Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Outstanding running weather yesterday helped me put together the race of my life.

BTW, Spent some time on the bike course yesterday with Kalber on the back stretch out of Keene. That man is a freight train on the flats.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outstanding job! 9:33. Potts only beat you by 45min! I'm in your age group and would be lucky to be 12:xxhr. You killed the run nearly a 2:xx. Did you know you were that close to breaking 3 hrs?
Did you qualify for Kona? I don't know how that works. Can not imagine what you would do if you did not work! Are you closer to 45 or 49yo?
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
In the spirit of a winner from Rochester, NY today, here is a related article from the Rochester paper about triathlon, Ironman in particular.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...k-against-high-costs

$742 just to register for Lake Placid next year. Have fun with that.

Don't forget $2000 for a week at the Super 8 in LP. :-)

The hotel room poaching is the main reason why I will never do LP, especially now that Tremblant is around.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [osteomark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
osteomark wrote:
Outstanding job! 9:33. Potts only beat you by 45min! I'm in your age group and would be lucky to be 12:xxhr. You killed the run nearly a 2:xx. Did you know you were that close to breaking 3 hrs?

Was shooting for it but did my bezt to ignore it until I was past 20mi.

Did you qualify for Kona? I don't know how that works. Can not imagine what you would do if you did not work!

I did qualify. Cant wait.

Are you closer to 45 or 49yo?

Just turned 46.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, so this means I get 1 year every 5 where you're not in my fn AG?
Swell.
I'd better make the most of the next one.

Did you take your Kona slot?
Or make somebody insanely happy at the rolldown?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took the slot and will take one more shot at kona. Hoping that gets it out of my system for awhile. There was one rolldown slot (of 6 for the ag) so someone got a gift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, you'll be otherwise occupied this Oct, and won't be racing the Devils Kitchen Du? (assuming it actually occurs)

YESYESYESYES!!!!!

Oh, did I say that with my out-loud voice? ;-)

Good luck in Kona!! A very well deserved honor.
M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
didn't make my goal of 9:45 but I did just squeak into the sub 10hr crowd (9:59) and ran a marathon PR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Rich...I may have to consider doing a flat Ironman at some point. You absolutely killed it. In other shocking news, the sun came up in the east today!!! ;)

Unfortunately things turned very ugly for me pretty quickly. Just a bad day at the office. I seriously thought about calling it a day on the bike. Oh well...there will be other days...

Good luck at Kona. Try not to crush too many pro dreams!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure why this thread came up, but in honour of my friend Konaexpress, I hearby kick off the annual Mirror Lake water temperature navel gazing. Anyone taken the ice temperature at the dock today? Is it Water Rover legal?
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the race was today, it would be wetsuit legal!!!

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
If the race was today, it would be wetsuit legal!!!

Hey if the race was today, I think we'd set a PB on the swim course sliding on top of frozen water. The bike course would not be fun!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think it is worth taking the time to put warm clothing on for the bike, or should I be fine wearing my trisuit?
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trisuit for sure. Last week was way colder up here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next