Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And, according for Facebook, you cuddle after sex.

I don't even know where to begin on my husband except to say: It really is all about him unless I can convince him that whatever I'm asking him to do also benefits him. Just doing it for me is rarely enough. He isn't a bad guy, just doesn't see the value in doing a lot of stuff around the house. He doesn't care if there dishes are piling up. He doesn't care of the carpet is covered in dog hair. He doesn't care that there are no clean towels. He doesn't care of the lawn is overgrown. He just doesn't understand what any of this has to do with him.

He also hates Christmas. I love it. We don't have kids so I can't pull that one out as defense. I don't decorate anymore because I have to do all the work. I have great memories of Christmas as a kid and my mom is totally into it. Luckily my brother and his family live 20 minutes away so I get a brief fix.

The big problems come in when neither one of us want to do something. We are both really stubborn so whatever that thing is won't get done for a looooong time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think that most men tend to think only about what they want and that's it. It's not that they're deliberately trying to annoy us, it just rarely occurs to them to give anyone other than themselves a thought.
You silly womens! If you only knew the crap we had to deal with the title of this thread would be "Mens are so great for putting up with us!". I could make a long list of stuff I deal with but I'm too busy thinking about me right now.
Last edited by: BeeHunter: Dec 31, 08 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes please! Super hot ginger beef with a nice cold beer. Done!

My rant(s):
Xmas: I hate xmas, I really do. I do a lot for the stuff for the kids because they LOVE IT, but what we do is still FAR FAR tamer than a lot of people do. Smaller tree, smaller more personal gifts for the kids, more time together than not. I refuse to buy into this commercial shit. Our kids had just as much fun at xmas than others did, and we spent tops $100 on each of them. All of which we spent at local small businesses. Nothing commercial, nothing Disney, nothing made in China. We don't send cards, we call friends and family instead. We don't buy presents for aother adults, I can buy a sweater just as easily as you can thanks. Why on earth do people see the need to go overboard? Oh and stop telling me that I "have to take time off from work" during the holidays. Why? What for? I get 4 days off and that's it. I work in a event-driven industry and in a department that lives by the calendar (it's year end now, can ya tell?). So stop telling me to do something I can't and won't. (yes mom, that one's for you).

Useless Women & Men: I have met incredibly lazy women too. Those that refuse to get a license so they can be chauffeured everywhere. Those who can't cook anything to save their livs. Those who think that big tits will get them through life. Those that think it's ok to have someone take care of everything for you, so you can do the important things in life like shopping, getting your nails done and going to the gym. I can live with lazy men (that is, I don't live with them but I don't let them get to me), but it's dumb useless women that drive me insane. Women want men to be everything: strong and masculine, yet watch Oprah, wear pink and cry at chick flicks. Guess what? Those men don't exist (and if they do they usually aren't interested in women). Men say they want women to be everything: smart, able to take care of herself financially, know how to change a flat tire (on their car), to not *need* anything from the man except companionship and hot nookie. Guess what? Those women don't get the attention the useless twats with fakies get.

Men & women don't take each other for granted. Lazy men and lazy women take capable men and capable women for granted. Capable men and capable women bitch and moan about lazy men and lazy women. But the capable ones are just as much at fault - they let themselves play that role. Don't like it? Find a just-as-capable partner. That's what I did.

OK rant off, I gotta finish year-end work.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yer a smart man. I'd rather have the tattoo (as per trailbait's post) than another diamond. If I want a diamond, I'll buy it myself.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Those who think that big tits will get them through life.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! HOLD ON! They're not going to get me through life? Well what the hell is the point of these things then?

Quote | Reply
LOL... at least they float. ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
you cuddle after

going on a tangent here, but why would somebody want to do that? shower > cuddle any time, or would you want to cuddle after you both get home from a run?
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't need a man card, you've got this card:

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously guys, is your grasp on your masculinity that tenuous that it can be lost by cooking or cleaning?
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
every single rude dude that has come into every shop i've wrenched at and treated me like i have no clue what I'm talking about simply because I'm female. Also the ones who try to help me work on their bikes (no they aren't trying to learn how to fix their own stuff) even though they brought it into the shop because they COULDN'T FIX IT THEMSELVES.

However, on the other side of things, 90% of the male customers I've had at every shop I've worked at have thought it's really cool that a girl is working on their bike and have shown me extra awesome respect.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A freakin' men I don't need no stinkin man card.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
A freakin' men I don't need no stinkin man card.

Translate that into English? ;-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are asking the wrong girl.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm with you. i have two sisters, and like our mother, we can cook, clean, are well educated and are financially and socially responsible. my brothers married women who sit on the coach all day complaining how tired they are. how they ended up with these two women, i'll never understand.

my sister-in-law went to bed on christmas eve while my brother wrapped all the gifts for their kids and set up everything up. he got up in the morning and made breakfast for everyone followed by christmas dinner. she updated her facebook profile.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was simply rejecting the concept that a person's masculinity can be contained in a card purchased from spencer's gifts. And that masculinity can be revoked. I was doing it in a euphemistic way, but instead of inserting the f word, I substituted the freakin'. So Amen skips over A-f'ing-MEN to become A-freakin'-men,

A freakin' men I don't need no stinkin man card translates to.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Katy, I do not need a man card. I much prefer the sushi card.

Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting back to the original post here, and the whole non-pasta-cooking guy thing . . . back when I was in college, there were these frequent commecials for "McCain's Pasta Magic." (No relation to the Arizona senator, I don't think.) Anyway, it was pre-boiled pasta that came in plastic bags. "Just run it under hot water, and it's ready to serve!"

Now, bear in mind that this was the crowd of college students who were in the dorm's TV lounge to watch Star Trek - and we all were amazed that such a product would exist. "Who the hell can't boil spaghetti?" we wondered out loud.

If you can't match the domestic skills of a bunch of Star Trek watching college students, you pretty much fail by any standard of self-reliance.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's only because she doesn't trust you to actually clean anything well enough to be considered clean in the first place.

Which means that you either acceptably screwed it up the first place to absolve yourself from responsibility forever, or she legitimately doesn't trust your cleaning skills in the first place.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some women like their men to do women's work around the house - aka you don't know what your role is in the marriage.

The other women are happy in their marriage.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
every single rude dude that has come into every shop i've wrenched at and treated me like i have no clue what I'm talking about simply because I'm female. Also the ones who try to help me work on their bikes (no they aren't trying to learn how to fix their own stuff) even though they brought it into the shop because they COULDN'T FIX IT THEMSELVES.

However, on the other side of things, 90% of the male customers I've had at every shop I've worked at have thought it's really cool that a girl is working on their bike and have shown me extra awesome respect.

The only thing hotter than a woman with a wrench is a woman with a tattoo ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you complain that The Womens isn't very welcoming then you come over here and say that? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you are kidding. I'm wondering if any of the other women on here will do the same.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>
The only thing hotter than a woman with a wrench is a woman with a tattoo ... <<

What about a woman wrench with a tattoo?

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to try hard to think you are kidding as well - otherwise that was a totally douche comment.

AKA - I'm smart enough to not marry an ass like you and know that my role is to take care of everything for my own self.

But to each relationship their own definition of roles and expectations - I expect my boyfriend to help me around the house as I bring just as much money and effort into the relationship - and he knows his role is to be my partner and not my bitch.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
>>
The only thing hotter than a woman with a wrench is a woman with a tattoo ... <<

What about a woman wrench with a tattoo?

clm

A woman wrench with a tattoo? I believe this accurately sums it up (please don't ban me for this) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I state an opinion, you don't like it, and then you threaten me with what? Deleting my post? My post was merely my opinion, and no I'm not kidding. Don't get yourself all twisted up about it.

And BTW, you don't represent all the women on the Womens Forum, as I'm sure not all are feminists, as some women on ST are traditionalists and others are not. And you are not a moderator on this or any other forum on ST, but merely a participant like myself.
Last edited by: YaHey: Jan 1, 09 14:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where the hell did I say your post should be deleted??? You're the one getting your panties in a twist. I actually think I was pretty civil about the whole thing.

Jen

Quote Reply

Prev Next