Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Cervelo S5 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And there is this on the Cervélo Homepage .. http://www.cervelo.com/...nd-power-meters.html

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
End of season, 20k+, tons of fresh air, beautiful impressions & views. My buddies, me and some much younger & lighter riders had a lot of fun. Now we are rolling relaxed into autumn, with this year achievements laying out aims for next year .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Sep 27, 15 22:48
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 40cm Cervelo aero bar on my 58cm S5. My bike shop swapped it at no charge when I picked up the bike.

Graham Barron Design: Custom west coast house design http://www.grahambarron.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luzié got some bling with her milage here ..

.. the in reality very crisp sticker shows the emblem of the Kurpfalz, the region riding on two wheels was invented 1819 by this man .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Drais

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice.

I finally wore through the s-works tires and thought I would give the Veloflex 25c Masters a try. I dig the natural sidewalls on the all black bike.

Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orbilius wrote:
Very nice.

I finally wore through the s-works tires and thought I would give the Veloflex 25c Masters a try. I dig the natural sidewalls on the all black bike.

I don't usually like gumwalls but they do look fantastic in this case. Well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's the beautifully black Enve rims that make the wheels look outstanding. How aero does the front wheel look with Veloflex 25c?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [chayasit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

I read that the Veloflex tires ran a bit small, and that appears to be the case. The front tire measures almost exactly 25mm on the Enve front rim, which given it's wide internal width tends to broaden tires out beyond their stated size. The width is probably good for aero, but I believe that open tubulars with glued on tread tend to do poorly with regards to aero.

I am not too concerned about aero this time of year, and was hoping to try out another supple tire in the offseason - never liked the feel of "training tires". These were only $35 each on Pro Bike Kit, so could be a great tire if they work out. FYI - avoid the Clement Strada like the plague. That tire is absolute crap!

Running these with michelin latex and orange seal and hoping for the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bobble hat time to honor all grandmas ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From now on every meter with Luzié in this year is a new personal record, with 24k+ I got older and with my new S5 faster .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I konw, I know, nothing really new .. http://velonews.competitor.com/...ero-road-bike_389444

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a very nice deal last friday Luzié will tell me burned kJ next season and how many traditional Kurpfalz Brioches I have to reload, too .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Nov 29, 15 3:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To get back on the track .. oSo >> 7:24am waiting inside for sun rise ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stack 588mm ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How happy are you so far with the Veloflex 25c?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they are fine offseason training tires, but they aren't that supple, and run small. Smaller in fact then many 23c tires I have run. Give the low cost I am very happy with them, but next year I will be riding either vittoria speed 25/23s or turbo cotton 26/24s.

If specialized does the 1/2 off sale again the sWorks turbo 26/26 combo is hard to beat for them money.

My team is sponsored by vittoria, so I plan on giving the corsa speeds a test very soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will Vittoria Speed 25c be available next year? Currently I am using turbo cotton 26c/supersonic 20c with latex innertubes (not very eye pleasing but fast). It would be interesting to read your experience with Vittoria Speed 25c/23c (especially if you could compare them with turbo cotton 26c/24c). Thanks for your reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luzié got a flight data recorder to support the pilot with faster steps .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're available now... I have something like 6 or 8 of them.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New S5 riders:

How do you find the ride quality?

I finally got mine built & have been spending some quality time on it.

Holy crap is that an unforgiving ride.

And--this is coming from a guy who has a P5 and did almost all of his training on it last year and did not think it was unforgiving.

I've been riding it with 404s & 25mm Conti GP4000sIIs inflated between 100-110 psi. A bit better at the lower end of that...but still, I really feel it. Also--really chatters, audibly, over rough road & rear end bounces around. I was thinking on racing it this coming season but not sure that makes sense in NYC area with poor pavement more often than not.

Anyone else finding the same?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [AGTC1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet tire pressure is your issue. 25s at 100-110 seems excessive. I run 25s at 90 back, 85 front @ 170ls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that with 25's that pressure is high. For reference I run my 23's at 100 in the front and 105 in the rear with latex tubes and I am 180 lbs.
Last edited by: BMANX: Dec 17, 15 8:51
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm maybe. First time running 25s. I run my 23s on the P5 at 120. Toned down 23s on other road bikes to 110 this year. I should go sub 100 on 25s?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curve sketching 2015 ::: 650.000kcal in 900h .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Dec 20, 15 0:06
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [AGTC1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much do you weigh?
Quote Reply