Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [Hinds57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's too bad that there are so many out of control kids with bad parents. It makes raising your own child that much harder. And parents can't smack their kids around like they use to back in the day. Without several blows to the head (daily) by my parents - I would be one of them! I see animals at the zoo that have more self control than these brats today! I think that they should have "no-children allowed" days at restaurants and shopping malls. Ok parents - tear into me....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the thing i hate are parents that complain how tired they are or how they are so busy all the time with kids. the constant complaining and blaming it on their young child. the decision to have kids was there's(in most cases) not another person's. don't decide on something and then complain about it. its a simple issue.. jr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet when you were a child, that was never written about you.

And no, my children don't "swarm all over the place..." and we aren't "neglectful parents," either. I'm just writing to ask you to look in the mirror and worry about your own children.

Let those who wish to "go ape shit" - do it on their own. You've got hunger and cancer to cure before COB today. Now get moving.

Peace,

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Last edited by: Kestrel Driver: Aug 19, 05 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [jheathergrizz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on!
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely no "Tearing into" by this parent. Hell I wish they'd have no kids days at some resturaunts. For the most part we try and keep our kid(s) under control in public, but even the best parents will have one fly off the handle now and then. However the best parents will remove the outa control kid from the public place prompty....still ruins a nice quite evening out though.

If shopping malls had "no kids days" they'd probably go broke though. 90% of teh people there are under 12....and they likely have most of the money as well.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [Kestrel Driver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And what are you doing to solve world hunger?

Every kid has moments when they shouldn't be in public. They are too tired, hungry, hopped up on suger, etc. As a parent you have the responsibility to either a.) remove them from that environment or b.) discipline them. All we're asking is for parents to do their jobs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God damn am I tired....kid kept getting up all night...

Seriously though this logic always beffudles me. Don't complain about getting injured running...it was your choice to run, Don't complain about it being hot outside...it was your choice to go outside...don't complain about kids in teh resturaunt...it was your choice to go to the resturaunt....Don't complain about taxes...it was choice to live in the country you live in....I could go on but hopefully you get my point.

Your logic leads to the enevitable point of DON'T complain because you can almost always do something about the situation and almost every situation you're in has at least partially occured because a choice on your part.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I can't cure cancer or solve world hunger, I am going to build a shopping mall called "Keep your hellish offspring the hell away from my calm peacefull mall" Mall.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i understand what your saying, but think about how many folks complain about their kids and then say "but it's the greatest thing." some people shouldnt have had kids and i don't think they thought about the outcome. on the flip side it's nice to see a happy family with well-mannered kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't have what it take to watch a parent neglect their kids in public? No, I put in the effort it takes to teach my kids what being it is to be a responsible member of society. Not only do I do that I volunteer in my kids schools, teach my sons PE class, coach little league and soccer. I also help with my sister’s kid as she is a single mom and can use a little help once in a while.

What I can’t stand is to watch parents treat kids like objects and not like the greatest gift in the world that they are. If you can’t or will not take care of your kid, don’t have one.

Dave
why are you putting this shit on all of us? dude, come on. maybe you're a great parent, but God--your post feels like such an attack. get off your high horse. you ain't perfect buddy...when your kids flip out and act like wackos maybe you'll get a piece of humble pie.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your logic leads to the enevitable point of DON'T complain because you can almost always do something about the situation and almost every situation you're in has at least partially occured because a choice on your part.
Actually, although hard to do, not sure it is bad logic as complaining about that type of stuff rarely gets you anywhere. Don't get me wrong I complain like everyone but complaining about circumstances you created is generally a waste of time. It is probably a good way to try to live :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
on the flip side it's nice to see a happy family with well-mannered kids.
Where did you see that? On some black and white TV show?
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I totally agree that it sucks when you see parents not doing a damn thing (I hate that as well).

However, I am getting a feeling that some here are eluding a fallacy to that you can control a 2 year old all the time if you are a good parent or if you want to. Kids at that age are still learning to control their emotions. I think one person even said all it takes is “daily beatings to the head”. Anyone that would beat a 2 year old in the head for acting like a 2 year old is just wrong.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on kittycat - join the "down with kids" bandwagon. It's fun (until we have them).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by kittycat [ In reply to ]
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"ctually, although hard to do, not sure it is bad logic..." no my logic was not bad. My point was that the Don't complain about your kids leads to don't complain about anything. This of course leads to not just singling out "I hate when people complain about their kids" to "I hate when people complain"

I agree complaining leads to no good...usually. Changing circumstances or making better choices is a better alternative. However complaining about someone complaining because they complained about a certain thing is ironic in itself...as ....well....yeh...

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he meant to say "giving birth to a child is as painfull as doing an Ironman".
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one here is advocating beating a two year (except for beehunter :). You're right to say that they are still learning to control their emotions. I think we all understand that but what I don't get is why the parents don't do something, anything, please!!!

Whether it's talking to the kid, spanking them, removing them from the situation, leaving them at home, etc. Anything is better than nothing. That is what bothers me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeh and how many people complain about being injured on this forum?

I agree some, likely alot of folks shouldn't have kids and most don't think about the results of their actions. But then again ALOT of people complain about ALOT of shit that is mostly their own fault.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [Biliken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Whether it's talking to the kid, spanking them, removing them from the situation, leaving them at home, etc. Anything is better than nothing. That is what bothers me.
Fair enough...

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Diet Coke is poison. You might as buy people at work cigarettes.

I agree on the kids, but half the problem is the non-stop sugar diet they are fed. Take a survey of what they ate that day something like:
- sugar cereal for breakfast
- sugar drinks
- cand
- ice cream
- pop, LOTS OF POP
the list goes. I see bratty little kids being fed this shit all the time by parents in an attempt to award thier kids to behave. ADD? Try TMSD (too much sugar disorder).

Get the kids off sugar and they'll be a helluva lot calmer.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t have kids!!!!!!! [Biliken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For one thing, I don't tell others how to raise their kids. As a parent, my responsibility is to my children alone, and not every other kid running amok.

So what?

Let kids be kids for once.

Wasn't it fun when you were a kid riding your Schwinn 'StingRay' with the baseball cards in the spokes, laughing with your buddies until sundown? Wasn't it fun back in the old-days playing 'capture the flag' or being a Scout with your best friends? Didn't you fall out of a tree, skin your knee running home to Mom and Dad who cleaned you up, sending you out to play once again?

If 'kids got to be kids' once again, maybe things would change. Unfortunately, to debate that subject on this medium is really - trying.

Peace,

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice that this thread sounds eerily similar to a "Responsibility of dog owners" thread??

Before anyone gets pissy, no I'm not equating kids to dogs. Some kids maybe. Especially the ones who walk on all fours and have a tail. No wait... it's the furry ones I'm talking about. I mean, it's gotta be your dog. I have derailed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You missed the point. I'm not telling you how to raise your kids. My post was general and you took it personally. Take a step back and get some perspective.

All the childhood reminiscences examples that you listed were outside fun kid activities. Things I don't have anything against. Moments when kids are supposed to be kids. No one is expecting them to act like mild mannered adults in any of those scenarios. We're talking about in public places such as Target, Kroger, the Mall. What I see so many time is that the kid is having a melt down for whatever reason and Mom just ignores them. I'm just asking that the person responsible for the kid do something (anything) other than nothing. I really don't care what form it takes, just don't ignore the situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this whole thread went the wrong way. How come no one is smacking Hinds for going to Target to buy Diet Coke?

You had to be insane in the first place. You werent in your right mind, so of course the kids bugged ya.

Next time try 7-11. Get in, get out, get on with your life! <whatever>

Just thought I'd try and get this back on track. ;>
Quote Reply

Prev Next