Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lets see your SHIV [nole-limit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nole-limit wrote:
is the bike completed and assembled yet? pics please...... did you use a clear coat after the mat-black?

hello

no all picture you see are the picture in live , the clear coat is for next monday , I receive the Di2 groupset next tuesday and start the integration of it next week end , be sure to have picture step by step as I've do before ;-)

thanks for your interress

king regards timtri13
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 179cm and have just ordered a small. I like to run my saddle quite low like Bert Grabsch.

There is only 15mm in reach between the sizes (s to xl)
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [alexZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexZA wrote:
I'm 179cm and have just ordered a small. I like to run my saddle quite low like Bert Grabsch.

There is only 15mm in reach between the sizes (s to xl)

really? what is your inseam? what is your stack & reach? long legs?

am i unusual somehow?

180cm, inseam ~82cm, 430 reach / 530 stack....

not questioning, just trying to figure out how i could possibly be steered toward an XL @ 5'11" yet others are riding a small frame.

ps according to what i see, the shiv TT has 390mm reach in small and 440mm in XL, so 50mm difference, not 15.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I don't have any good close up shots. If you PM me your email I'd be happy to send you some snaps.

Joe Santos at Davis Wheelworks set them up.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was looking at getting my Shiv(nosecone) I had the same dilemma as yourself except that my reach coordinates are the foreward armpad setting on the medium and the rearward setting on the large. As it turned out a medium became available and that made my decision for me. My only concern was going to be handling issues with the extra weight on the front wheel due to the shorter front centre but I am pleased to say it handles like a dream. I will say that if I had to run my saddle 5 cm behind the BB that there is no way I would fit on a large as my stack and reach coordinates were calculated on a 79 degree seat angle. I am 175 cm.
I hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I meant that there is 15 mm between each size. I'm hopin the bike fitter is right. He took one look at me and said I need a small! It's all on him, I just hope I'm not delayed waiting for a medium Shiv TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, I have a few UCI rules TTs every year so will need to be 5cm behind the bb. We'll see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you have a low saddle height and a short reach? Where does your height come from? Or am I misunderstanding the low saddle thing and you mean relative to your height?
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [curly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run a low seat height relative to my height. Especially since I started using low stack Bont Vaypors.

I have shortish arms, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bullermann [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you send your cranks to Quarq?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
purchased module with Quarq crank
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bullermann [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [Bullermann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bullermann wrote:

Congratulations, sir. And to imagine, I thought it was impossible to make a Shiv fugly . . . quite an accomplishment.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [The Wall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does these not have the internal fuel bladder? This is the nose cone one, ergo nothing in the down tube- or am I mixing that up? Also, I do not see this color option on the website.

"What do you mean your running shoes don't match your bike?"
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2

Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [KonaDreamer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very funny. Spit water all over my screen as I scrolled down to this gem. Unexpected, well played.

Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [timtri13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timtri13 can definitely tell you how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop. I am still waiting on mine, and would never have had the patience to put myself through that build. Amazing, really. When it comes, I wanna tear the paper off and mash.

Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [OCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OCD wrote:
Does these not have the internal fuel bladder? This is the nose cone one, ergo nothing in the down tube- or am I mixing that up? Also, I do not see this color option on the website.

these are both the TT version, the red/white one is a 2011 and the black one is a 2012 (which has no nose cone)
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [hardlem legend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hardlem legend wrote:
there's no problem, use the same hole from the brake, I have it inside and it makes the bike much cleaner

Hi. I am new to the forums - so hi guys (and girls).
I just got my Shiv (the faaast UCI-illegal one with bose cone) last week and want to Di2-it. How did you manage to do the internal cable routing? Have you done it by yourself or did you pay the grand the have a Calfee retrofit with seat post battery?

/Benjamin
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [deadsumo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I just have the battery inside the nose cone, it fits perfectly, not a single problem, just use the same hole for the brake cable...
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [hardlem legend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh i see.... and then cut'n'spliced the cables so the BB-junction is in the nose too?
And what about ease of charging the battery?
Quote Reply

Prev Next