Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [CamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure she's great to her friends, not to other photographers
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Rahzel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good race considering he flatted. Probably not what he was hoping for though.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's pissed because Riley did not pronounced his name correctly
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnny put up a solid marathon 3:00.28. A lot of really solid runners in the field. Too bad we didn't get to see more of the run
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good race considering he flatted. Probably not what he was hoping for though.
-----------------------
Yea I agree but 6th is great...Great job Jonathan!!

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Apr 13, 08 15:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Riley the clown on the mike? I thought it was Ziebart (apologies, Tom). Whoever he is, he needs to go work for WWE and not NAS. We need someone who doesn't yell into the mike, making it impossible for the sound guys to get the levels set properly. Right now we have interviews where we can't hear the interviewee, and the interviewer is yelling.

And about that "Everyone's a winner" mentality... Ah - I'll leave that for now. I've had enough of this BS. Time to ride.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what's going on with the women's race? I've completely given up in the IMlive coverage, so this is my only source of info!
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Failing a catastrophic meltdown, Csomor has it in the bag...

===============
* MICHELLIE JONES (#45) now trails Csomor by 9:41 with about three miles to go.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, turns out Jonny was run off the road by a support motorcycle and flatted in the gravel.

Yeah, I think I'd be pissed too.

What an amazing comeback to finish in the money. Congrats Jonathan!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so excited for Jordan- what a great race. Congrats Rappstar!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a finish in the men's race!

And 3 Ironman wins for Team TBB in the same day...wow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, turns out Jonny was run off the road by a support motorcycle and flatted in the gravel.

That really sucks. The mental aspect of coming back from that is as impressive as the physical. Goooo jonnyooooooo!

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

This is complete and utter BS - shit like this should NEVER happen!

Way to bounce back from one of the most frustrating things that should never happen mid-race, jon. Good onya.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st IM - 5th
2nd IM - 3rd

That's HUGE.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

This is complete and utter BS - shit like this should NEVER happen!

Shouldn't, but ask Natascha Badmann about this in Kona last year ...
Way to bounce back from one of the most frustrating things that should never happen mid-race, jon. Good onya.

Re: Official IMAZ Thread [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Shouldn't, but ask Natascha Badmann about this in Kona last year ...

True enough... true enough...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I just got done with work today... what a race....CONGRATS TO T.J.... I love it when Iowa athletes do well!!! and Congrats to all the other slowtwitchers...
Mitch
ps... support vechicals should be there to help, the flat on the bike shouldn't have happened, I can't imagine being in the shoes of an athlete whose performance was effected by one. That is a major shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanlive seems to have been programmed by monkeys coked up on high grade banana powder. I've been trying to track my friend, and he appears to be going backwards. He was through the 3.5 mile checkpoint over an hour and a half ago, but now when I search his bib it only shows the bike time, and then sometimes it only shows the swim time ... that is when I can actually get through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on the women's pro race?
Awesome about Rappstar and Jonhyo(sp) but I want to find out how Tara's doing. She's a total training stud and a super nice person too so it's great to see her having such a good race.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice time for Cuddeback..........
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Erika by a mile (or two) then Jones, then Gollnick. Fourth some Ukraine gal ran down Linsey Corbin, who ran down Tara Norton, I think. So that would be Ukraine woman #4. then Corbin #5 then Norton #6 (all within a couple minutes). Pretty big deal for Corbin: first time under 10, and by a lot in very hot weather.
Last edited by: TBinMT: Apr 13, 08 16:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the same way that athletes can be penalized time if they break the rules or interfere with another person's race, I truly believe that an athlete who is interfered with by a race official or volunteer should have time credited back to them. Yes, we're all humans blah blah blah, but it's starting to get really annoying to see pros interfered with by blind moto drivers.

If motos can cover 21 days of a Grand Tour with video coverage of the moles on an athlete's face without killing everyone, surely they can manage for 5 hours in an Ironman, right?

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I did a quick scan of the ST bib #'s from the roll-call thread. What stands out to me are some very slow swim times, and some average bike splits...a few folks who I expected to be faster (based on their ST dick-swinging) going 1:10+ in the water & 5:30+ on the bike.

What were the swim conditions like? Is it typically a slow swim? What's the weather like out on the bike course? Is the wind really that bad? Or is everyone that paranoid about the heat to be holding back this much...??? (I couldn't get IMLive video running so I have no idea on conditions out there...sorry for the dumb Qs)

That said, from my quick once-over it would appear Darrell & konaexpress are putting together solid races (I didn't look up the pros or near-pros like sedi). And IRONLOBO, you need to H(urry)TFU dude if you wanna go under 11...just keep 'em turning over, one step at a time...we're pulling for ya!

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women:

1 9:14:49 53 CSOMOR, ERIKA SZAZHALOMB HUN 59:08 2:51 5:02:30 2:23 3:07:59
2 9:25:52 11:04 45 JONES, MICHELLIE CARLSBAD CA USA 51:37 2:33 5:10:49 1:25 3:19:30
3 9:32:07 17:18 41 GOLLNICK, HEATHER BRADENTON FL USA 52:05 2:59 5:16:26 1:56 3:18:43
4 9:34:18 19:30 55 KOZULINA, TAMARA LVOV UKR 59:03 2:41 5:20:54 1:46 3:09:57
5 9:34:38 19:50 49 CORBIN, LINSEY MISSOULA MT USA 59:07 3:10 5:11:00 3:04 3:18:19
6 9:35:45 20:57 47 NORTON, TARA TORONTO ON CAN 56:32 3:25 5:05:26 1:43 3:28:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
------------------------------------------------------
WOW THAT SUCKS!! Yes he has every right to be pissed. Now his finish is even more impressive.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply

Prev Next