Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Rolldown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You inspired me. Today I ran 59:59 in the dark & ice, early this morning & then again after work in the daylight to log 2 runs on my 59th!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [stillmoving] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work! And Happy Birthday!

Since running 60:60 doesn’t really make sense, for next year’s birthday and beyond, you only need to run your new age in minutes, not seconds. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Rolldown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys know where this is going....you''re gonna be in the 100/100 on your 100th birthday doing a 100minute run
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reached 100 runs last night with a 5.6 mile night run on trails with a headlamp, driving snow, icy trails etc.

5.6 miles is also about the average of my runs as I now reached 556.9 miles of distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the plan! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
You guys know where this is going....you''re gonna be in the 100/100 on your 100th birthday doing a 100minute run

100min run @ 100 years old would be pretty good - maybe a 13.1 race or something.

I think I’ll live to be 117, so might have to try this when I hit triple digits.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job on the 100 runs!

Was glued to the internet yesterday and didn't get my run in. I've got 1 in the bank but don't want to use it so soon, will plan to split my 'long' run this weekend to maintain a back-up run.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CeceWeber and I risked our lives to run (part of the way) around the active volcano Kīlauea today, steaming here in the background. Cece did wear her LavaMan shirt to please Madame Pele…,












Last edited by: starison: Jan 7, 21 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
You guys know where this is going....you''re gonna be in the 100/100 on your 100th birthday doing a 100minute run

i wanted to do a number play for my birthday today. run 10k in minutes of my age. shut it down at 5k as I was going to be off. O well, at least I have some delicious post run home made polish pasteries made by my mom to enjoy (makowiec)


http://www.coupleofathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm really in a sweet spot right now with my running. 80 runs in the competition. Personal bests today with an 85 mile week and a 100 miles ran this month (completed a January Hundo challenge in 9 days). And I raced a 20K this morning at a 8:14 pace. Not bad at age 64 :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
You guys know where this is going....you''re gonna be in the 100/100 on your 100th birthday doing a 100minute run


i wanted to do a number play for my birthday today. run 10k in minutes of my age. shut it down at 5k as I was going to be off. O well, at least I have some delicious post run home made polish pasteries made by my mom to enjoy (makowiec)

It gets easier beating your age for running a 10km once you cross 30. Sub 30 min 10km is pretty rarified. Once you get to 33 a lot of 33 year olds can do it. Once you get to 35min lots of 35-50 year olds can do it. Once you get to 40 min a lot of 40-60 year olds can make the number.

Once you get to 55 not that many 55-70 year olds can do that anymore, but there are a bunch of 55 year olds who can still hit waaay sub 40 and down to 35 minutes.

So unless you are under 30 years old, beating your age in minutes is not a massive feat :-) I think rolldown who did the 57;57 run on his 57th birthday in Iqaluit can still run around 37 minutes!!!

I think a better one is running 50x200m coming in for the 200's on the number of seconds for your age. Age 35 you get 35 seconds for the 200m, age 40, you get 40 seconds, age 50 you get 50 seconds....and so on. It really does not work if you are under 30 though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
You guys know where this is going....you''re gonna be in the 100/100 on your 100th birthday doing a 100minute run


i wanted to do a number play for my birthday today. run 10k in minutes of my age. shut it down at 5k as I was going to be off. O well, at least I have some delicious post run home made polish pasteries made by my mom to enjoy (makowiec)


It gets easier beating your age for running a 10km once you cross 30. Sub 30 min 10km is pretty rarified. Once you get to 33 a lot of 33 year olds can do it. Once you get to 35min lots of 35-50 year olds can do it. Once you get to 40 min a lot of 40-60 year olds can make the number.

Once you get to 55 not that many 55-70 year olds can do that anymore, but there are a bunch of 55 year olds who can still hit waaay sub 40 and down to 35 minutes.

So unless you are under 30 years old, beating your age in minutes is not a massive feat :-) I think rolldown who did the 57;57 run on his 57th birthday in Iqaluit can still run around 37 minutes!!!

I think a better one is running 50x200m coming in for the 200's on the number of seconds for your age. Age 35 you get 35 seconds for the 200m, age 40, you get 40 seconds, age 50 you get 50 seconds....and so on. It really does not work if you are under 30 though.

ahh 200s is quite possible. I am 39. I screw up pacing maybe? went easier than though on the start, yet second half felt harder and I was going faster. I only looked at my watch 3 miles in


http://www.coupleofathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm loving the consistency that 100/100 has forced on me.

Noodling over the idea of running my age in kilometres for my birthday towards the end of February.
Wouldn't have been remotely in a position to contemplate this if I hadn't been doing the challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought, very briefly, of trying the birthday run in kilometers. That isn’t going to happen. Even though I’m on track for 100 runs, I turn 50 in March and won’t have the legs for 31.x miles.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
I thought, very briefly, of trying the birthday run in kilometers. That isn’t going to happen. Even though I’m on track for 100 runs, I turn 50 in March and won’t have the legs for 31.x miles.

you have plenty of time to ramp up and go for it. it doesnt hurt to try. I tried number play run on my birthday and failed. I could have ran 39km... but I know I can do that. Goals are more fun when there is fear of failing


http://www.coupleofathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me and tami met up for another group run. I in red to the right, she in pink




http://www.coupleofathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whelp, I was trying to finish top 10, but got covid. Luckily no breathing issues, slowly easing back into things.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First time in 64 years that I ran a 100 mile week. Never would have thought that was possible.
Last edited by: TJ56: Jan 16, 21 13:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
First time in 64 years that I ran a 100 mile week. Never would have thought that was possible.

Must be (what I call) "running with your bones". That means if you are aligned and balanced it's like a engine that spins and spins. Great efficiency w/low stress.

Although 70 reps into it, my injured leg is just coming around enough that I am adding some speed. The super slow pace work that I am doing has improved my posture, etc. Starting to feel that run-forever-ability.
Slow works!

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://www.jagersport.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Me and tami met up for another group run. I in red to the right, she in pink

Cool
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
come down next week coyote they have all paces in the group


http://www.coupleofathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 65, running along the Sweetwater River (San Diego mountains). Even though we have hardly gotten any rain this winter, they are releasing/transferring water from one reservoir to another one downstream. Quite the sight for southern California.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite the sight indeed!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tami21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the Results for both 100/100 and 50/50, there sure are a lot of Lurkers playing along

"Isn't RandMart the old punk rock dude who had the crazy ex? Then this post checks out"

Stop-Think-Consider-Do
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am one of those lurkers. Getting a bronze medal is keeping me motivated to run through Minnesota winter.

Jogging - I guess you just run for an extended period of time
Quote Reply

Prev Next