with him: One of his kids ran inbetween him and his wife, who kept looking over at him. She was visibly slowing herself from actually running so that he could cross the finish line first.

It was kind of funny to see her holding back to avoid beating her ironman husband through the chute.

-------------------------------------------------------
Alright, when I say your name, you say 'here.' And we will assume 'here' is short for 'here I am...rock you like a hurricane.
~Ignignokt
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it doesn't look that bad.

Unless you were actually there.

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply

Prev Next