Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lemond is cycling’s version of Rev Jessie Jackson.

http://www.excellentengineering.net
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [steve lubanski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uh, steve, he didn't gain ten pounds of muscle from x-c skiiing.

he gained two pounds of muscle from x-c skiiing, and 8 pounds of fat from chowing down all winter.

--

that said, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that Floyd Landis is guilty as sin. he sealed his fate with authority when he posted those "race to the bottom" comments on the net, and when he hired that "caller i.d. einstein" as a manager.

unfortunately, riding a bike real fast does not necessarily make one very bright. Floyd is as good as done ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [gffcom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the Lemond 1989 TT. As someone else stated it was slightly downhill, point to point and with the wind. It may also speak to the fact that the refinements in bike technology and training equipment and toys, of which you speak, really are just that - minor refinements. Lemond had all the essentials on that day and had the ultimate motivation - the will to win! I will note that, that same year both Mark Allan and Dave Scott came close to breaking 8:00 at IMH. If you looked at their equipment, and how they trained you would probably laugh, but they still recorded times that even some of the very best Long course athletes in the world, with supposedly superior equipment, training tools and toys at their disposal have never achieved at IMH.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: May 18, 07 6:48
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's crazy stuff. During this whole affair, I think I've been pretty open-minded and had issues with people who either (a) convicted him before the story was out, esp. with credibility issues with the lab or (b) said he was innocent without really knowing. A while ago, I posted something re all the issues and problems with the testing and that being a reason we can't yet declare him guilty. That still holds, there are a lot of issues to get through here. But jeez, your friend threatening or blackmailing a witness to prevent testimony sure screams of guilt. The Tribune story this morning (they took Bonnie DeSimone out of mothballs to report it, and she's pretty good) does a good job to note the Lemond history (after all, he's been out to get a lot of people, Floyd due to a reported confession, but Lance mostly on speculation which has hurt his credibility), and the fact that it would be a he-said/he-said accusation but for the threat which gives it some credence.

The unfortunate thing here is that the lab seemingly did not follow procedures (did you see the part about chain or custody and the tech being unable to explain unlogged testing HOURS?) and even if Floyd is exonerated, this tactic by his "friend" may be enough to (further) convict him in the court of public opinion. Without this recent issue, the case would be decided on the physical testing evidence, but it seems obvious that the threats have some impact on whether Floyd is to be believed.

Before I get emails and the like saying I am an idiot (you have no idea how often this happens), keep in mind that I am not saying he's guilty or innocent. There is much evidence left to be heard before that can be determined. Decisions should not be made as to criminal-like allegations before all evidence is heard. For all we know, the "prosecutor" has not yet even presented its strongest evidence, and surely Floyd has his expert ready to go once it's his turn to present evidence. The reality of this system is that the party pursuing the charges presents its evidence first, and the hope is that he will not be deemed guilty by some based on the exposure of all of this evidence before the defense even presents anything.

http://thechuckblog.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm embarrassed to be riding a Lemond frame."

I'm embarrassed to be riding a bicycle at all. As for Lemond, I have to say (and I generally dislike the guy) that Floyd is the real douchebag here. Not that I ever believed him, but this is right up there with Basso's claim that he only "planned" to dope.

Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Herniation Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But jeez, your friend threatening or blackmailing a witness to prevent testimony sure screams of guilt.[/quote]yup.

and knowing a bit about the hellish behavior of the L.A.P.D., i even gave o.j.simpson the benefit of the doubt, until...

i saw how hard o.j. was "looking for the real killer on his own".

unless golfing is some kind of new way of 'looking for a killer' ...

Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Slater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you serious? Does he represent Melanie M.? Checking her website I notice she is a big supporter of Floyd's - it appeared this was just based on her "understanding" of the facts of the case. Seems she trains with Floyd and from what you indicate may have even closer ties. Who else does he represent? Simon Whitifield also seems to have put his faith in Floyd as he has a link on his blog (simonwhitfield.blogspot.com) entitled "I believe him" that leads you to the Floyd Fairness Fund. Are these respected athletes part of the public battle being waged by Flody Inc.? This gets more confusing all the time!
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm embarrassed to be riding a bicycle at all.

yes. i said to my wife this morning that i'd favor a complete end to pro cycling for a couple of years. shutdown all the teams, end all the prize money, take it of (euro) TV. remove all the officials, get rid of all the current ADA setup as it applies to cycling. for 2 years, the big tours are all amateur events, no pro teams, no (or very little prize) money, no TV coverage. then let it slowly ramp back up with a clear understanding that doping is real, widespread and that there is a plan from the outset to deal with it (whatever it may be).

chance of this happening: zero.

but basically, they *all* look like idiots right now, all of them: ADA officials, race directors, team directors, team doctors, riders, ex-riders, the whole stinkin' mess of them. not to say that there are not some good guys in there amidst the mess, but there is NO way in hell anyone will be able to find them at present.

Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [johnnyperu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess this explains why so many people think Lemond is an angry little man. He's had a lot of shame and anger building up in him for a long time. I have nothing but respect for lemond now and truly wish that Floyd would just "man up" and admit his guilt. It's obvious to me based on Lemond's statements that Floyd is guilty. For all the people that think Lemond is adding to the circus, seriously what does Lemond have to gain by pulling this "stunt"?
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

In Reply To
But jeez, your friend threatening or blackmailing a witness to prevent testimony sure screams of guilt.[/quote]yup.

Yes, clealy carries more weight than actual evidence...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Martin C: May 18, 07 8:07
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm embarrassed to be riding a Lemond frame.

I'm considering buying a Lemond frame now....
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

In Reply To

Yes, clealy carries more weight than actual evidence...
The evidence has always been there...
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The arbitrators can impute the actions of his manager to Floyd if they want to."

never mind the arbitrators.. Floyd is the only one Lemond told his secret to. Floyd told Will. That in my mind was a despicable breach of confidence, and I no longer care what happens to Floyd, in fact I'm rooting for his defeat, shame and disgrace. I wanted to believe Floyd, but if he's capable of this, he's probably capable of doping too.

The peleton makes a pretty picture against the mountains or sunflower fields, but it's not much different from pro wrestling, inside. Luckily there's not enough money in triathlon to corrupt it so thoroughly.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Last edited by: doug in co: May 18, 07 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if any of you find it a bit odd that Lemond would tell someone he acknowledged not personally knowing that he had been sexually abused?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Luckily there's not enough money in triathlon to corrupt it so thoroughly.[/quote]you might be surprised ...

Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [turn n' burn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
The evidence has always been there...[/reply]

Exactly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, your Jesse Jackson-Greg Lemond analogy is f'n hilarious. Time to photograph the apology...
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I for one welcome the drugs and doping..

PROVIDED the athletes fully disclose what they are up to.

Its fascinating to see what science + effort can do. We welcome carbon fiber bikes, weight training, scientifically controlled diets.

Bring on the EPO and steroids, fly up the mountains, but quit lying about it.

Do what bodybuilding does, have a racing series for the dopers and one for the clean guys =)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote of the year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg Lemond just testified under oath that Floyd Landis paid a hitman to kill tugboat who was in fact a twin dog to Frank VDB's dog. Their vet happened to be Raimondas Rumsas' mother whose assistant and personal provider was Raimondas' wife. Greg also said that Victor Conte was their teacher in vet school along with Dr. Mabuse in Europe and they were sexually abused. However, it is still unclear who makes Dieter Baumann's toothpaste
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Herniation Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll never really know and that's sad. What's even more sad is that it takes these kind of sordid details to put the sport of cycling and doping back on the front page at CNN.com. Definitely not a move in the right direction.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Slowman: May 18, 07 8:57
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joke all you want but telling the world that you were MOLESTED AT AGE 6 is a one the bravest acts ever....
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will you please amend your post, in accordance with forum rules, so to show only the first paragraph or two followed by a link to the rest of the story. right, there, first thread, "things to know about this forum." it's worth a read.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next