Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [chilled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chilled wrote:
AB is just under 3 minutes ahead at 40k. That's extended the gap 2 minutes in 20k. Flying.

Just ridiculous.

Now 4 mins at 60k.
Last edited by: splashrunner: Apr 22, 17 2:06
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
splashrunner wrote:
Is Boardman cleaning house? They seem to have lost / dropped a few people recently.

I don't think Chris Boardman owns Boardman bikes anymore. I think he sold out last year.

I know Ali had a lot of respect for him so maybe that was also a small piece of his decision?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
splashrunner wrote:
chilled wrote:
AB is just under 3 minutes ahead at 40k. That's extended the gap 2 minutes in 20k. Flying.

Just ridiculous.

Now 4 mins at 60k.
Something seems to be up with ryf's tracker, it says she's already in t2 which would mean she did the last 30k in 21 min

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AB had about 6 mins lead into T2 and held onto it past 2.25km on the run. Mark Buckingham is a few minutes off the podium in 4th but I bet a good chance of running his way into top 3.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
AB had about 6 mins lead into T2 and held onto it past 2.25km on the run. Mark Buckingham is a few minutes off the podium in 4th but I bet a good chance of running his way into top 3.
He is flying on the run as well! 26:30 through 7.25k

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

35 mins through 10k, he is jogging round! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha actually true for him! Seems like he won't go sub 4

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
oscaro wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

35 mins through 10k, he is jogging round! ;-)

He's a smart racer: on the run he won't push himself any more than he needs to in order to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [moonmonkey02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I agree, he already has more than a 6 min lead so I don't think he's too worried. He's prob seeing this as a good warmup/test run for the next race

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Yeah I agree, he already has more than a 6 min lead so I don't think he's too worried. He's prob seeing this as a good warmup/test run for the next race
Fininshed in 4:03:09!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
oscaro wrote:
Fininshed in 4:03:09!

His 01:11:16 run had nice even splits as in very nicely controlled. St. George will be so darn interesting to follow.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lets say he wins St George and qualifies for 70.3 Worlds, will he not feature again until the championship race? Or does he plan to go around smashing 70.3 races? Maybe a 140.6 this year? Any insight...
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [Bushehri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 this year, 140.6 next. Mebbe.

Interview with Ali and Johnny wrote:
Alistair Brownlee, 28, will target the 70.3 Ironman World Championships in 2017 before targeting Ironman races in 2018.

“My goals changed a little bit for the next few years as I want to find out what I can achieve on the long distance Triathlon after winning two Olympic gold medals in the past. This year the goal is to win the 70.3 IM World Champs and then maybe move to the full long distance. But the Olympics are still back in my head and I don’t want to leave that completely yet. So we will see.”

[/quote]
Last edited by: knighty76: Apr 22, 17 4:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bushehri wrote:
Lets say he wins St George and qualifies for 70.3 Worlds, will he not feature again until the championship race? Or does he plan to go around smashing 70.3 races? Maybe a 140.6 this year? Any insight...

He won't turn up just for the sake of it: look at his last few years in ITU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has said he'd race the Leeds ITU this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a Browlee observation but it was a bit surprising to see Daniela Ryf come third behind Emma Pallant and Lucy Charles. Pallant put in a very nice run of 1:15:34 to move from third off the bike to win. Well done Emma.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
Not a Browlee observation but it was a bit surprising to see Daniela Ryf come third behind Emma Pallant and Lucy Charles. Pallant put in a very nice run of 1:15:34 to move from third off the bike to win. Well done Emma.

Hugh

Apparently she miscalculated the bike laps, got off her bike too early and lost time going back and getting back on to do the final lap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
splashrunner wrote:
sciguy wrote:

Hugh

Apparently she miscalculated the bike laps, got off her bike too early and lost time going back and getting back on to do the final lap.

I was sure this kind of thing only happened to AGers like me.

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He ran 71 coming out of T2 with a 6 minute lead? Wow... St. George should be interesting!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
He ran 71 coming out of T2 with a 6 minute lead? Wow... St. George should be interesting!

If you look at his splits he did the run very evenly too so there was no backing off. I'm wondering how hard the bike course actually was compared to say St. George. As you say St. George will be very interesting.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bushehri wrote:
Lets say he wins St George and qualifies for 70.3 Worlds, will he not feature again until the championship race? Or does he plan to go around smashing 70.3 races? Maybe a 140.6 this year? Any insight...[/quote

Lemme fix that for you..

WHEH he wins St George..... (WHEN he wins Worlds !! WHEN he wins....)
Got that !!?? WHEN!.....WHEN!....From now on its WHEN with this BAMF
Last edited by: shady: Apr 22, 17 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True story. This is Kona domination waiting to happen. He can get that done, probably more than once, and still go back to medicine if he wants to. Not too shabby.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ANYONE GOT A BIKE COURSE ELEVATION MAP FOR THIS COURSE???

4:03 isn't crazy crazy fast is it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys are why I love sports. Freaking Hero's :)
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't have to be - it just has to be faster than everyone else. Anything else is wasted effort and more recovery time. He races very intelligently. He put enough into the few behind him to give him a buffer, then got it done.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply

Prev Next