Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [horsehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not offended :-) It´s not easy to know who everyone is and i to think the broadcast sucks big time btw.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Tough TTs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look like it :-P

Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Tough TTs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I can't believe that there wasn't a bit of coverage for the women's race. Not a bit. I looked through the updates and could not find a thing. Bummer. The only mention was when they started crossing the finish line.

Any reason they ignored them?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Colleen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's because the money was for the men's pro field only. The women will have their turn at another race (LP??).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Tom ran a 2:56:08 to Victor's 2:47:04. "

Damn. Those are great run times.

Dev predicted that Dr. T would need to run a 2:56, and he did. Too bad that STILL wasn't enough to hold off the charge. What can you do? You swim, bike, and run your brains out, go stride for stride in Ironwar 2007, and come up just short. So it goes.

Great race.

mm
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [vtrader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was hard to tell from the video coverage, was that Lance putting the medal on Victor? It got blurry there, but it looked like him.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, thanks Amy. I thought that the purse might be the reason, but I remember the last women's purse race had
coverage of the men's race too.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Colleen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No women's pros, hence the lack of coverage. The scenario flips at IMLP. You won't see any updates on the men.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My master swim team friend just finished..

SOARES, ROBIN 270/415/259 33 01:08:53 06:05:32 03:46:57 11:08:13

Wow, she is a killer runner in my book.

Her dream was to get to Kona. Wonder if this will be fast enough at 33 years old.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [mullinsm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to team INFINIT athletes Tom Evans and Victor.

Tom was happy after the race, he has been working more and has trained less for this season than the past. His wife was somewhat amazed by his performance.

Victor, was pumped. He is on his way back to home and did not think he was going to do all that well. It was a bit unexpected for him to perform like he did. He said going in that he has not had a great lead up to the race.

Pics and vids to follow as soon as I can upload them.

A tough day, but it ended up absolutly beautiful. Nice clear skys as I type and cool temps. IMNA did a stellar job. Flawless.

BTW, I have vids and pics of the du-ironman start. I will post also. Too funny.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Jetlink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
time for a Jodi update...anyone?

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael,

How's they handle the start of the du? Was it a true du (run-bike-run) or just bike-run?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Michael,

How's they handle the start of the du? Was it a true du (run-bike-run) or just bike-run?

It was a du, kinda. They ran around for a mile or two and then everyone waited around till the last swimmer went out of transition. Then they started all together as a group of 57. I do NOT fault Grahm for doing it. Smart really. The waved sucked and some people freaked out. Not worth having to troll the lake for a body. Clearly by looking at some of the people there, it had to be a perfect day if they were going to make the cut offs. Having said that, I would NEVER had been one of the people that chose that option and I suck at swimming. Suprisingly many of them looked to be very fit. There was a military guy (Air Force) there in full team military top and bottom uniform waiting with the rest of the people that bailed. You think he is going to get razzed by the boys on the base????? LOL

I hope they all finished. 112 and 26.2 is tough enough.

infinIT Nutrition

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is english muffin not rambo

For those interested here is the ACTUAL conditions from race site, not from someone watching online.

I started with the main group out by jodi and marg and a few others. the swim was very rough. It was by far the worst conditions either open water or lake I have ever swam in , about 1-2 ft chop and lots of people. Anyone who doubts that the swim was not tah bad is full of shit, it was bad, hard and not at all plesent.

I usualy swim in about 1:05 and did a 1:17 today when my swim times are down, it was shithouse.

I also managed to slide out on a corner after the guy infront of me about a mile out of bike transition went wide on a corner and took my front wheel out. Crashed and ripped the speedplay cleat clean off my shoes. Bad karma from mike riley and the end to my CDA.

But again , the swim was awfull.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [rambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The issue was not really the size of the waves, but more the washing machine effect. There was no pattern and it would be very hard to breathe without swallowing a bunch of water. Very difficult conditions for a person with a fear of open water or a novice swimmer.

Good job for toughing it out and making it.

EDIT: To back up Muffin, one of the 57 du people was a male podium finisher in Kona that quit the swim. Nuff said.

infinIT Nutrition

Last edited by: infinIT 1: Jun 24, 07 19:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were the conditions worse than IMFL last year? I thought it was pretty choppy and I thought there were 1-2 foot swells as well.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
time for a Jodi update...anyone?

Just saw Jodi finish.....I mean I heard Jodi's name but only sort of saw her finish as she dodged the lady in front of her. You see, the lady in front of her tripped as she crossed the finish line just behind her (what appeared) four children...I guess they thought they should beat mom across the line and then she faceplanted trying to hold on to them......I guess. So ANYHOW...........

I saw Jodi only briefly but she was smiling and sure looked to be finishing strong.......

Dave

P.S......Jodi was a bit north of 12:36......what a great finishtime......way to go Jodi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your day. Hope you're ok

"Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos."
Don Kardong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glynn--hope you are OK! and the bike too.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HOORAY FOR JODI!!!

"Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos."
Don Kardong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - saw that too. 12:37 I think!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [mullinsm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Dev predicted that Dr. T would need to run a 2:56, and he did. Too bad that STILL wasn't enough to hold off the charge

No - Dev was exactly right! If Dr. T had run 2:56:00, he would have won - those 8 seconds made the difference!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like RobInOn nailed the G'ade hat contest. he picked the winner and nailed Jodi's time...
Last edited by: austin79: Jun 24, 07 19:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Cathy! I am good, I landed on something soft, my head! well my head and my hip, at least when I was sliding down the road my bike was on top of me so only the bars got worked!!! Once I saw that the cleats were gone the day turned from race to support marg! she and jodi are ripping out there are as a lot of the local santa barbara people! I spent the afternoon taking vaicodin and beer, a fine combo! now off to the finish line to chear marg and then after that the midnight finishers! got to get the mojo back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea! ATX TRIHEAD! 12:52... I think his knee is bothering him. He limped across the line. :(

Kurt, too bad you missed finishing to "I'm Too Sexy" by about 9 minutes... I'm requesting that for my next IM finish.

But, I see you beat Mrs ATX by 11 minutes... maybe that makes up for the knee pain! Congrats to you both!
Last edited by: austin79: Jun 24, 07 20:11
Quote Reply

Prev Next