Prev Next
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Patrick Lange leaving New Balance according to his IG
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...that's surprising!

He was with Newton I believe for his 3rd place in Kona, I believe. Interesting to see where he ends up.

Joe Skipper confirmed his new QR ride - IG the official locator of new sponsorships worldwide haha.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrissie1993 wrote:
And Patrick Lange leaving New Balance according to his IG

Adidas :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Wow...that's surprising!

He was with Newton I believe for his 3rd place in Kona, I believe. Interesting to see where he ends up.

Joe Skipper confirmed his new QR ride - IG the official locator of new sponsorships worldwide haha.

Patrick did run in newton’s that race but was not signed by them that’s why they never marketed his 3rd place, they weren’t allowed

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
dfru wrote:
Wow...that's surprising!

Patrick did run in newton’s that race but was not signed by them that’s why they never marketed his 3rd place, they weren’t allowed

Jeroen

Yes, I should have said wearing!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
aerobean wrote:
I saw the Ben Hoffman post, it looks to me like they dropped him rather than him seeking something else. I'm curious as to who he goes to, he seems like Potts type of guy where he is model spokesperson.

Where did The Hoff post his words on this?
Would you mind sharing it here? I couldn´t find it.

Thanks a lot.

The scuttlebutt from a very well-placed source is that the Hof ticked off specialized with the mountain bike race he did as a team with Keinle. Specialized couldn't use it for marketing as Keinle is with Scott. Then Hof gets hurt, falls apart in IMSA, and no Kona. Then no bike sponsorship.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
aerobean wrote:
I saw the Ben Hoffman post, it looks to me like they dropped him rather than him seeking something else. I'm curious as to who he goes to, he seems like Potts type of guy where he is model spokesperson.

Where did The Hoff post his words on this?
Would you mind sharing it here? I couldn´t find it.

Thanks a lot.

The scuttlebutt from a very well-placed source is that the Hof ticked off specialized with the mountain bike race he did as a team with Keinle. Specialized couldn't use it for marketing as Keinle is with Scott. Then Hof gets hurt, falls apart in IMSA, and no Kona. Then no bike sponsorship.

where are you getting this misguided information?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Darren325 wrote:

We know Specialized is pretty petty when it comes to words for IP, especially when they don't even on the trademark! But that would make them one of the pettiest companies of all time.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well it's completely false, so as petty as they may or may not be...
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not tri specific but Phil Gaimon now with Nove Bikes (out of Australia.) Anyone familiar with the brand?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Angela Naeth has gone from Scott to Quintana Roo.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did get that one on the first page but this gives me a good reason to move it back to the top. There's so many athletes out there still without deals...come on social media - release the hounds!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just accidentally revealed on the triathlon taren video, Lange has gone adidas

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Ben Hoffman isn't with Specialized - should be a good pick up for someone if he's back to healthy.

Also, Bart Aernouts isn't with BMC, so should be interesting for him on a sponsorship side.

Bart is with a Belgian team 3MD and will be riding a Ceepo Viper and Shadow and wear Bioracer Speedwear. Great choice of gear if you ask me ;-)

https://www.3athlon.be/...nst-helpt-in-hawaii/

Sam
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Romain Guillaume also to Ceepo, Ceepo is getting more athletes then ever before. I hope that bring them a bit more succes. Really dig the Shadow bikes ;-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Romain Guillaume also to Ceepo, Ceepo is getting more athletes then ever before. I hope that bring them a bit more succes. Really dig the Shadow bikes ;-)

Jeroen

Romain has always been on Ceepo until he was forced on a for him way too large Ridley bike :-) More ITZU guys will be on Ceepo now.
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Laura Siddall to Factor from Ceepo - I think that Factor Slick bike is pretty...yes...slick. Seems like a cool bike - and she's a great personality who races a lot. Love her on the Fitter Radio podcast...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know about Big Metz, but Jeannie Seymour is now on Ventum. People are starting to fall into place.

Come on, Hoff and Richard Murray...give us some names! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would like to see more pros on a trek. Males I can only think of tim reed and tim O’Donnell and Ben kanute?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Would like to see more pros on a trek. Males I can only think of tim reed and tim O’Donnell and Ben kanute?

Agreed - I think it's a very smooth fit for Ben Hoffman, but that's just me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bet for Ben is Cervelo. Rumor was Lionel was close to signing with Cervelo until canyon came in last minute. Cervelo needs to put a stud on the new bike in North America and as long as Ben can get back to full Health, what a great opportunity for both parties.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only hang up I see with Cervelo is that Hoff likes to race the Xterra race in Maui every year, with no mountain bike offering it doesn't make a ton of sense.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think at this stage of his career it will be something he really wants to be on. If he loves the P5x then that's great - but if not it's not worth the money v getting a speed concept, for example and feeling like you are on THE bike that will make the difference. I would have been surprised to see Lionel on anything other than the Canyon, because I think he truly believes that the Canyon is the bike that will help him over the hump.

We will see though, I am sure the Hoff will be fast no matter what he's on!

Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
The only hang up I see with Cervelo is that Hoff likes to race the Xterra race in Maui every year, with no mountain bike offering it doesn't make a ton of sense.

Hypothetically speaking: PON owns Cervelo. PON also owns ____ ? All Cervelos (or most of them anyway) are assembled by ____ in ____ , USA?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team Timex is no longer is it not? Interesting to see what happens with Trek athletes and team?
Quote Reply

Prev Next