Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [kilahimm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

I'm looking at the Speedmax CF 7.0 and was interested in some assistance on confirming fit. From what I'm putting together it seems like a small with 70mm risers and a longer stem would be about right. I think a medium might also work for me using 45mm risers, but I'm concerned about the standover height of 846mm I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Standover height: 800mm
Stack (Y): 580mm
Reach (X): 430mm

kilahimm,
I'm on a personal mission to reduce confusion on these fit terms.... Stack & Reach is a place on frame and it's atop the center of the head tube. Pad Y and Pad X (and, if we must...Pad Stack and Pad Reach) refer to a place where our body touches the bike. Judging from these numbers I'm confident that 580 is Pad Y and.......I'm betting that that Pad X of 430 is to the rear of the pad and since Canyon measures to the center of the pad I'm gonna use 480.

If it's the Canyon Speedmax CF 7.0 then yes, the Medium could work but the lowest Pad Y on that bike is 585 and that plus standover concerns makes me think we should focus on the small.

To nail 585 on the small you'd only need ~20mm of spacer and that's super nice because when that spacer is under the stem the top of the stem falls flush in line with the top of the bento box and it looks really sexy. You wouldn't need any arm pad pedestal at all which I also like because it allows your aerobars and your base bar to be closer in proximity making it easier to move between the two positions. The small comes stock with an 80mm stem and the max Pad X on that is 472. To get out to 480 (if I'm right about your 430 being to back of pad) then you'd need to put on a 90mm stem. The steerer (1 1/4) and the base bar (31.8) are both standard sizes so you could use any 90mm -17 stem but I'd suggest ordering a 90 from Canyon just 'cause it looks cleaner.

If I'm mistaken or if you have more questions, get back to me.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
I'm planning to buy a Speedmax CF SL, which would be my first dedicated tri bike. Unfortunately, all fitters in my area require to bring your own bike, so it's not an option for me to get a fit beforehand. My measurements are: Inseam: 88cm, Torso: 66cm, Total height: 190cm. On my road bike I have a seat height of 79cm. I'm sort of torn between getting size L or XL. What are your thoughts?
Best,
Matthias
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [cyrix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyrix wrote:
Hi Ian,
I'm planning to buy a Speedmax CF SL, which would be my first dedicated tri bike. Unfortunately, all fitters in my area require to bring your own bike, so it's not an option for me to get a fit beforehand. My measurements are: Inseam: 88cm, Torso: 66cm, Total height: 190cm. On my road bike I have a seat height of 79cm. I'm sort of torn between getting size L or XL. What are your thoughts?
Best,
Matthias

if you don't want to get a bike fit, that's okay. but i doubt that you've found your right fit option. i believe i know your area, but can you just tell us what area that is?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [cyrix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian,

Matthias,
I think your Pad Y is roughly 665mm and your Pad X is around 515. For the Canyon Speedmax CF.... The Large won't be long enough for you, it has to be the XL. The stem that comes stock on that bike (90mm) will be perfect, you'll only need 30mm of spacer under stem, and you'll pull the pads back not all the way but close to all the way.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
cyrix wrote:
Hi Ian,
Best,
Matthias

if you don't want to get a bike fit, that's okay. but i doubt that you've found your right fit option. i believe i know your area, but can you just tell us what area that is?

First of all, thanks Ian for the very quick reply!

@slowman: You're probably right about the fit. Up until now, I've just slapped some aero bars on my road bike. I live in Munich, Germany. If you have any suggestions for a good fitter here, I'd be happy to get a proper fit before actually investing in a bike.

Best Regards,
Matthias
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyrix wrote:
Slowman wrote:
cyrix wrote:
Hi Ian,
Best,
Matthias

First of all, thanks Ian for the very quick reply!

@slowman: You're probably right about the fit. Up until now, I've just slapped some aero bars on my road bike. I live in Munich, Germany. If you have any suggestions for a good fitter here, I'd be happy to get a proper fit before actually investing in a bike.

Best Regards,
Matthias

well, okay. munich is tough. caught me up on that one. if you were in germany i'd prefer you were in the industrial area, because then there'd be not question who i'd send you to. but i can't imagine asking someone to travel from munich. so we'll deal with that you sent. i'll answer later on the specifics.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ion,

Thanks for this great thread.
I already bought my first Tri-bike a Speedmax CF 7.0 in L after test riding and discussion with Canyon. I was exactly between M and L. The reason for the L version was that my knee was very near to the elbow on the M size bike. Teh position was fine for me. Now after several days of testing and searching the right position on the new bike, I got the feeling that the bike is too large for me. I am planning a bike fitting, but would prefer to take my new bike with me to find the perfect position.
Probably you can give me a hint, if M or L is the better choice for me. Here are my measurements I received at Canyon.
If it helps, as roadbike I have a Ultimate AL in size M and it fits perfect.

Height: 182,5 cm
Inseam: 88,5 cm
Torso: 64 cm
Shoulder width: 45 cm
Arm Length: 61 cm
Saddle height: 78,5 cm

Thanks for your help, I really apreciate!!
Alex
Last edited by: Tramp: Nov 19, 19 0:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Tramp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks for this great thread.
I already bought my first Tri-bike a Speedmax CF 7.0 in L after test riding and discussion with Canyon. I was exactly between M and L. The reason for the L version was that my knee was very near to the elbow on the M size bike. Teh position was fine for me. Now after several days of testing and searching the right position on the new bike, I got the feeling that the bike is too large for me. I am planning a bike fitting, but would prefer to take my new bike with me to find the perfect position.
Probably you can give me a hint, if M or L is the better choice for me. Here are my measurements I received at Canyon.
If it helps, as roadbike I have a Ultimate AL in size M and it fits perfect.

Height: 182,5 cm
Inseam: 88,5 cm
Torso: 64 cm
Shoulder width: 45 cm
Arm Length: 61 cm
Saddle height: 78,5 cm

Alex,
I want to start by saying this. It's a public service announcement in hopes others will read it for the future: get fit FIRST by a fitter who is educated, experience, and has a dynamic fit bike. No matter what you'll be fine because you've got the right size bike.

You've got pretty long legs for your height and that's what makes this challenging. Your Pad Y (which I'm thinking is ~643mm) works better on the large than the medium (the medium will do it but I think the large is better). Your Pad X is probably right around 490mm and the large will get there but you have to pull the pads back all the way.

Now, a couple of things: 1) the aero extension are crazy long when this bike arrives out of the box. Those have to be cut for every body I've ever encountered. 2) I'm willing to bet the cranks on your bike are 175mm long and I just can't abide to that. I think you should pull 'em and probably put on 165s but that you can discuss with your fitter.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ion,
Thanks a lot for your response and estimation. I appreciate so much!
After I read through this thread and raised my question, I contacted a bike-fitter this morning and made an appointment. We had a short call and, trust me or not, he told me exactly the same you wrote to me here.
You are doing such a great job.
Thanks again for your help!!

Cheers, Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Tramp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You are doing such a great job.
Thanks again for your help!!

Alex,
Very kind of you mate - thank you!

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Thanks for taking a moment to reorient me on the terms! Let me take another shot at this. Here is the complete set of measurements I have from my pre-fit. These were taken on a size-cycle with profile design areobars (not sure which model):

Height: 1780mm
Frame stack: 580mm
Frame reach: 430mm
Top of saddle to center of pedal spindle: 915mm
STA: 79 degrees
Top tube: 550mm c to c level
Seat tube: 580mm
Stem: 90mm @ -17 w 10cm rise along the head tube.

Not knowing exact pad measurements, do you still think the small makes the most sense for CF 7.0?
Last edited by: kilahimm: Nov 19, 19 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [kilahimm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

Here is the complete set of measurements I have from my pre-fit. These were taken on a size-cycle with profile design areobars (not sure which model):
Height: 1780mm
Frame stack: 580mm
Frame reach: 430mm
Top of saddle to center of pedal spindle: 915mm
STA: 79 degrees
Top tube: 550mm c to c level
Seat tube: 580mm
Stem: 90mm @ -17 w 10cm rise along the head tube.
Not knowing exact pad measurements, do you still think the small makes the most sense for CF 7.0?

Kilahimm,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write back to me. I'm so glad we took a moment to clear up the terms. Based on some of the numbers you've offered up here I'm worried that the small will be a hair too short in the cockpit: longest it goes is 472 and I think your Pad X is more like 490ish. Your Pad Y is probably 640 give or take a bit and that will work on both the Small and the Medium (but small maxes out 649). I think the Medium is a better bet as it'll give you room to adjust and find the best spot.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be willing to travel a bit, but the industrial area is indeed a bit too far. But I'd be glad about any other suggestions that you have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I posted it in the SLX owners thread and was directed to this thread and hoping this thread can help me out.

Can anybody point me to the range specs for the current SLX arm pads? They don't list it on the Canyon website. My reach fit numbers work (fore and aft range) but I'm not sure about my lateral pad width numbers. Looking for the min and max lateral adjustment and if those numbers can be increased with optional parts if you need to go wider. Thanks so much!

**FYI...I did call Canyon and all the rep could tell me was that they have a range of adjustment but didn't know the actual numbers.**

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Love to get your expert opinion as to fit....I'm looking at the new CF SLX

Y - 680
x - 520 (BB to center of pad)

Also wondering if you could share any information on "pad width"....I ran into some issues on my P5 as to not being able to go wide enough and just can't find any info a pad width range anywhere...thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Quote:

Just did follow up assessment with Ian Buchanan at Fitwerx and he did in fact tweak things a bit. He made me a bit lower and bit longer. New numbers:
Pad Y: 64 cm
Pad X: 52.5 cm This is to center of pad.
Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Scott,

Good on ya for staying diligent with your fit coordinates.

For the 2018 Speedmax SLX you can go one of two ways....

2) Large with flat bar, short stem a single 20mm spacer + three 3mm spacers and pads dead center.
There's no wrong choice here, I can't even make an argument for a better choice - you have the wonderful freedom of choose based on availability.

Ian

This info is pretty close. I'mm 5'11" and my fit is a 680 mm stack and 540 mm reach (pad center). My saddle height is 755 mm with zero saddle setback on a 160 crank. However I will be on a 170 crank for a while as that's what the bike comes with.

Can I make a large 2018 Speedmax 9.0 CF SLX fit? Have a ridiculous deal on it if I can make it work. Can see all the fit numbers on the attached.

Dar
Last edited by: seishidar: Dec 4, 19 20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [boykester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

First post here, hopefully of many to come. Pulled the trigger on a Speedmax SLX in size medium, now awaiting customer service to contact me about the final configuration. I could like some advice on stem length and expected spacer usage. Also planning to take the tilt kit as I've added a bit of tilt to my current bike setup (2016 Cannondale Slice hi-mod – great machine but totaled in a crash..)
Some measurements based on my I’m 179cm:
Saddle Height: 763 mm
Arm Pad Reach: 458 mm
Arm Pad Drop: -99 mm
Arm Pad Stack BB: 653 mm

boykester,
I distinctly remember responding to you but now can't see my post. I'm sorry for the mix up and I'm back because I'm eager to hear if my remote prescription matches what you've got set up.
if you're Pad Reach is 458 - no problem, the Medium Speedmax SLX will require the short stem (comes stock) and a TSP (Team Switch Plate which is an aftermarket item that will need to be purchased) to get you pads back to where you need 'em. But hold on a sec... if that 458 is measured to the rear of the pad then your Pad X to center of pad is more like 508 and then it's the short stem, no TSP, and pad mounted dead center. The Pad Stack is my larger concern. The size medium maxes out at 650mm and that's with 55mm of arm pad pedestal and the aftermarket time called the "high stack flat spring". 3mm can be the difference between an old pad with condensed foam and a fresh pad so I'm not too worried about that but it's still my preference to have some wiggle room.

Let me know what happened with your set up.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
Looking to order a SLX 8.0 once they're back in stock. It appears I'm right on the line size wise at approx. 73.5 inches tall. Problem is, I don't know pad x y or anything like that (which is sad for someone that's been competing for 20 years).
What do I need to do to determine the appropriate size to order?

Vols,
The best way to prescribe the perfect Speedmax SLX for you is to send you to a fitter who is (and they've got to have all three of these): 1) educated for tri fits, 2) experienced with tri fits, and 3) has a dynamic fit bike. Let me know where you live (city/town) and perhaps I the perfect fitter near you.

The second best way to do this is.... if you have a tri bike now and you are happy with the fit I can tell you how to measure the Pad Y and Pad X of your current bike and we can use those numbers to prescribe the new SLX.

I'The third best way is to use some bio markers. I've got your height, it's an easy one for me as you and I are the same. I'd like to know a couple more things...1) what is your inseam. 2) if you've got a road bike or tri bike with a seat height that you believe in.... I want to know that too (center of bottom bracket to top of the saddle at the middle).

Lemme know and I'll get back to you right away.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Peter733] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

Hope you can help me. I want to go for the Speedmax CF 7.0 or 8.0. According to Canyon size M would fit but I am thinking to get size S. Or maybe a shorter stem length is needed for size M?
Here is my data:
Height: 180cm
Inseam 868
Pad X: 485
Pad Y: 629
Saddle height: 762
Crank length: 165

Thank you!

Peter733,
I'm doing a complete reconciliation of this thread because I see some of my responses either got dropped or I dropped the ball. I fear it's the latter in your case and I'm terribly sorry.

You're absolutely a Medium in the Canyon Speedmax CF - either the 7.0 or 8.0. The 80mm stem that comes stock on that bike will be perfect for you. To nail the Pad Y of 629 you'll use the 35mm of spacer that goes under the stem and that's nice because it positions the top of the stem level with the top of the bento box and that makes a nice look. Then you can add ~10mm of aero bar pedestal to raise the Profile Design Sub Sonic aerobars up to where you need them. For the Pad X of 485 you're pretty much in the middle of the pad range so place the screws in the center holes of the arm cups and just decide between the forward or rearward holes on the bracket.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [fezzer69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian

Hope you can help me. I'm looking to get a Canyon Speedmax CF but seem to be between a size S and M. I've had a retul fit on my previous bike and have the following info;
Saddle height 760
Arm pad stack (Y) 684
Arm pad reach (tip of saddle horizons to back of arm pad) 466
Arm pad drop 62
Arm pad reach (x) 444

I'm 175cm tall and and inseam of 83cm. According to Canyon site this puts me on a Small but the max saddle height of the small is less than the saddle height from my retul fit.

I'm guessing a medium but would appreciate your advice.

Richard,
Sorry for delay. I've got to tell you I'm super confused by your numbers. If you wrote to me and said hey, I only know my height and inseam I'd say, okay morphology is slightly leggy for a guy your height and I'd come up with a Pad Y of ~620 and a Pad X of ~470

With a seat height of 760 you're a medium to satisfy that (you can't ride a small due to seat height, that's clear)
If you're Pad Y is 620 then it's a medium again (if your Pad Y is really 684 then you have to get a large, md maxes at 670)
If you're Pad X is 470 then you're a medium (but we've got too many Pad Xs in this story: 444, 466, 470 - yikes!)

If you're willing to scan your fit report and post it here I'd sure love to see it because I'm confused on a couple of points.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [zoomydu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I need to preface the following question by saying "yes, I am planning on a thorough fitting between now and Christmas (my MIL is friends with an amazing fitter in our area, so I've already put a fitting with her on my Xmas list)."

I'm eyeballing a few models in advance to have an idea which bikes might work for me, in the event that my fitter asks which models interest me. The Canyon CF 8.0 (I'm female and would be happy with either the men's or women's models, as they appear to not be any different. My road bike is a 2011 men's Cannondale SuperSix in 48cm. I have a super low rent KHS tri bike in XS that I picked-up for cost, but it's never really been fit properly to me and I mostly just ride it in the basement while zwifting) is high on my list (along with Liv, Fuji, and Kestrel). What I do know from road bike fitting is that my inseam is 30" at 5'3". My arms are probably a bit on the short side. Flexibility is average. Canyon's basic fit recommendation puts me on an XS for the Speedmax, but XXS for their road bikes. I've seen enough commentary here suggesting that the Speedmax runs large, so I wonder if there's much likelihood that the Speedmax would work for me. I've been doing sprint-to-olympic distance dus (with a Powerman on my bucketlist) for nearly a decade and am generally the 2nd fastest in my AG (and sometimes overall) on the bike...only behind a woman who has a legit TT/tri bike. I'd really like a shot to not keep losing to her as soon as we hit the bike leg, every damned time! :p

Thanks in advance for any input.

zoomydu,
The holiday is pretty much upon us.... have you had the fit done yet??? I'm eager to hear your numbers. I can't say the Speedmax runs big, I'd say it runs slightly long. Here's your challenge: at 5'3" tall you've got long legs at 30". This typically means that you're going to have a slightly shorter Pad X and a slightly taller Pad Y. I'm gonna guess that it'll be an XS just to satisfy the short Pad X that I'm predicting.

What I'd like to do if you're willing is this. Measure the seat height on the SuperSix and the KHS and let me work some numbers here to try and guess your Pad Y and Pad X. Then, after your fit let's circle back and see how close I was.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Shyland83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

I am currently riding a 2010 felt B14 in 54cm. It is definitely too small for me but the price was right and it got me started in the sport. I also never had a professional fitting because i didn't want to dump too much money into a bike i knew I wasn't going to have long term. I measured my pad x and pad y but they are far from what they should be for my size I'm sure. I am looking at the speedmax 7.0 and the 8.0. Thanks.

Height 5'11.5"
Inseam 33"
Pad x 430mm
Pad Y 670mm

Shyland83,
Sorry for the delay. Based on your morphology I think your Pad Y should be more like 650 (maybe even 645) and your Pad X should be ~480 (to the center of pad, the 430 you quote might be to the rear would would be ~480 to center so we might be in agreement on that) but for any of that to happen you have to ride steeper and for THAT to happen you must be on a saddle that allows you to ride forward. So, to that end... for the Speedmax CF (either 8.0 or 7.0) you'd be a Medium, the 80mm stem that comes on it would be perfect. You're in the middle of the range on both Y and X so there's room to tweak and find perfection.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
I need to preface the following question by saying "yes, I am planning on a thorough fitting between now and Christmas (my MIL is friends with an amazing fitter in our area, so I've already put a fitting with her on my Xmas list)."

I'm eyeballing a few models in advance to have an idea which bikes might work for me, in the event that my fitter asks which models interest me. The Canyon CF 8.0 (I'm female and would be happy with either the men's or women's models, as they appear to not be any different. My road bike is a 2011 men's Cannondale SuperSix in 48cm. I have a super low rent KHS tri bike in XS that I picked-up for cost, but it's never really been fit properly to me and I mostly just ride it in the basement while zwifting) is high on my list (along with Liv, Fuji, and Kestrel). What I do know from road bike fitting is that my inseam is 30" at 5'3". My arms are probably a bit on the short side. Flexibility is average. Canyon's basic fit recommendation puts me on an XS for the Speedmax, but XXS for their road bikes. I've seen enough commentary here suggesting that the Speedmax runs large, so I wonder if there's much likelihood that the Speedmax would work for me. I've been doing sprint-to-olympic distance dus (with a Powerman on my bucketlist) for nearly a decade and am generally the 2nd fastest in my AG (and sometimes overall) on the bike...only behind a woman who has a legit TT/tri bike. I'd really like a shot to not keep losing to her as soon as we hit the bike leg, every damned time! :p

Thanks in advance for any input.

zoomydu,
The holiday is pretty much upon us.... have you had the fit done yet??? I'm eager to hear your numbers. I can't say the Speedmax runs big, I'd say it runs slightly long. Here's your challenge: at 5'3" tall you've got long legs at 30". This typically means that you're going to have a slightly shorter Pad X and a slightly taller Pad Y. I'm gonna guess that it'll be an XS just to satisfy the short Pad X that I'm predicting.

What I'd like to do if you're willing is this. Measure the seat height on the SuperSix and the KHS and let me work some numbers here to try and guess your Pad Y and Pad X. Then, after your fit let's circle back and see how close I was.

Ian

Thanks, Ian. My fitting is this coming Monday -- woot!

I'm chuckling at the 30" inseam being long, thing. I guess maybe relative, but I struggle to find pants to fit. Petite/short are often too short, regular are generally too long. I live with a couple of guys with 34" inseams (6'2" DH and 5'10" DS). I think my 5'8" MIL has a 34" inseam, too. I'm the tallest woman on my dad's side of the family, but now live in an area full of Dutch Americans...so I'm totally stubby, here.

OK, saddle height on the SuperSix is a bit over 32" -- tricky, since my SMP saddle is so hammocked. Saddle on the KHS tri bike is 31.5. I think I'm measuring right...from pedal spindle straight along the seatpost line...?

This might be helpful, too -- I found the little card Seven included with my Mudhoney. I notice the saddle height on that is really low...so now I'm totally confused. I have the same saddle on the Seven that I have on the SuperSix...height is the same, as well.

MTA: ahhh...now I see how they're measuring saddle height. I can go back down and measure from BB to saddle top.
MTA 2.0: OK, all 3 bikes are ~26" from BB to saddle.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Last edited by: zoomydu: Dec 12, 19 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [zoomydu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zoomydu,

I should have been more clear on seat height measuring, I'm sorry. I nailed it though!
I think your Pad Y is gonna be somewhere around 563mm and your Pad X (to center of pad) around 435mm. And I have lots to say about all this BUT let's wait 'til after your fitting is completed and let's see if your fitter and I get in the same ballpark.

Talk here soon, Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [alohawolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,
Love to get your expert opinion as to fit....I'm looking at the new CF SLX
Y - 680
x - 520 (BB to center of pad)
Also wondering if you could share any information on "pad width"....I ran into some issues on my P5 as to not being able to go wide enough and just can't find any info a pad width range anywhere...thank you!

alohawolf,
A Pad Y of 680 and Pad X(c) of 520 is a Large for sure. The short stem that comes stock on that bike is perfect for you and you'll be almost in the center of the arm cup mounting holes with no added times to make the X work. For the Y.... 45mm of pedestal yields a Y of 675. If you get the little aftermarket item called the High Stack Flat Spring you can get 50mm of pedestal and arrive at 680 (the max is 685btw). I cannot, at this moment, solve the pad width range. I have a note in to an engineer who's been great for this sort of data as there's another guy on this thread asking the same thing. When I get a response I'll get back to you.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply

Prev Next