Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what happened, but he's walking.
Yeah I know he will most likely slow down quite a bit, I just know that is a big motivator for him, so I think he will be going for it either way! Buckingham looks good.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rock wrote:
Has something happened with Hoffman? Looks like his first 2.6km or whatever took over 20 min?

I'm a big fan of Wurf, but no way is he holding that pace. Ii my hoping he can run 2:55, that should put him in the mix here

He looked horrible off the bike, commentators said his back was all strapped up.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just showing him walking and talking--doesn't even look comfortable walking---they are discussing his fall at Cape Epic race.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Wurf will be caught pretty soon, hopefully he will hold on to third at least.
Lucy is still running fast!

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wurf down to 4th.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The coverage rocks for a change. I like seeing the four lap format seeing the leader lapping guys who are 9 hour ironmen at the end of lap four. Josh just passed Lucy kid of cool they can see how each others races are going.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah too bad, he looked good until halfway, so it seems likely his running base just isn't there yet.
2nd for Burgs is gonna be great for his kpr hunt.
Also looks like Hoffman is pulling a Frodeno, Major props!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Yeah too bad, he looked good until halfway, so it seems likely his running base just isn't there yet.
2nd for Burgs is gonna be great for his kpr hunt.

Wow, I just tuned in (serves me right for sleeping in) and South African Kyle Buckingham has pulled past everyone and is having the race of hiis life. He's just out of Nelson Mandela University and down to the final 2K "victory lap" along the ocean front! This should be a low 8:1x for Kyle with Josh 3 min behind!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The finish was awesome to watch! Must have felt amazing for him, the race of his life in his hometown.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
The finish was awesome to watch! Must have felt amazing for him, the race of his life in his hometown.

Let's see if these screen captures work...hopefully it gets some of you excited for 70.3 World's in the same place

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chapeau to Josh, well paced and solid day all around

Bummed out that I lost track of time and slept in for the bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Podium: Congrats to Kyle, first IM win since his win at IMLP

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nice run by Kyle: 2:48, Josh 2:53, Wurf: 3:05

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 15, 18 6:09
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And LP Stormo as well, 2:53 and 8:42 for top amateur...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lucy Charles' sub 5 bike and 3:05 run feels like it can be enough to put her in contention with Ryf at Kona. Lucy is only 24 and her run will just get better, but with that swim she does not need to run sub 2:55. I think if she runs close to 3 hours in Kona with a men's front pack equivalent swim (she swam 47.5 and Josh did 46.5), she can just win the race by T2. Also keep in mind last year she did Lanza + Frankfurt+Kona all at full throttle. I wonder what her schedule is this year. Hopefully she is more fresh for Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Sean H wrote:
oscaro wrote:
I believe they are compression calf sleeves, and yeah she does seem to be very focused on being as slippery as possible. Her T1 was around 45s slower than the others, but if that saves her a few watts she makes it up quickly.

I was curious how long it took her to put all that on, that’s not too bad at all. And when you get a 5 min gap you can afford to do so.

The IM instagram post with swim start videos is amazing, Lucy dropped all those girls in less than 50m. She was hauling.

Lucy and Daniela are going to fight this year in Kona. I think Lucy is going to start winning.

She's only going to get better Lucy, maybe not this year but maybe next it's going to be not much between them?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Thanks for the photos.

Wurf looked unhappy crossing the line, didn't he? I think he expected more. I thought he had a good race.

Kyle Buckingham looked very good on the run, and it was nice to see the emotion at the end.

The coverage was good as well, it's a shame they don't have it more often. What made a real difference vs Hawaii was having good co-commentators. Jame Cunnama (spelling?) was really good! As was the other guest (was it Tissink?). Lots of time explaining the working of the race, and they knew who was who - they far outdid the Hawaii commentary.

And what a scenic race!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Lucy Charles' sub 5 bike and 3:05 run feels like it can be enough to put her in contention with Ryf at Kona. Lucy is only 24 and her run will just get better, but with that swim she does not need to run sub 2:55. I think if she runs close to 3 hours in Kona with a men's front pack equivalent swim (she swam 47.5 and Josh did 46.5), she can just win the race by T2. Also keep in mind last year she did Lanza + Frankfurt+Kona all at full throttle. I wonder what her schedule is this year. Hopefully she is more fresh for Kona.

What was Lucy's final time, how much did she win by, what place OA, who finished 2nd and 3rd among the women, etc??? The IM web site has no results up yet. Thanks!!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed the first half, doesn’t look like I can jump back to the start. Anyone able to do this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:

I REALLY wish Hoffman pulled the plug. He was in a huge bit of pain. Frodo went 4:0X jogging and cheering people on. Hoffman was, 6:42? And every step looked like it hurt. That's just not a great thing to do to the body. I respect the heck out of Ben for doing it...I just wish he didn't for recovery and longevity of it all.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [JanneK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume she is rocking the Aeria stem buried in there, and what looks like the Enve bars with some very custom arm/elbow rests, plenty of tilt, etc. Also note the Endura suit.

Being a brit, my guess is that she went to see Simon Smart.

This makes me rethink my previous decision not to bother designing up a way to mount the Aeria to my Shiv, which is currently rocking Ventus II bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think a 6:42 hike is a quick recovery in that he basically did a hard swim-bike and a long walk. No pounding, just some dehyration. Good on him for finishing. I just checked Hoffman's KPR and he has 3845 points with no points from 70.3. If he wins a 70.3 or better yet, gets some good points at a 70.3 regional championship he ends up with enough points to qualify for Kona and does not need to do another Ironman, so the the long walk may pan out to be a good strategic move.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Front Pack Rehearsal at IM South Africa: Amberger - Wurf [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah Wurf did not look happy.
I think the best part of the race was when he ran out of his way to find a trash can when he was in the lead

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3845 is enough without any 70.3 results. Now he has validated and can focus on Kona, still not bad for the hoff!

Quote Reply

Prev Next