Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [guppie58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guppie58 wrote:
I don't think one 'earns' the right to pee in the pool (thus earning the right to disrespect others). Some of my swim sessions are longer than an hour and I will consume a bottle of water during those sessions. I rarely find the need to go to the bathroom and when I do, I have zero issue jumping out of the pool and hitting the rest room. I don't pee in the pool because I'm a grown adult and I don't want to disrespect the other swimmers in the pool. For me, it's really that simple.

As I said before, those that are too lazy to exit the pool and don't care about other swimmers will continue to pee in the pool. Nothing will change their mind. They will find any way possible to justify their behavior (my old high school coach wouldn't let us out of the pool.....professional swimmers pee in the pool.....etc.). I was just raised by a different set of morals and values.

hope you don't break your hip when you fall off that high horse.
morals???

seriously you think peeing in the pool is a moral issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

sharkbait_au wrote:
Live and let live then? Fair enough.

ericmulk wrote:
Actually, the last time my house was broken into, they did not take anything.
It is unlocked all the time anyway

Although...... you came home and your house was open because you left it open, and nothing was missing, how does that translate into your house was broken into by robbers? There was no robbery and no broken into.

They climbed in via the window and left it open in the winter. (Apparently they did not think about just trying the door:) That open window was the only way I knew anyone had been in the house. But you have a point as the house was not "broken into" and nothing was stolen, so technically it was not a "robbery".

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: Jan 10, 13 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriGirrrrl wrote:
guppie58 wrote:
I don't think one 'earns' the right to pee in the pool (thus earning the right to disrespect others). Some of my swim sessions are longer than an hour and I will consume a bottle of water during those sessions. I rarely find the need to go to the bathroom and when I do, I have zero issue jumping out of the pool and hitting the rest room. I don't pee in the pool because I'm a grown adult and I don't want to disrespect the other swimmers in the pool. For me, it's really that simple.

As I said before, those that are too lazy to exit the pool and don't care about other swimmers will continue to pee in the pool. Nothing will change their mind. They will find any way possible to justify their behavior (my old high school coach wouldn't let us out of the pool.....professional swimmers pee in the pool.....etc.). I was just raised by a different set of morals and values.

morals???

Wouldn't it depend on what the rules of the pool are? I'm pretty sure that if I asked the gym if peeing in the pool was OK or not they would tell me no. If I choose to disregard their rules (whether I agree or not is irrelevant since I entered into some kind agreement to follow all their rules when I joined) am I not guilty of some type of moral breach?
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharkbait_au wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
sharkbait_au wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
How about a compromise?

Couldn't agree more. You break the pee in the pool rule, and we won't complain. Someone breaks the don't burgle your house rule, or don't drink and drive and crash into you rule, and you don't complain. Fair?

Let me guess: you swim less than 1 hr typically???

Yes, you are correct. Are you not prepared to answer the question. Should I make it more appropriate? Ok... how about only serious burglars who are prepared to commit grievous harm are allowed to burgle you?

When I see a local ordinance or law prohibiting peeing in the pool we'll have that discussion and your question might be relevant.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [silentcs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
silentcs42 wrote:
TriGirrrrl wrote:
guppie58 wrote:

morals???

Wouldn't it depend on what the rules of the pool are? I'm pretty sure that if I asked the gym if peeing in the pool was OK or not they would tell me no. If I choose to disregard their rules (whether I agree or not is irrelevant since I entered into some kind agreement to follow all their rules when I joined) am I not guilty of some type of moral breach?

I don't see that as a morality issue
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriGirrrrl wrote:
TriGirrrrl wrote:
silentcs42 wrote:

I don't see that as a morality issue

I don't see peeing in the pool as a morality issue either. I see breaking the rules I've agreed to follow as one though.

Regardless, I don't care if you pee the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously, you are all being irrational. People are perfectly willing to swim in lakes and ponds where animals are doing who knows what, things are dying and decomposing. Yet you want your pool water to be some untouched diamond pure nectar of the gods. Imagine if we put the water from some ponds or lakes in a pool, you'd be like "that water is unfit, unsafe, look how murky and brown!". It's a matter of perception, you've swam in much worse water and enjoyed it much more.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [HXB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HXB wrote:
Seriously, you are all being irrational. People are perfectly willing to swim in lakes and ponds where animals are doing who knows what, things are dying and decomposing. Yet you want your pool water to be some untouched diamond pure nectar of the gods. Imagine if we put the water from some ponds or lakes in a pool, you'd be like "that water is unfit, unsafe, look how murky and brown!". It's a matter of perception, you've swam in much worse water and enjoyed it much more.

Yeah no kidding! I don't pee in the pool but just the same there's far worse in open water!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HXB wrote:

Great point, I've had the same thought.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HXB wrote:

Yeah, you're right. I've swam 2.4 miles in the Ohio River. Twice.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never really thought too much about this before but at the regular masters swim set I attend where we swim for around an hour I have not once seen anyone leave the pool to pee. I'm sure there must have been one or two that slipped out while I wasn't looking but it's certainly not common. So with all of those hundreds of cummulative hours assuming around 20-25 people per sessions x ~300 session a year in total (I only attend very few I'll point out) that about 6,000 potential peeing hours and very very few people ever get out.....me thinks there must be a lot of peeing going on in that pool! So far I haven't contracted asthma or anything else for that matter, just a matter of time though I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [ZingUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZingUK wrote:
Never really thought too much about this before but at the regular masters swim set I attend where we swim for around an hour I have not once seen anyone leave the pool to pee. I'm sure there must have been one or two that slipped out while I wasn't looking but it's certainly not common. So with all of those hundreds of cummulative hours assuming around 20-25 people per sessions x ~300 session a year in total (I only attend very few I'll point out) that about 6,000 potential peeing hours and very very few people ever get out.....me thinks there must be a lot of peeing going on in that pool! So far I haven't contracted asthma or anything else for that matter, just a matter of time though I guess.

All those people laking morals.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I define morals the same way the dictionary does (see definition below). Thus I see public urination as an immoral activity. The one person here said they hope I don't break my hip falling from my high horse. I find that interesting. Apparently to that person, not peeing in public is a VERY high moral. I see it differently. It's not that big of a stretch, for me, to get out of the pool and hit the restroom. It's clear that to some of you that is a very big deal and are making a conscious decision to: be lazy, be immature, and be disrespectful to other swimmers. Again, you will use whatever means you have to in order to justify your actions. So be it. All you're really doing is justifying your laziness, immaturity and disrespectful behavior (imo).

Just because other people pee in the people doesn't mean I have to reduce myself to their level and do it as well. I try not to conform to the lowest common denominator.

Definition of MORAL
a : of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior :ethical <moral judgments>

b : expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior <amoral poem>

Quote | Reply
You've yet to convince me that there's anything wrong with something that (1) is not against any rule*, (2) doesn't impact anyone negatively, (3) nobody is ever likely to know about, and (4) is generally considered acceptable behavior among competitive/serious swimmers.

*It's not mentioned in the posted pool rules at the club where I swim. (Showering before entering the pool is.)
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Jan 10, 13 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't believe this post is still alive. I shared it with my wife last night and she says to me "so?.... doesn't everyone?" LOL Then goes to say "is this a joke? Someone is actually that ignorant to think that this is not normal..... It's sterile- you could drink the shit straight with zero ill affect" LOL again. I Love my wife.....

Cheers

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The people who are against peeing in the pool make me want to pee in the pool even more just to spite them.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing Wrong With Peeing In The Pool [Eaglerulez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eaglerulez wrote:
The people who are against peeing in the pool make me want to pee in the pool even more just to spite them.

We really need a "like" button on ST.