Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any skinny guys thinking about wearing a rain jacket or am I being a pussy? I DNFd at zofingen in the rain but it was a little colder
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Settle down tough guy. I've done this race twice before and plenty others with worse weather(amzof 2011 anyone?). I'm just hoping nothing gets in the way of the full race. I'm more than happy to plow on in the Adk weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [amclean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not trying to be a tough guy. I'm trying to get people to freak out about a zombie apocalypse. The ADK area is due for one any day now. There's a distinct possibility, according to the ZA forecasters, that one is going to hit the Lake Placid/ Keene/ Jay/ Wilmington area sometime between 10 am and 4 pm tomorrow. They suspect that the influx of so many live humans on the region is causing the migration of the living-challenged. You must all be ready, for whatever lies ahead...

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember 2003 well as my wife raced that day, said the wind, rain and hail were brutal coming back through the gorge by Whiteface. I also remember a heavy thunderstorm in the last hour of the race as we were waiting for a friend to finish.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you ever seen River Road after dark on IM day?
It's a zombie apocalypse EVERY year.
Mindless, soulless, undead minions shambling along, in search of sustinence.
Except instead of brains, they seem to crave chicken broth.
Odd, that.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [amclean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at the mandatory athlete meeting last night and their plan for any inclement weather is to have you seek your own shelter. So basically, keep racing. They did say that there are fire stations in Keene, Jay, and Wilmington that you can seek shelter in if you want to, but everyone reading this who's a Slowtwitcher will obviously HTFU and keep racing. After all, unless your seat's too high, you won't be the highest target out there.

All of the people on the Beginner Triathlete forum with their seats too high will be the ones getting struck by lightning.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [RobLindqu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just lowered my seat, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I remember 2003 well as my wife raced that day, said the wind, rain and hail were brutal coming back through the gorge by Whiteface. I also remember a heavy thunderstorm in the last hour of the race as we were waiting for a friend to finish.

I did 2003 as well, I remember on the run looking down and thinking it rather odd to have water running over the tops of my ankles into my shoes.

Ron W
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a relatively skinny chick who DNFed at AZ due to the weather compounded by a flat tubular and I am having the same debate. I was SO cold out on that bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Have you ever seen River Road after dark on IM day?
It's a zombie apocalypse EVERY year.
Mindless, soulless, undead minions shambling along, in search of sustinence.
Except instead of brains, they seem to crave chicken broth.
Odd, that.

Seen River Road on IM day? I typically lead the charge as head zombie in search of brains and chicken broth. In late stages of an IM, I'm in short supply of both.

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [ritanneo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ritanneo wrote:
I am a relatively skinny chick who DNFed at AZ due to the weather compounded by a flat tubular and I am having the same debate. I was SO cold out on that bike.
Stick a plastic grocery store bag under your tri top in T1. If it gets too hot take it out and store for later or drop it off at an aid station.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just in case of cold rain, I put a piece of bubble wrap in my T1 bag that I can put under my jersey.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't even think to use that trick, but it has worked well for me in the past. Thanks for the reminder!
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What happens if there is lightning? I know at Syracuse 70.3 this year as soon as there was thunder, the race was over. Do they do that for full IMs too?"

No. At Syracuse they stopped people from beginning the second loop of the run when the thunderstorm blew threw. But they allowed people that were already on the course on their second loop to complete the race

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Last edited by: bmas: Jul 27, 13 21:07
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody not racing but at LP want to give us an update on the weather and conditions? I'm hoping everybody has a good day. It is starting to sprinkle over here in VT.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck to all the STers racing today, have fun out there!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no LP thread today? Sheesh. Talk about the wussification of Ironman...

PS - KonaExpress swam 1:04, Dev about the same. KAlber 1:09.
Keith's buddy Chris Wilhelm swam 55, and was 6th OA AG'er thru 30m of the bike. F'n fish.

Dev did his usual ProZone T1, in a scorching 4:11. Free speed!!!

Looks to be a long catered training day for Andy Potts - doesn't appear anyone can catch him, already.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Looks to be a long catered training day for Andy Potts - doesn't appear anyone can catch him, already.

Well, Josh Beck is gaining on him and he did have a good swim, only 31 minutes down from Potts out of the water.
Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Well, Josh Beck is gaining on him and he did have a good swim, only 31 minutes down from Potts out of the water.

I didn't realize Josh was there... that *could* make it interesting later on.
PS - "only" 31 minutes down on the swim.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Might as well start FREAKING OUT: Mirror Lake temperatures.... [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cold like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B7MFtRXHfg

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
There's no LP thread today? Sheesh. Talk about the wussification of Ironman...

PS - KonaExpress swam 1:04, Dev about the same. KAlber 1:09.
Keith's buddy Chris Wilhelm swam 55, and was 6th OA AG'er thru 30m of the bike. F'n fish.

Dev did his usual ProZone T1, in a scorching 4:11. Free speed!!!

How do those swim times compare for them historically? I'm wondering what effect the new format/ rolling start had on swim times, if any. Potts was about 90 seconds slower this year as compared to last, which may have been fitness or may have been the swim traffic on lap 2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big shout out to my local pro Jennie Hansen. Last year, she finished 2nd at IMLP. She was not in the top 10 out of T1 but has biked her way up to 5th (maybe 4th since Carrie Lester is in the penalty tent). My girl struggles to keep up on the swim but excels on the run (she's seriously fast). Right now, she's only 12 min back of Dede and closing. Go Jennie!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Big shout out to my local pro Jennie Hansen. Last year, she finished 2nd at IMLP. She was not in the top 10 out of T1 but has biked her way up to 5th (maybe 4th since Carrie Lester is in the penalty tent). My girl struggles to keep up on the swim but excels on the run (she's seriously fast). Right now, she's only 12 min back of Dede and closing. Go Jennie!

Kinda like Cait Snow 2.0?
OK, I'm on the team - GO JENNIE!!!

It appears the 56m updates aren't updating. Gah.
(ie - Andy Potts has no 56m split, nor does Dede, nor anyone else...)
That sucks.
At least the 30m (and hopefully again at 86m) mat seems to be working...

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Kinda like Cait Snow 2.0?
OK, I'm on the team - GO JENNIE!!!

It appears the 56m updates aren't updating. Gah.
(ie - Andy Potts has no 56m split, nor does Dede, nor anyone else...)
That sucks.
At least the 30m (and hopefully again at 86m) mat seems to be working...

Interesting observation. Jennie is also on the QT2 team. Maybe they have a preference for strong runners. She's still about 12 min back at the 56 mile point.

It looks like Potts has a 10 min lead on Daniel Fontana. The conditions are perfect for a fast day (if only someone had predicted that way earlier in the thread). Anyone know how Daniel runs?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The QT2 crew are ALL strong runners (Hi, Rich Burke! - whom I *just* realized is also racing LP today).

Speaking of strong runners, Casey Williams (whom I refer to as 'Josh Beck Lite') just moved into the top 10 OA in the AG ranks;he is a stud biker.
And speaking of Josh, no further splits for him after 30m on the bike.
Hope that's just a glitch, and he's OK (and going too fast to be picked up by the mats!! ;-)

Edited to add: Potts onto the run. He ran ~2:53 last year, on a hotter day.

AND - your G/F is now into 4th in the WPRO rankings thru 86m, about 10.5 mins back.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Jul 28, 13 9:12
Quote Reply

Prev Next