Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

I’m on mobile and couldn’t really tell.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]

Anyone know where she plans to run later tyoday? If I get bored at work I might go get a look at this circus with my own eyes. No way I'm taking the bait and following her social media accounts.
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Aug 15, 18 6:46

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]

I’m curious if she’s going to draft off her coach on the bike today. I’m not saying she will as they’re being transparent about things so I don’t want to make an assumption. But if she does that will make a huge difference. Drafting or no drafting I’m not interested in 112 miles on the bike for 50 straight days

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]

Is she publishing her routes in each state. She'll be up my way next week. May jump in on the run for a bit if the timing works out.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
mickison wrote:
rjrankin wrote:
She claims with stops to talk to people. I’ll reserve judgement until they post data but 1:24 seems fast if that includes her “breaks”. I’d buy 1:24 moving time

Yeah. She has video of her resting talking to another swimmer. It’s possible she’s pausing her watch while resting.

At the end of that video you can actually see her watch is still going while she is talking with her friend.

Given the nature of the challenge she's set herself why would you not post any footage of you actually swimming, just a video of yourself talking to another swimmer?

Do we think there will be any to see of her biking and running?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

As far as I'm concerned she can draft a bus all day every day. You still can't hide from 26(ish) miles on your feet for however many days.

TH3_FRB wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
That’s kinda what I meant by organized chaos. Just what yest she was starting at 5 or 5:30am, and then it was 6am start? 20 mins here and 30 mins there for an 15+ IM athlete adds up.

Another fine example of piss-poor planning. She swam here at one of the rec centers in VB. They don't open until 6am. Apparently they didn't know that until they showed up at 5?

Did she take Anytime Fitness or 24Hours Fitness at their word?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ In reply to ]

Curious why she isn't using a TT bike or at least some deeper wheels, you'd think you would want to have every possible advantage.

TH3_FRB wrote:
Another fine example of piss-poor planning. She swam here at one of the rec centers in VB. They don't open until 6am. Apparently they didn't know that until they showed up at 5?

B_Doughtie wrote:
That’s kinda what I meant by organized chaos. Just what yest she was starting at 5 or 5:30am, and then it was 6am start? 20 mins here and 30 mins there for an 15+ IM athlete adds up.

doesn't she live in virginia beach? And it took me all of 15 seconds max to find the hours for where she swam. I'm assuming they'll verify that information for the next location...maybe

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [monty] [ In reply to ]

Don't for get that it's 18.4 mph on a MTB, in the dark, and on crappy road. Just imagined how fast she would have been in daylight and smooth roads :)

monty wrote:
Do you have any evidence to support your claims she didn't complete the ride or run? //

Evidence, that seems to be an area where she lacks quite heavily when it comes to what she is doing and how far( and dont expect it to get any better). But one look at her swim stroke and I can tell you that she is light years from an hour Ironman swimmer. And didn't someone post an 18.4 mile per hour average? And on a MTB? I would expect if she did do 112 unassisted miles, it would be in the 13 to 14mph range at best. I didn't say anything about her run, just when it quacks like a duck, well you know the rest....

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

mickison wrote:
And a side note her support crew is riding in the back of a pickup truck. That’s nice and safe.
Yeah, WTF. Is that even legal?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]

Animalmom2 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Monty, the evidence as analyzed by DC Rainmaker shows the data from her Garmin file was genuine. Click back about ten pages. She completed the bike, period. Her swim was short, that's of course obvious because her form was bad and her crew didn't count the laps so she went by the Fenix 5x which was off, happened to me for awhile because I sucked at swimming too. The Run is also genuine, the reason why her heart rate dropped is pretty simple. She stopped running at her aid stations and chilled for 3-4 minutes based on her insta stories. Did she pause the watch...I have no idea, it looks like that though.

You forgot to add that she finished the bike with the aid of a draft from a motorbike. Proof is on her instagram & substantiates the drop in HR over distance.

This is my issue. She is dishonest. In Triathlon you can’t be dishonest. She has lied in the past (230 mile run in 3 days - until she substantiates it I call utter bullshit). She drafted on the bike. Who knows what else she did.

I don’t like dishonest people. I cannot imagine lying about a time in an athletic event.

Thousands of strangely fit 50 year olds who claim they don't use T might disagree with you about the honesty in triathlon thing

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [hobbyjogger] [ In reply to ]

hobbyjogger wrote:
Curious why she isn't using a TT bike or at least some deeper wheels, you'd think you would want to have every possible advantage.

Her mental strength, determination, and hopes & dreams of the children, are all the advantage she needs

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [sjn] [ In reply to ]

sjn wrote:
mickison wrote:
And a side note her support crew is riding in the back of a pickup truck. That’s nice and safe.

I don’t know. Probably depends on the state laws and whether they’re adults. Either way it’s dumb. Even a minor accident could launch you.

mickison wrote:
sjn wrote:
mickison wrote:

I don’t know. Probably depends on the state laws and whether they’re adults. Either way it’s dumb. Even a minor accident could launch you.

It’s quicker for them to take “their shift” on the bike, if they’re more accessible (pink).

That's really odd.

I hope she starts getting an advance team in place or this isn't going to last very long (it's not going to last long anyway but...). It's just beyond belief that you would promote this event so much and not do the most basic type of planning, even a single day in advance.

It really does strike me that they are going out of their way to sabotage their own event.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Aug 15, 18 7:23

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Maybe if they reached out to the community a little more hey could actually have help planning the routes. Instead they seem to not want any help and just wing it. I offered to give advice on Jacksonville, and her coach seemed receptive, but I’d have already lined up routes for everyday prior to starting. At least a rough draft of routes.

Allegedly she’s averaging over 20mph 28 miles into her ride. Which I guess is believable because she’s probably right on the bumper of that truck
Last edited by: rjrankin: Aug 15, 18 7:38

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [sjn] [ In reply to ]

Being from NC, in VA it might not only be legal, but encouraged.
Last edited by: Racing Yoda: Aug 15, 18 7:40

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

She actually lives here in Virginia Beach - this is her home. Irony or stupidity?

Sanuk wrote:
I hope she starts getting an advance team in place or this isn't going to last very long (it's not going to last long anyway but...).

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:
hobbyjogger wrote:

Her mental strength, determination, and hopes & dreams of the children, are all the advantage she needs

Or she's saying her prayers and taking her vitamins, so nothing will ever go wrong! Hulk Hogan said so.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [hobbyjogger] [ In reply to ]

hobbyjogger wrote:

It would awesome if nails out several on whatever bike she is using.

The ST Mafia would lose their sh%t if she did not wast....errr...take of advantage of a few minutes saved by spending thousands of dollars on the latest trinkets

RowToTri wrote:
mickison wrote:
rjrankin wrote:
She claims with stops to talk to people. I’ll reserve judgement until they post data but 1:24 seems fast if that includes her “breaks”. I’d buy 1:24 moving time

Yeah. She has video of her resting talking to another swimmer. It’s possible she’s pausing her watch while resting.

At the end of that video you can actually see her watch is still going while she is talking with her friend.
i

Yeah but even still Garmin will give you a moving time. I swam 4K yards this morning in 1:01 but was actually moving 53:06. Something tells me she swam 1:24 but was in the pool closer to 2 hours

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]

I don't think so. She had time to change, sit on a stoop and eat a large breakfast while her coach fixed his bike and she started her bike ride just under 2 hours after she started her swim.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

I just saw that via her story. Guess she’s quicker than her stroke looks

sjn wrote:
mickison wrote:

It’s legal in Virginia if you’re over 16. There’s a website by AAA that lists out the laws for each state. But cities can have additional ordinances on top of that. My city won’t even let you have a dog in the truck bed unless it’s leashed down somehow.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

Prev Next