Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
3845 is enough without any 70.3 results. Now he has validated and can focus on Kona, still not bad for the hoff!

Yes, Hoffman should be pretty well in Kona or really close. Does anyone know how many points you get now for a regional championship this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree bluefever! He undoubtedly was disappointed as he crossed the finish line as I believe he really saw a podium in him for sure and from what i"ve seen from him in interviews he was gunning for the win. Amazing talent and I can only see him getting better. I believe a good 70.3 result and he is in Kona. Awesome to see what his race plan for 2018 is and his next steps will be exciting!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alfredo wrote:
Totally agree bluefever! He undoubtedly was disappointed as he crossed the finish line as I believe he really saw a podium in him for sure and from what i"ve seen from him in interviews he was gunning for the win. Amazing talent and I can only see him getting better. I believe a good 70.3 result and he is in Kona. Awesome to see what his race plan for 2018 is and his next steps will be exciting!

Wurf already had over 2800 KPR points before the race today. I would think he accrued enough more today to get into Kona with no more racing if he chose to.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe this was the first of 8 full distance 140.6 races Cam has planned for the year...

At a certain point, you’d think that ~15 plus Ironman races in 2 seasons catches up with you, wouldn’t it?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
I believe this was the first of 8 full distance 140.6 races Cam has planned for the year...

At a certain point, you’d think that ~15 plus Ironman races in 2 seasons catches up with you, wouldn’t it?

What are Cam's next races? This is awesome news if you are Lionel and Sebi....Cam just becomes your super domestique because he can never be a threat on the run on the Petr Vanbrousek plan!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear! He could focus on doing several 70.3 testing himself in deep fields whilst working on his run speed without going through a 2017 season where he did multiple 140.6 and I would think his body felt during and post Kona. Really exciting for what's coming! Quite possibly 2018 generating more hype than I ever remember for a previous Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Believe me, I hope you are 100% right and I am wrong - just looked incredibly uncomfortable out there. A 6:42 hike with a bad back sucks no matter what. I mean...I have no idea. If my back was hurt and I was hobbling, I wouldn't have walked a marathon.

In the end, heal up Hoff, and he's into Kona without blasting his legs with a marathon and we can assume that the back will sort itself out. Save his best for October!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was one of the interviews on IM talk last week. Similiar slate to last year, IIRC correctly, but also Roth.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Believe me, I hope you are 100% right and I am wrong - just looked incredibly uncomfortable out there. A 6:42 hike with a bad back sucks no matter what. I mean...I have no idea. If my back was hurt and I was hobbling, I wouldn't have walked a marathon.

In the end, heal up Hoff, and he's into Kona without blasting his legs with a marathon and we can assume that the back will sort itself out. Save his best for October!

Brent

Sorry, I did not realize his back was hurt. That's a different problem. Hopefully it can heal up before Kona!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:

Yep usually does. Shortening the length of his career for sure. Hopefully he can strike while the iron is hot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
MadTownTRI wrote:

What are Cam's next races? This is awesome news if you are Lionel and Sebi....Cam just becomes your super domestique because he can never be a threat on the run on the Petr Vanbrousek plan!

i can only assume then that cam is looking to take 2 years of building IM race experience and target real results in 2019 (unless he is some freak who thrives on killing himself - cyclists often do but running is typically more damaging).
i can see some logic in that approach but that being so, i'd like to see him ride a bit more conservatively so he can have a real IM run - get the run going and then build the bike back to full power.

regardless, he's one of many making racing very interesting so great to see
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Challenge Roth for Lucy Charles this summer.

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [Speckled Hen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speckled Hen wrote:
Challenge Roth for Lucy Charles this summer.

Is Felix going to get Daniela Ryf on the startline at Roth too? That would be awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:

Did you just see Kawauchi at Boston. That guy seems to race a marathon every other week while working full time.

But I agree. That plan certainly doesn't work for everyone and it would be wise to play it with caution.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
MadTownTRI wrote:

Yep usually does. Shortening the length of his career for sure. Hopefully he can strike while the iron is hot.

Pink: How long does his ironman career need to be?
Coming from rowing and cycling already, maybe he is going for the olympics in xc skiing.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cam's interview at the IM Talk podcast is very interesting.

His race schedule for this year is almost unbelieveable, but he says he is used to doing a lot of very big training days and a many of said races are gonna be approached like a training day. Not that I know of many pro's training regimes, but His training also seems very extreme.

Anyway, it's interesting that he mentions that since he is 34 he hasn't got a lot of time to ease into it while Talanksy is taking the exact opposite route. I guess Andrew is a bit younger, but stil...
Quote Reply

Prev Next