Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Don’t have kids!!!!!!!
Quote | Reply
I just ran to Target to pick up some Diet Coke for the office. Simple task right, in and out. No such luck. Why you may ask, because people who should not breed had their out of control demon seeds swarming all over the place. The kids were just going wild, yelling, screaming, running away, knocking items off shelves, dancing in the isles, playing videogames oblivious to their cart that had blocked off the isle. Just going ape shit without a care for anybody but themselves.

And what were all the mothers (it was 100% moms in this case) of these future voters doing, you guessed it, not a damn thing. Some were talking on cell phone, “ya, shopping at Target, you?” Some were quietly and nicely asking their kids to improve their behavior but not following through. But most were just ignoring the out of control behavior like it wasn’t happening. So of course the kids have to get louder and louder in an attempt to get some reaction from the neglectful parent.

Having kids is like doing an Ironman. Sure anybody can do it but you have to put the work in if you want a positive result. Those of you thinking about having kids but are not quite sure, do us all a favor and don’t. They are not pets, they are not plants, they are not finishers medals to show off to your friends, they are little humans and if you don’t put in the time and work they will end up being out of control little assholes and you will be 100% responsible.

OK, Deep breath, I feel better now.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [Hinds57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time I start getting the urge to maybe think about starting a family, I just remember what the malls are like....at Christmas. Turns me right off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is easier to have kids than get a drivers liescense (sp) - and think of all the nut jobs out on the roads - the end is near

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [Reddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is easier to have kids than get a drivers liescense (sp)

Not for some of us.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the extreme sense of calm that you exude as well as your ability to tolerate things out of your control, I bet you were a little angel when you were 4 years old. NOT.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right... don't have kids. You clearly do not have what it takes.

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You always get the kids you deserve.

we are always reminded of that in stores like wal-mart and target'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said in a post the other day
VOLUNTARY
HUMAN
EXTINCTION

its the only way.

Partially-Hydrogenated
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [lonestar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have what it take to watch a parent neglect their kids in public? No, I put in the effort it takes to teach my kids what being it is to be a responsible member of society. Not only do I do that I volunteer in my kids schools, teach my sons PE class, coach little league and soccer. I also help with my sister’s kid as she is a single mom and can use a little help once in a while.

What I can’t stand is to watch parents treat kids like objects and not like the greatest gift in the world that they are. If you can’t or will not take care of your kid, don’t have one.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True story: A good friend of mine was at a store, using her debit card to pay. This kid ran up behind her and started pushing all the buttons. She ended up getting $70 cash back that she didn't want. She turned to the kid's mom (who was on her cell) and said, "Do you think you could keep a closer eye on your kid? I didn't want all this cash back." The mom looked at her and said, "You obviously don't have kids. You have time to go to the bank and deposit that cash." She said, "Yeah, and now I don't want any."

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is another point to his post and that is that many parents (by no means is what he described isolated) allow kids to run free in public settings with horrible behavior and damn everyone else and their serenity. It is some how acceptable behavior because they are kids or the parents are so used to it that they ignore it or don't even consider it to be bad behavior. It isn't the kids that are the problem but really the parents who are and it is hard not to get frustrated with that attitude.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [rgr195] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You always get the kids you deserve.

That's What my mom says everytime my daughter is driving me crazy.........kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To all parents:

1. Discipline your children now so the world won't have to later.

2. Don't be naive enough to believe your flesh and blood cannot be a selfish, manipulative little monster. (All these parents out there who bitch about other kids being so bad likely are promulgating the same problem and suffering from the same naivete).

3. Don't ever let your kid disrespect you. If they don't respect you (read healthy fear), then they're not going to respect anyone.

Get these three things right and you've got all the time in the world to love them and make them upstanding, respectful, responsible people.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [XXX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BRILLIANT. This should be mandatory reading for all new parents.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, I didn't know my wife was at Target today... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting in the final lap of raising 2 boys (16, 19). I have read you points before but they are so worthy that I have to give a you cyber high 5 for printing them here. Good stuff.

Your tagline is great also.

Quote | Reply
Well said.

Quote | Reply
When my kids start to act up in a store, I get mean mom face and tell them I'm not afraid of leaving right then, right now -- no purchases, no nothing. And guess what, I say, you're not going to like being at home with me after that. So be quiet and remember, we're in a public place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My kids act up in public, I bust their ass when we get home...

The kids you experienced are the reason why youth today are the way they are....no respect for parents, authority, etc. because the parents expect everyone else to raise their kids for them. But try to discipline a kid and watch the parent be the first to say..."how dare you!" Unbelievable

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well said...words to live by for all parents.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but my parents wouldn't tolerate the behavior, so action was taken. If I acted like the kids Hinds is describing I'd be out in the car. I can't deal with parents who take no responsibilty for their kids!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its funny, I get compliments all the time on how well behaved, polite, helpful my daughter is. I can send her out in the world with confidence that she will not embarrass me, I won't get a phone call asking me to pick up my rotten brat. The thing is, she is so far from perfect at home. She can be a total twit. Always getting into stuff she knows she's not supposed to, making messes, terrorizing the cat, whining about whatever. But I would rather have her give me a hard time privately, than have other people thinking "what a monster". People are always offering to babysit because they think she's such an angel......kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny I was thinking exactly the opposite. He should have kids as that's exactly what it takes.

Unfortunately many people who think this way prior to having kids suddenly forget all of it when it's *their* kid. Somehow other kids are maniacs and *their* kids are absolute angles. Sorry parents your kids are maniacs just like everyone elses. Keep'em under control or get em out of public...unless you're on a playground or some other "Child maniac" dedicated zone. There is a place and time for kids to be insane...Target ain't that place.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [runningmanrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"But try to discipline a kid and watch the parent be the first to say..."how dare you!""

Read an interesting article that blames the "angry athlete's parent" syndrome on a similar belief. The author stated the reason that parents get so upset with umpires and referee's is NOT because of a bad call, but because they have the audacity to tell their child what they can and can't do. IOW the parents don't tell their children what to do so NO ONE else can either. If they do the parent is all over them.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to me yesterday as I waited in the doctor's office. Mom comes in with a 4 year old and a 2 year old. 4 year old starts hitting 2 year old, he screams. Mom say's stops. 4 year old does it again, 2 year old screams. This goes on for five minutes before the 4 year old gets bored and starts running around the waiting area. 2 yr old joins quickly follows suit. Mom says nothing. 4 yr old decides its funny to stomp on my foot, 2 yr old follows the example. I yelp and tell the little devil child to go play somewhere else. She gets mad and starts to yell. I get the evil eye from Mom. 2 yr old decides he is hungry and starts announcing it at the top of his lungs to everyone. 4 yr old agrees and does the same thing. This probably went on and on but I'll never know. I decided that going to the doctor wasn't worth sitting in the waiting room with a bunch of screaming kids.

If I could I would have put both kids over my knee but a lass they weren't my kids.
Quote Reply

Prev Next