Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ANY! ALL!!!

Adventures are fun :)

singletrack pic. Rowena? Or really in LHC OHV?

I bike packed a 'gravel grand loop' over labor day. Fall river was great but the constant stream of rental cars was less than pleasant.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Last edited by: MarkyV: Oct 7, 19 11:21
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah-
Fall river is certainly best early or late season when it's closed to cars but still open to bikes (I believe that's the case now).

And yes, that one is Lefthand OHV, East from the James Canyon junction to the main entrance at the bridge over Lefthand Creek is very drop-bar bike-able because it mostly follows the contour of the hillside. The surface is actually less technical than Rowena, in my opinion and for the most part. At the very least there are fewer places to plummet to your demise.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what was the date of your ride? Got a strava file? Heat map isn't helpful looking at LHC OHV and even with a DH rig my dirt skills are no match for finding myself on the wrong trail out there!!!

I really like Rowena, especially in summer, feels a touch cooler headed up it in the shade. But yeah, not the most technically easy thing, but I used to do it on 25s so now it seems hella easy with a gravel rig :)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw on a UK site that Cervelo is going to be offering a build in the real color with 650b wheels, GRX 1x, and a dropper seat post. Sent an email asking when it might get released, waiting to hear back

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the 650b dark teal/light teal complete is available at retailers starting Nov 1, 2019, according to Cervelo.

Also, looking for power options for this bike and considering a rotor crank-based power. Does anyone know if the 2inPower can go from a 1x to a 2x by just chaining the rings?

Said differently, if I buy the base model Aspero and and rotor 1x power meter, when I upgrade to 2x Shimano GRX in a year's time, can I pop two chainrings on my power meter and call it day?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Does anyone know if the 2inPower can go from a 1x to a 2x by just chaining the rings?

Said differently, if I buy the base model Aspero and and rotor 1x power meter, when I upgrade to 2x Shimano GRX in a year's time, can I pop two chainrings on my power meter and call it day?

As long as you're getting the newer Direct Mount version of the 2inPower, you can replace the single chain ring with a double.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Nov 13, 19 15:18
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Color option?

gary p wrote:
Wow, that caught me by surprise. Looks really nice. Not sure what the point is of having both the nearly-identical "Ultegra RX" and "GRX" build levels, though.

Interesting that across size spectrum, frame stack is identical to the R3/S3, while reach is 10mm longer. Shorter stems spec'ed, perhaps? Geometry is certainly "racier" than the C-series.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any aspire owners have the total weight of their bike? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Looks like the 650b dark teal/light teal complete is available at retailers starting Nov 1, 2019, according to Cervelo.

Also, looking for power options for this bike and considering a rotor crank-based power. Does anyone know if the 2inPower can go from a 1x to a 2x by just chaining the rings?

I went with a LR Stages Ultegra (2x).
So far so good.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Callin' wrote:
Does anyone know if the 2inPower can go from a 1x to a 2x by just chaining the rings?

As long as you're getting the newer Direct Mount version of the 2inPower, you can replace the single chain ring with a double.

Thanks. I sent the inquiry to Rotor, and the rep said that either the 2inPower or the Inpower DM both use a DM interface that is easily swapped between 1x and 2x just by changing out the rings, so would be an applicable setup to go from 1x to 2x down the line.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am considering the GRX build....anyone know if any of the Quarq units are compatible? Tempting with the 50% Quarqs deal right now.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bike weighs 18.7 lbs. I have a Teal Aspero custom build with 2x GRX Di2, 3T Discus 45 wheels (GravelKing SK 43s), Superghiaia bar. That is without pedals.
Last edited by: TOTRI: Dec 1, 19 15:45
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo has a BBright bottom bracket so you’ll need the BB30 carbon Quarq

https://quarq.zendesk.com/...BBright-Installation

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [TOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size is your custom build that weighs 18.7? I’m looking at a similar build, GRX Di2 but using Easton EC90 SL cranks and a power2max power meter instead of the GRX stuff (and using Ultegra FD for chainline consistency).
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry 54
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [TOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks TOTRI - that is a full pound less than a warbird.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. they were out of stock on the 172.5s, so going without power at least for now
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be a while before I can afford to drop a few grand on a set of Enve 4.5's for this bike as a n+1 wheelset. In the meantime, what would be a good wheelset option for road riding? Is it as simple as riding the stock wheels and swapping out the tires?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Just ordered Reynolds ATR Carbon wheels for my Aspero. $1299 for the pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
It will be a while before I can afford to drop a few grand on a set of Enve 4.5's for this bike as a n+1 wheelset. In the meantime, what would be a good wheelset option for road riding? Is it as simple as riding the stock wheels and swapping out the tires?

Cheap(ish) alloy option: https://www.trekbikes.com/...391/?colorCode=black

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [MrB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrB wrote:
Just ordered Reynolds ATR Carbon wheels for my Aspero. $1299 for the pair.

are you going to use them for road+gravel? or road only?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Callin' wrote:

Cheap(ish) alloy option: https://www.trekbikes.com/...391/?colorCode=black

thank you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Nasty weather road and gravel. Have an R5 for nice weather road.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [MrB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be curious your thoughts on the ATR - as I’m considering those for a road/gravel build as well. They seem a good value on paper atleast
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervélo Áspero [COBRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do. Don't hold your breath though as I'm a northerner, and ski season is upon us. I do have plenty of experience with AR29 road wheels and they are very solid from a materials standpoint. I'd rate them a 7 to 8 out of 10 for build quality. That's on par with Zipp and Shimano's that I've owned. HED's were the best - 10 out of 10 build quality.

I certainly don't see enough added value in $3000+ wheels to justify the added expense. I'd prefer to have 2 sets of wheels with tires, and change in my pocket.
Quote Reply

Prev Next