Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great job jordan!

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Umbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how long till jordan posts...haha.

3:02!

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great finish...way to go TJ and Jordan...It's too bad we couldn't see the back and forth the last couple of miles..

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Great finish...way to go TJ and Jordan...It's too bad we couldn't see the back and forth the last couple of miles..
Is this official that TJ got second?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you'll have to wait until October when it's shown on TV, but then again, a "special interest story" will probably bump it out of the broadcast
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [newbz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, but the "Race Coverage" hasn't been updated for a good 15min. I wonder if jonny can pull off 5th? At this point he should be FLYING.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
holy crap the IM Live coverage is terrible. i watched a bit of the ITU race last night and it was great - it was like watching a euro bike race with moto cameras, up to date timing, enough bandwidth to handle it...

now IM live is still showing TJ ahead, the video coverage cuts in and out and they still haven't announced who won.

they need to either fix this or not do it, because even though the coverage is free for us on the internet if it doesn't work it has no value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's really no reason why they couldn't continue motorcycle coverage right up until the final 200m or so...

Everything about this broadcast is pure amateur night...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job Jordan, way to tough it out!!!

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So it looks like the first 3 came in within about 40 seconds or so, and 4th 1:14 back of the winner..That's a hell of a race, one guy smokin the swim(Bonney) one the bike(Jordan), and the other the run(Major). Tj doesn't get a fastest split award, but he gets the all rounder. Pretty tough to go through all that and have to sprint the last 1/2 mile with the guy doing the fastest run of the day, 2:50 I heard....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ was 2nd by ~20 seconds thats from the race (his agent)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm waiting for a "fade to black" finish a la The Sopranos...

Sweet mother of crap, I got it. Who the hell came in 5th? I heard "we've got another winner coming in..." but the screen was black.

I'll ignore the "another winner" bit for now...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they need to either fix this or not do it, because even though the coverage is free for us on the internet if it doesn't work it has no value.
last time i checked ITU coverage was free... and it's a million times better than this. Something to me says that there is a certain arrogance at NAS WTC that says...hell we're doing fine... why try and make it better? Just thumbing their noses at us. BLEH!!!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Enginefour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can't get IM Live up either
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send your complaints to: website@ironmanlive.com

Maybe they can get this mess sorted out by October.

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was #28
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
that f###ing Elizabeth is a pain in the butt, everyone of the photographers in Kona hates her

wow Ben what an a$$hole thing to say!! you have no idea what you're talking about. she's a friend of mine, and is one of the nicest people in the world.

___

oh yeah, back to the point of this thread - what an awesome race!!! now THAT is an Ironman!!!
Last edited by: CamR: Apr 13, 08 15:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fully agreed. Even VeloNews' live web coverage is better than this stuff. On VeloNews, they may be slightly behind or miss a time check or two, but they keep you updated on the race nicely. None of this "Some guy won, we think." stuff three hours after they finish...

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's really no reason why they couldn't continue motorcycle coverage right up until the final 200m or so...

They probably pulled the motos to go film a fat person who won't make the bike leg cutoff. You know, the important stuff...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just watched jonnyo cross the line
he didn't look happy

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo running into the champagne parade...??
Last edited by: niklas: Apr 13, 08 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMAZ Thread [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo 6th place!! Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like he got 6th. I think. I still don't know who got 5th when the screen went dark. Jonny looks kinda pissed.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Goehler (#28) got 5th.
Quote Reply

Prev Next