Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreene wrote:
My bet for Ben is Cervelo. Rumor was Lionel was close to signing with Cervelo until canyon came in last minute. Cervelo needs to put a stud on the new bike in North America and as long as Ben can get back to full Health, what a great opportunity for both parties.

Any guess as to how much Canyon is paying Lionel per year?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like I've seen past Cervelo athletes riding Focus mountain bikes, do they have the same parent company?

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Enve wheels is my guess. I've been noticing him liking enve stuff lately on the insta.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
mdgreene wrote:
My bet for Ben is Cervelo. Rumor was Lionel was close to signing with Cervelo until canyon came in last minute. Cervelo needs to put a stud on the new bike in North America and as long as Ben can get back to full Health, what a great opportunity for both parties.

Maybe 65-75k salary then a solid bonus and incentive structure on top of that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit. Is that all pro triathletes make? We start new uni graduates off at those salaries.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Holy shit. Is that all pro triathletes make? We start new uni graduates off at those salaries.

That’s not his only sponsor.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

The old saying is 99% of the age group athletes make more money than 99% of the pros.

Cody Beals typically does a write up on his blog every year of his budget of a pro triathlete
http://www.codybeals.com/...ro-triathlon-budget/

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get that its not his only sponsor but I don't know; I incorrectly assumed that some of these top triathletes were at least pulling $500k USD. I guess I was WAY off target.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

The old saying is 99% of the age group athletes make more money than 99% of the pros.

Cody Beals typically does a write up on his blog every year of his budget of a pro triathlete
http://www.codybeals.com/...ro-triathlon-budget/

More money in sponsorship than prize money. 50K a year USD isn't bad but have to factor in, there is no 401K plan or health insurance although being Canadian, he has access to universal health care + costs which he neatly factored in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
mdgreene wrote:

Maybe 65-75k salary then a solid bonus and incentive structure on top of that?

That’s more than I thought.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel is probably the most monetizable NA triathlete right now so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Canyon probably pays Lange and Jan over 100k salary. Kienle is likely over 100. I would guess most bigger name guys/gals are in the 40-60k camp. But there's probably <30? Of those in long course racing.

Too two earners in prize money last year were women I believe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

He's also got Freshii likely doing salary + bonuses, Garneau, etc. So I'd guess his salary is definitely over 100. Then if he has a great year he can probably double that. If he wins Kona, it likely increases his following years' salary, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreene wrote:

I think so too. Ben has liked almost all of cervelo's IG posts recently. Wouldn't it be odd for him to do that if he were signing with anyone else?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, neither bike or running shoes :

Eric Lagerstrom signed with Castelli (from Love the Pain)
Not a surprise to have him with a bigger clothes sponsor
Another one moving to boundary layer management with the Castelli PR :-) ?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
I feel like I've seen past Cervelo athletes riding Focus mountain bikes, do they have the same parent company?

Santa Cruz was what I was referring to. Santa Cruz assembles a lot of Cervelo bikes for distribution in their warehouse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo finally announces the big one....welcome Anne Haug!!!

Not Ben (at least yet) but it should be a little nicer then the Scrane or whatever she was on last year. Good pick up, she bikes well too!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben Hoffman.... "
I am very proud and excited to announce my new sponsorship with ENVE Composites! ENVE is the gold standard in the wheel industry, building some of the lightest, strongest, and most aerodynamic equipment available for triathletes and cyclists. Their commitment to excellence and passion for cycling run deep, and I am looking forward to big performances aboard their stellar wheel lineup. Just as I am invested in constant improvement with a focus on the details, ENVE's proprietary tooling and innovative design process mean they are constantly evolving and creating the absolute finest product in the industry. Now, what bike will captain these awesome wheels?! Excited to share very soon! #iRideENVE"

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if noted in here but Matt Russell has signed with OwnWay and On Running.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one one of the issues Ben had. Couldn’t have other sponsorships while w Specialized. They had him all tied up.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
With Enve wheels is my guess. I've been noticing him liking enve stuff lately on the insta.

Nice call!

If it is the cervelo...be the P5 disc :)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a new theory that Ben will be the new P5 disc poster child and is waiting for that bike to be announced. It's a theory like gravity...

Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Sponsors Thread 2019 [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the geometry of the bikes that Richard has hinted at and covered up, it appears to be a BMC. My guess is that he will be riding the BMC Slr01.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone mentioned they thought Richard Murray was going to be on the BMC - and they were right!

Bike choices in ITU don't capture my imagination but Richard is a fun follow and entertaining, and it's a great fit for him hopefully!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Call!

Ben Hoffman on Cervelo according to his IG this morning..

jake

Get outside!
Last edited by: jakers: Feb 12, 19 9:15
Quote Reply

Prev Next