Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
today is new bike day (well, at least ordering a new bike) for my little girl from the LBS. her knees are smacking the handlebars so its painfully obvious (for her, literally) shes moving up to a youth's bike. this bike will introduce her to gears... im more excited about this than any bike related purchase i could be making for myself!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait til the stimulus checks come out. Every business on the planet will have a sale as they will all want that money

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a new QR PRFive with ENVE wheels. One of these days/weeks/months, I’ll get to see it, but for now, it’s at the factory in the US and I’m in Dubai. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good choice with a powermeter.
Btw I will be doing my pushups like your's going forward.
Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Last edited by: gymrat: Mar 31, 20 8:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gymrat wrote:
Good choice.
Btw I will be doing my pushups like you're going forward.
Pete

Hahah good to see you ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. A case of wine

2. x2 Specialized Rib cages

3. Ironman bib and jersey (two weeks ago)......you know where "Anything is Possible" except them actually shipping your order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picked up some Hed Vanquish 8 wheels - can’t wait to not race on them!

Quote | Reply
Not tri-related per se but, since I'm home most of the time now, decided to finally get new hardwood floors in the downstairs of my house. Tore the 30-yr old carpet out a few yrs ago but never got around to putting down new carpet or flooring, so figured this would be a good time to do it. The actual install will prob start next Monday, 6 April.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a gift certificate to my favorite running store and then gave it to one of my favorite families. I'm happy to support both families.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donated $$$ to charity for which I serve on the Board--supporting homeless youth so the need to support them is strong. Trying to get take out from local establishments somewhat regularly. I have offered advanced "deposits" to people who do work around my yard/house (i.e., house cleaners, landscapers) to keep their income up during this time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig Alpha One aerobars. TriRig is having an excellent sale sitewide, go check it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Wait til the stimulus checks come out. Every business on the planet will have a sale as they will all want that money
That money will go to China via Walmart and Amazon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I are self-isolating. She is a fashion designer, and while there are plenty of masks to be had in stores, she is using her sewing machine and spare cloth to make masks for her friends. They are not N95, but at least they are multi layered.

As for me, I bought new training tires that I will put on my bike, especially since the rainy season is coming in a couple of months. I will also regrip my bars courtesy of a suggestion from another STer in another thread.

Unrelated to triathlon, I bought new golf grips (and supplies) online to go with the new golf shafts I bought from a local shop that I will put in my new Miura blade heads. I will also regrip (they bought sets online) at least 2 friends' sets of clubs, shorten one of their driver shafts, reshaft (he bought a set of shafts at a local golf shop) another friends' set of irons, build 2 drivers for guys in my golf group shafts, heads and grips bought at a local shop. Bought another set of grips online to regrip a set of slightly used Miura cavity back irons to ship to an Organizer as a prize for the next tournament.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Boyd put some carbon disc brake race wheels on sale, I'm there. I won't wait for the stimulus check.
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [Sawayama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is your budget?
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also saw a report the the Food Banks are up about 60% in people requesting help. It sure would go a long way in Earth Points or spreading good Karma by throwing a couple bucks their way. if you can afford it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've been doing lots of orders from local businesses (microbreweries, BBQ restaurant for smoked meats, cupcakes, bath stuff, etc.). Amazon stuff for the dog, to avoid going to the pet store.
Tri wise, I got some running shoes from Salming, and probably the biggest ticket thing was that I was able to convince my wife to let me convert he spare room into a pain cave, so we got puzzle mats for flooring, I moved my bike and trainer in there, and I bought a treadmill (which just arrived), also got the NPE Runn device from Zwift to be able to run without the footpod (I do have a Stryd, but I know that the footpods can be dicey sometimes for dropouts in Zwift runs, when I've used it at the gym). And then some Amazon additions like fans, a new light fixture for the room (the one in there before hung low and kept taking tissue samples from my head, and most importantly blocks the TV view from the treadmill), power bars, etc. My wife even asked me to set her up a zwift account for Zwift running as well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New POC bib shorts on sale at Competitive Cyclist. Classic Win-Win situation.
3 x 8oz tubes of chamois cream. I normally make a point of buying that from my LBS but since they are closed I had no choice but to do that online as well.
Now I'm considering a new powermeter for the tri-bike, which would lead to new pedals which would lead to new shoes.
I also have a new road bike itch I might want to scratch... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Not tri-related per se but, since I'm home most of the time now, decided to finally get new hardwood floors in the downstairs of my house. Tore the 30-yr old carpet out a few yrs ago but never got around to putting down new carpet or flooring, so figured this would be a good time to do it. The actual install will prob start next Monday, 6 April.

Are you getting the new Quick-Step laminate that's optimized for indoor trainers? :)

https://cyclingtips.com/...g-specific-flooring/

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought a sweet new kit from Dispatch Cycling, some new Roka shades, and some MTB gloves and socks from Tasco. Also created a team for the Bikes & Beers Social Distancing Ride thanks to an earlier post in this thread. Thinking about a new saddle and some other upgrades for the TT bike but I should probably wait until I can try saddles in person.
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Dolfan wrote:
I just bought a Hoyt Powermax. My 1st bow. Pretty excited then the state closed the ranges. My property is too small to shoot safely so I just look at it for now.

Bought some new pedals too.

And joined Bikes and Beer virtual ride. Portion of the proceeds are going to help those dealing with the virus 1st hand and I get some beer and bike related swag, tying together 2 things I really like.

Awesome! I’m between a Hoyt Alpha and the Mathews VXR. I’m lucky cuz I can shoot 20 yards in my back yard. Actually really relaxing. My archery shop has always told me they sell tons of the Powermax. Super bow for the money I hear.

Have had the VXR 28 for about 2 months now and LOVE it. I can shoot to 40 yds at the house which helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [Trizomb1e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trizomb1e wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
Dolfan wrote:
I just bought a Hoyt Powermax. My 1st bow. Pretty excited then the state closed the ranges. My property is too small to shoot safely so I just look at it for now.

And joined Bikes and Beer virtual ride. Portion of the proceeds are going to help those dealing with the virus 1st hand and I get some beer and bike related swag, tying together 2 things I really like.

Awesome! I’m between a Hoyt Alpha and the Mathews VXR. I’m lucky cuz I can shoot 20 yards in my back yard. Actually really relaxing. My archery shop has always told me they sell tons of the Powermax. Super bow for the money I hear.

Have had the VXR 28 for about 2 months now and LOVE it. I can shoot to 40 yds at the house which helps.

Out of curiosity how y’all are you? I’m 6’2” and was leaning more toward something 30” ATA and above but not sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

Are you getting the new Quick-Step laminate that's optimized for indoor trainers? :)

https://cyclingtips.com/...g-specific-flooring/

Nah, I just went with conventional hardwood. It has a 50-year warranty and a very traditional look just like the floors in the house I grew up in Charleston, SC.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Trizomb1e wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
Dolfan wrote:

Out of curiosity how y’all are you? I’m 6’2” and was leaning more toward something 30” ATA and above but not sure.

I’m 5’10”. I went with the shorter ATA because 90% of my hunting is out west out of a backpack. And I felt the string angle at draw with the 31.5 wasn’t “right”.

The store owner went with the 31.5 for the opposite reason. He is probably 6’ +/- and liked the string angle at draw much more for him ( not so steep ) on the longer bow.
Last edited by: Trizomb1e: Apr 2, 20 19:49
Quote Reply
Re: Fighting Corona / Contribute to Economy / What did you Buy or going to Buy? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
The new 12.9" iPad Pro to make my indoor setup more flexible. I zwift for bike and run through an AppleTV on a TV that is setup in front of my bike. When I run, it's off to the side if on the TV or it's very small on my phone. Likewise when I bike, if I want to watch something else it's on my small phone. So with the big iPad I can either watch something or zwift on it, or the AppleTV.

I’m curious how you like your iPad Pro? I have a 5 year old air that I’m thinking of passing on to my child and trying to decide between a new air or a pro.
Quote Reply

Prev Next