Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy who made the call to Lemond is in some deep trouble. He will do some time for that. Witness tampering is a big deal. Sure it is just a private arbitration but it is being followed world wide so the local prosecutor won't let it slide.

Also, this little stunt may have ended whatever slim chance Floyd had of getting off. There whole case was based on "we are the good guys and the doping agencies are incompetent and maybe evil." Now Floyd is threatening witnesses. The arbitrators can impute the actions of his manager to Floyd if they want to.

A general rule of thumb in the legal biz is that any time you have to ask your client to deny under oath that he had one of his posse threaten a witness it means your case is toast ;-)
Last edited by: STP: May 17, 07 18:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus H Christ Ammighty, I think I just threw up in my mouth. Seriously, what the hell is going on here? I mean, seriously, this is a nightmare and yet another example of pissheads clouding what should be a civil proceeding. We've made a mockery of ourselves around the world with regard to our foregin policy and now in the way arbitration cases are hanlded. What does the rest of the world think of us now?

Can we talk about Jens Voight now or some other guy running on goods and guts, not synthetic crap.
Last edited by: Bobcatbob: May 17, 07 18:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess Geoghegan also reps a few other athletes including the Xterra champ...chick from Canada? I bet they sure are happy with him?!?!?!?!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Lemond has made a lot of public statements about Lance and other cyclists doping that are purely his opinion. I dont think he is credible at all. He seems to want to do anything to stay in the spotlight, but again, this is just my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What I want to know is how did the french lab have access to Geoghegan's cell phone...
rotflmao...excellent post...
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Bill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Videos will be available following the conclusion of each day's proceedings"

I was going to watch this while on the trainer tonight for laughs, but the message I get is "The server has reached the maximum number of connections, please try later"

If only there was a grand tour on TV to watch instead...oh wait there is, but that would be so boring compared to court tv.

Mike D
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Kiri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
----------------

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Bobcatbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jens "rules" class act, and is the peoples champion. nice that other folks see that as well!
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Laver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If one gets a chance, watch the 1989 world championships. After a unbeleivable finish, the father of the new world champion, Greg Lemond, is the first one to reach him. What does he do, hug and embrace him, no he whispers in his ear for a number of seconds. I would shell out some serious bling to no what was said.

Steve
SMp
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [MarcK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
aThis is sad to hear for so many reasons. I feel awful for Greg. It's incredible how much personal abuse he has faced for trying to talk openly bout doping.

If this is true, I'm so glad that Landis has nearly bankrupted himself in his defense. Someone who would break that kind of confidence deserves no success in life and no sympathy.

-Marc
This is a man who once said he gained 10lbs of upper body mass, by cross country skiing one winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
couldn't agree more. in 1999, the Wisconsin Cycling Association had Lemond speak at its' year-end banquet. Following the speech, a drunk Lemond came up to me and asked, "Where are the good lesbian dance clubs in this city? I always have good luck there." yeesh and creepy.

seamus
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [seamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can assure you that being attracted to naked women does not make you a doper, or even a bad person.

Also did you happen to catch the name of the club?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [seamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't it seem odd that all of these cyclists keep confessing to LeMond that they doped, even though they know that he'll go to the press? Certainly, after LeMond claimed that Lance said to him "everyone does it," it seems a safe asumption that Floyd would be very careful in anything he said to LeMond. I have don't know whether Floyd doped or not, but I know that I don't believe anything LeMond says. It doesn't make sense to me that both Lance and Floyd, neither of whom had good relationships with LeMond, would say one thing to the world but something very different to Greg LeMond.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [steve lubanski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gaining 10 LBS of muscle in the offseason is totally possible. I gained 20 LBS of muscle my freshman year of college.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Greg deserved to have Floyd Landis (through his manager) tell the world that he was molested? Face it, Landis is a huge dick and the tests have shown he has doped.

Here's a second shitty thing Landis did--- Reading through his blog post, it sounds to anyone that he is insinuating Lemond admitted he doped, when in reality he admitted to having being molested. Here's an extract from it:
". . .Unfortunately, the facts that he divulged to me in the hour which he spoke and gave no opportunity for me to do the same, would damage his character severely and I would rather not do what has been done to me. However, if he ever opens his mouth again and the word Floyd comes out, I will tell you all some things that you will wish you didn't know and unfortunately I will have entered the race to the bottom which is now in progress. . .'
How would being molested damage your character? That's a clear implication that Lemond admitted to having doped. Landis is a disgrace.

In Reply To:
In Reply To:
This is sad to hear for so many reasons. I feel awful for Greg. It's incredible how much personal abuse he has faced for trying to talk openly about doping.

-Marc
Oh, bullshit. What does admitting alleged abuse have to with talking about doping???? The abuse he has taken has been well deserved and it has nothing to do with this.

De-tri-mental- If they can prove that Will's call was known by any of Landis' team then it should have a negative affect, if not it shouldn't. Come on, nobody has had a loyal friend do something stupid to try and help them?
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 years as a top pro cyclist, close current ties to the cycling community, what the hell does Greg Lemond know about cycling anyway. . . That's kind of like asking Cal Ripken to comment on Barry Bonds. Wait a minute, that would make sense. Cal Ripken probably could shed light on the culture of drugs in baseball if he ever decided to help out in that area.

Lemond earned the right to be considered an expert. People throw shit at him because he goes against the grain. Most of his bitching has a good basis. He was driven out of the sport a couple years early by dopers.

-Marc

In Reply To:

"I feel awful for Greg. It's incredible how much personal abuse he has faced for trying to talk openly about doping."
- - I think he deserves every bit of it. Like Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, Greg Lemond had his day. Now it's time for him to STFD and STFU, because this is not about him and I guarantee he doesn't have one relevant word to offer as to Landis' guilt or innocence...

And yet he has somehow managed to thrust himself into the picture.

Go away Greg. You were a great cyclist who can't admit that it's over. THAT is what's sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, gaining ten pounds of upper body muscle doing an arobic activity is not.
Steve SMp
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [steve lubanski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's also the story of a great cyclist, who was hurt in an accident. He is rushed to a hospital, minutes from bleeding to death. After surgery, doctors are reluctant to give blood, because something is wrong with the blood supply But woow there is this NEW drug called Epo, and it can help with red blood reproduction. Years later, and the end of this riders carear, an explanation is given, mitrochondra myopithy. Babies get mit. myo. and then they die.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"And right after these messages ( from Balco and friends ), we'll be back with today's episode of "AS THE WHEEL TURNS ".

Stay tuned !

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cycling has turned into a circus. WADA, Puerto, UCI vs. Protour, Lemonds mouth. For years now...... every time Lemond would come out with unsubstantiated public assaults on peoples character.... I would tell my friends "that guy has a little bit of Dick Pound in him"

Lemond should take a cue from Eddy Merckx, who not only knows Landis, but gave him a pep talk the night after his meltdown on stage 16 (and before the positive test on stage 17). Merckx (who is on good terms with Landis) was quite clear about the whole mess not being his business.

BRUSSELS (AFP) - Five-time Tour de France champion Eddy Merckx said Thursday that he would not testify at the arbitration hearing of Floyd Landis, the 2006 Tour champion accused of doping, in Los Angeles
"What would I do over there?" asked the Belgian cycling legend, who had been called by the Landis defence team.
"I know nothing about this business and I don't see how I could help enlighten it," he said, quoted by the Belga news agency.
"I'm wondering moreover why they invited me to come and testify" before a three-man panel of the American Arbitration Association that will rule on the case put by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) against Landis.
"I am a complete stranger to this business and I don't want to be mixed up in it, neither from close-up nor faraway. I have nothing to say about it and so I will not testify," said Merckx, whose son Axel rode in Landis's Phonak team during the 2006 Tour.

On the one hand, you have Eddy Merckx, who was physically there, and who has said publicly he believes Floyd, but who shows some class and wants no part of the circus.

On the other hand, you have Greg Lemond, who despite having never met Landis, and before any actual facts were released, made a public statement (on the very night the charges were leaked) that Floyd should "admit that he did it for the good of the sport". Now he goes into the trial and and wants his very own ring under the Big Top........ WHAT A SCUMBAG!
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [gffcom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Despite having just posted condemning Lemond for making unsubstantiated allegations, Here a few things to think about. Sometimes "I think he doth protest too much". I wonder if Lemond is over compensating by being so outspoken.... it kind of reminds me of Ted Haggerty railing against gays while secretly having a male lover. So.... think about this: Lemond rode what became the fastest time trial in tour history in 1989 at 54.545 kph. You probably know the story...It was the final stage of the tour, and he was able to make up 58 seconds on Laurent Fignon to win the tour by 8 seconds (the closest margin of victory ever). He had an aero helmet, a disk on his rear wheel, and clip on aero bars. As triathletes, we know what an advantage these can be. Lemond has also said he took an IV drip of what he said were "B-vitamins" before the stage. His record stood until 2005 when Dave Zabriske rode at 54.676 (thats only .131 kph faster on a TT that was shorter than 30k). Lemonds record stood for sixteen years (and he still has the second fastest tour TT ever) despite advances which brought testing in wind tunnels, TT specific bikes, power meters and heart rate monitors, TT specialialist Miguel Indurain, Lance Armstrong, newer and more sophisticated training methods, Much more sophisticated nutritional regimens, endless hours in labs (especially by Lance) trying to shave a second here or there with everything from smaller Q factor cranks to dimpled skin suits. It also stood despite an admitted EPO fueled ride by David Millar (2003 54.359 kph), and a possible (likely?) dope fueled 53.642 kph effort by Jan Ullrich in 2000. Not only that, there has only been one prologue (which is less that 8km) that was faster than Lemonds TT effort (Christopher Boardman in 1994, 55.152). (I got most of my my numbers here http://www.cvccbike.com/tour/eddy/tts.htm). I realize that Lemond was a gifted rider, but I still wonder how his record stood so long. I wonder...... what did Lemond do on that final day to win the tour that makes him go after other riders with such vengance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That time trial was downhill with a tailwind. How often does that happen in the Tour?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You forget that Merckx himself once tested positive for drug use. Classy, or just complicit?

It's interesting that Lemond is the target of so much venom because he is so outspoken about drugs, but the same people have no venom for Landis' manager using the most despicable tactic imaginable. Lucky for us, his sleaziness is exceeded only by his stupidity. Curious how if Landis is such a wonderful guy how he associates with such a person, or makes those comments he made on that message board. Come on now, does anyone really believe Landis is innocent? But if folks can still believe Tyler is innocent I supppose anything is possible to believe in. Oh yeah, and Lance is a saint...

There's a lot of folks that will search hell or high water to find ways to believe in any American cyclist accused of drug use. But the moment someone comes clean and breaks the culture of silence, like Frankie Andreu, he's treated like dirt.

I think some of you folks need to look in the mirror and realize that you are tacitly supporting the continued prevalence of rampant fraud and cheating in professional cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm embarrassed to be riding a Lemond frame.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't wait for today's episode when Landis finds out he has an uncle who is an oil tycoon and wears an eye patch. Also, Landis' mother and Lemond's wife get in a catfight after one throws a drink in the other's face.
Quote Reply

Prev Next