Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possible hell! It's PROBABLE! :)

Seriously, this is just too crazy!

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For once it will be a TV using a Cycling event...unlike Tyler Hamilton who used the CSI episode where a guy gets away with it (initially) because he is a genetic chimera...
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is even better than the Lavender Room.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they can prove that Will's call was known by any of Landis' team then it should have a negative affect, if not it shouldn't. Come on, nobody has had a loyal friend do something stupid to try and help them?

'Landis' team'? 'loyal friend'? In the Velonews report, Will is identified as Landis' business manager. Doesn't that make him more than just a friend, and actually part of the team?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would seem that "message board comments" have been entered as evidence in the hearing. People may want to think twice about what they are posting up. It may come back to haunt them one day!!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. Defamation is defamation: http://www.usatoday.com/...efamation-case_x.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In amongst this major weirdness, how about this little detail from Velonews:

The '06 Tour champ was dressed in all black (tie, shirt and suit), following three days during which he had sported a yellow tie, but said privately he would wear black if and when LeMond testified.

Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [bcreager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Some of Bob Rolls classic over-exuberant commentary would make a great addition to the proceedings....I'm not sure I want to know any of his "secrets" though.

Hell, the way things are going, the defense might call Roll and Merkx to the stand before its all over!

-bcreager

actually eddy is on the list of possible witnesses for the defense. i hope he goes in there and slaps Lemond around as a "cycling tactics expert"

i grew up with lemond as the hero of my youth cycling, but over the years have grown to see him as an attention whore, who can't get over stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help my agency save babies. visit our March of Dimes website:
http://www.walkamerica.org/torresagency
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm lost, who hid who's weenie??

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Well... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...now we know what Lemond was ON when he won...it still doesnt answer the question IF Landis was on anything...

Just my ..ahem..."input"...
-Ron

I have deceptive speed...I'm slower than I look.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [etocaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go. More details.

http://www.nbcsports.com/.../1519529/detail.html

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are making the heroic assumption that Greg is telling the truth. He has a history of serious embellishment.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is just a secret code in cycling for: "You are a dead man".

Wait until Basso takes the stand. Plenty of black ties on cyclists, I bet.

Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe like Gerard thinks this is the best cycling photo ever:

However, I reckon this one of FL is just great too:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this kind of stuff makes me look like I am very normal person

dirt
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
It would seem that "message board comments" have been entered as evidence in the hearing. People may want to think twice about what they are posting up. It may come back to haunt them one day!![/reply]

Perhaps slowman can start a new board and in order to post, all posts must be done under oath. This would prevent the need for anyone but perhaps slowman (to attest to the oaths) to ever show up in court some day.

I hereby attest all my posts are the truth, the whole truth (mostly). :-)

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If soap opera fans knew we had this kind of drama in sports, Days of our Lives would get cancelled tomorrow! The only way this could get any juicier is if LeMond testified that he's Tyler's vanishing twin.

--------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Geoghegan is a full blown Amish fresh of the farm ...so he may have just gotten his first phone.....so Caller ID is still a pipe dream ; )

In Reply To:
How stupid is Geoghegan?! Has that stupid f*ck never heard of caller id?!!!!!! They should throw his ass in jail for just being dumb.
Use a pay-phone next time, Einstein.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lemond - "Lance didnt have a dad??? Yeah? Yeah? Well at least his dad did not fondle his pee pee"

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it must have been the game called "let's hide Le-weenie"
Last edited by: MLSimpson: May 17, 07 17:21
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I hereby attest all my posts are the truth, the whole truth"

Frank,

My acid test has always been - would I say that to that person if I was standing in front of then in the same room or would I say that if I was speaking publicly to a group of people? If you use that test, and you are arational and commonsense person, you should be OK.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ESPN reported that the business manager was "fired" following Greg Lemond's direct examination. I suspect that is one way of strongly indicating that you are not ratifying the conduct of an agent.

"That marked the end of LeMond's brief testimony.

After the break, Suh said in court that Geoghegan was fired."

Of some concern is the characterization of Mr. Lemond's recollection of a phone conversation from nine months ago as an implicit admission of wrongdoing. Unless we get the full context of the testimony from the new reports, I am inclined to give the "admission" about as much probative value as Ralph Macchio's statement in My Cousin Vinny : " I shot the clerk."
(If anybody has access to the transcript of the hearing, I would like to see a link)

What is disturbing is Mr. Lemond's failure to allow himself to be cross-examined on issues which are clearly relevant to his credibility as a witness--his previous statements concerning another cyclist in the context of alleged drug use. If I were the trier of fact in this case, I would like to know more about why I should believe or not believe this witness.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My word. Does anyone have ANY idea what the relevance of this, or anything Greg has to say, to whether or not Floyd used testosterone?

The primary reason Lemond was testifying (for USADA's request) was the following conversation, which Lemond supposedly had last August with Landis:

<snip>
LeMond said he urged Landis to come clean if, in fact, his backup “B” sample also came back tainted.

He said he encouraged Landis to help his sport and “more importantly, help himself.”
“At this point, he said, ’I don’t see anything that ... what good would it do? If I did, it would destroy a lot of my friends and hurt a lot of people,”’ LeMond testified.
<snip>

And the lastest from today:

MALIBU, Calif. - Floyd Landis’ sleepy, scientific arbitration hearing morphed into a pulp-fiction blockbuster Thursday, replete with revelations of sexual abuse, allegations of threatening phone calls and even a Donald Trump-style firing.
It came courtesy of Landis’ fellow American Tour de France champion Greg LeMond, who disclosed he had been sexually abused as a child and received a call Wednesday from Landis’ manager who threatened to reveal the secret if LeMond showed up to testify.
Shortly after LeMond dropped those bombshells, the manager, Will Geoghegan, walked up to LeMond, apologized and admitted he made the call, LeMond said. Which led to “You’re fired” — the message Landis attorney Maurice Suh gave to Geoghegan while they were still standing in the hearing room. <snip>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18705368/

If you haven't read this yet, you really ought to. There are other points that haven't even been mentioned. Particularly, Landis's lawyers tried to ask Lemond aobut his legal case against Armstrong, which Lemond declined on advice of his laywer (present at the hearing) and also objected to by the USADA lawyers. Landis's lawyers than objected that it went towards Lemonds' motivation, and if they weren't allowed to question the Armstrong issues, that Lemonds' testimony be stricken entirely.

If this makes it to Law and Order, and I think it will since we have already had an Apprentice moment, someone has to get killed somewhere along the line (speaking only about the tv show plot, not for real). Key candidates are the manager with the cell phone (duh) (after the call but before the call is made public in court), the French lab manager (duh), Lemond, or a lawyer (either side).

OTOH, I am waiting for Lord Voldemort to make an appearance.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, then there's this

Man, 'Roid really needs some better operatives....

You couldn't make a more bizarre story if you tried.
Quote Reply
Re: Lemond drops bomb on Landis hearing [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would assume so...many civil cases require arbitration first and therefore they have similar rules including evidentiary, therefore I would assume it would be similar to civil/criminal cases, though I'm not certain.

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply

Prev Next