Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Maryland roll call [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a link to the water temps in the area. I think it'll be close. Temps for the next week or so are mid to high 70s. If we can get a good rain before the race it might drop the temps into wetsuit legal territory.

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=camm2
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland roll call [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well jeez, guess I need to be prepared for both scenarios. What is the rule on the swim, can men swim in just tri shorts? Or does the torso need to be covered? I looked in the rules and don't see the same wording they have on the run, just wanted to make sure. I don't have a lot of confidence in swim skins, so thinking just wearing tri shorts and putting aero top on in T1 might be a good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland roll call [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See you there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I honestly don't know about the shirt rule. I have never heard that you can't swim without a top on. I've done Eagleman before that wasn't wetsuit legal and I swam without a shirt. I was actually thinking about asking the forum whether the tri-top that I have is ok to swim in or if I should put it on in T1. I've done that before and it was a pain to put on when wet and in a hurry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed; putting on a tri top when wet is a magic trick in itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 wk!
Slowtwitch twitch meet point on Fri?
Time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm no threat to podium so I may wear a wet suit regardless and go off in last wave. But temps need to come down about 1.5 degrees Dept on the testing spot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be volunteering on the run course again this year! Always a fun time, and I look forward to cheering you all on!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland roll call [AnnRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ann! I will be the really sweaty guy! 😜
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water is brackish so you will be a little more buoyant than in the pool so might help your decision.

Also found a more favorable website for water temperature haha. Scroll down and you'll see predicted water temperatures
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ofs/ofs_station.shtml?stname=Choptank%20River%20Entrance&ofs=cb&stnid=NULL&subdomain=0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Water is brackish so you will be a little more buoyant than in the pool so might help your decision.

Also found a more favorable website for water temperature haha. Scroll down and you'll see predicted water temperatures
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ofs/ofs_station.shtml?stname=Choptank%20River%20Entrance&ofs=cb&stnid=NULL&subdomain=0

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/...NULL&subdomain=0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Thanks Ann! I will be the really sweaty guy! 😜

I guess that make me the slow one....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've hit 76 degrees today...hoping the drop in temperature sticks through the week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I saw that. With some cloud cover and light rain projected for most of the week I'm hoping it's good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice that they don't have Maryland on the Ironman tracker yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone ready for tomorrow? Winds were picking up today while I was dropping off the bike. Luckily it looked like the swim area was a little protected from the winds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ready to go.

Assuming everyone is aware of the bike course change due to high tides. Very happy they were able to keep it mostly the same and still 112 miles with the additional out and back.

Updated map: https://m.facebook.com/...934868260522/?type=3

tricalculator.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland roll call [mlbTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooooh thanks for the heads up! That would have really messed with my mind going that far out in the beginning of the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good afternoon IronMarylanders!

Good luck and enjoy your day tomorrow. Mother Nature seems to have a lull in between her tantrums here at the moment, and you're going to be treated to some of the best weather our area has had in literally MONTHS. Dry conditions for you once you're out of the Choptank!

I'll be volunteering in the finish chute as a catcher tomorrow afternoon and evening. Please arrive to me in one piece and without any non-clear bodily fluids on your person ;) I'll be the lady in the dutch braid pigtails, Rainbow running capris, and IMLoo finisher hat. Let me know what you'll be wearing (or let me know your bib number) so I can cheer extra hard for you when you come our way.

Enjoy your evening, get some rest, and have a fantastic race!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland roll call [mlbTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also it seems to be slightly longer than the original course. (according to some quick strava routing and if the actual turn around is at the fire station)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your bib number
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland roll call [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for volunteering! I’m #51, will be wearing white sleeveless run top with SWCC across the chest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck Sean, I'll be tracking you on race day, you'll kill it!

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland roll call [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Scott!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#222.... DeSoto checkered top
Quote Reply

Prev Next