Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:
I've never heard of Longridge and Morrison and I'm British!

Morrison is a big biker. Pretty sure she has went low 20 for a 10TT. But wait till the run though.....

Kimberley Morrison has won several Ironman 70.3 races and this year got some great results in the GB National TT Champs (3rd at 10 miles, 4th at 25 miles and 3rd at 50 miles). So yeah........she's a big biker! LOL!

She looks like a real pedal masher- low cadence, high force. Lots of fatigue going into those leg muscles. Could make that run tough.

You can see that mashing taking its toll: standing up. Morrison has a great position but for a long flat course, cadence is your friend

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Dear God, no one wants you shilling about the PTO. Tell me about the race or shut up.

Follow the money - who do you think is paying for all of this?

It's not perfect, but it is what it is.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the amount of whining the ST crowd is doing about the race commentary.,,....and those who say they shouldn't talk about the basics have clearly never read the comments of people following triathlons on FB.Holy shit it never ceases to amaze me how little some of the average punters know about the sport across all of the various distances and race organizers.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

She looks like a real pedal masher- low cadence, high force. Lots of fatigue going into those leg muscles. Could make that run tough.

Low HR too. If started running better when I lowered my cadence on the bike.

That's interesting. For me, my heart rate is always low on the bike, no matter what I do. It's much better for me to spin more, muscle it less- slightly less metabolically efficient, but keeps my legs in better form for the run. I'm sure there are some people for whom that's not true.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
starting to talk context now, and the race holistically. Haug far back in their view, but we don't know what will happen to the women up front yet. Germans need to work together.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norden has had a ton of run injuries over the past couple years
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Belinda Granger transitioning into race situation and dynamic... perfect timing and good analysis.

Philip and Haug running from behind, Findlay running from the front, with Lawrence 2min down right now as a dark horse / 'tweener.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haug falling back pretty quickly now...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
based of just phenotyping and the splits I like Findlay right now... 2min on the bunch and 3min on Haug and probably a faster runner than Norden.

E

Yeh I'm thinking she's looking good for this. Got a feeling her run form may be better this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instead of or in addition to the country flag, the should have a graphic of the sponsor color or something on the placings graphic so you could immediately connect it to the athlete. Or maybe have the athlete's name on their hip or side. Or maybe have their name in the placings graphic be backed by their kit color. I have the first few figured out, but it'd be good to have a quicker visual connection.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Haug falling back pretty quickly now...

I'm looking at it differently... I see Haug and Phillip working together and trying to hold serve until the run starts. 3min down...

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on Oliveira (fast ITU) or Morrison?

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone any inside info on what's happened to Spirig and Stimpson?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to see Challenge take the opportunity in 2021 to get a greater foothold in North America. Seems like the time is right.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the amount of whining the ST crowd is doing about the race commentary.,,....and those who say they shouldn't talk about the basics have clearly never read the comments of people following triathlons on FB.Holy shit it never ceases to amaze me how little some of the average punters know about the sport across all of the various distances and race organizers.

Nick,

I've come to conclusion that in any population there is 5% - 10% of people who literally NEVER be happy. THIS is the best triathlon broadcast quality and production outside of the Olympic Games - full stop!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

this is why Super League is so good... they talk about racing, competing, etc. which is universal.

Indeed, they're the benchmark for sure. It makes a big difference.

This seals it for me. Super League Triathlon needs an arena for competition. Not the one they used for the virtual races....but a legit arena. Maybe a pool, inside of a track, inside of a velodrome on a smaller scale.

My thought here was that I would love a change of scenery and a dynamic course...but that just makes the filming so much harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

I remember tri ‘gurus’ arguing that we should all be above 90 cadence because bike pros were 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
based of just phenotyping and the splits I like Findlay right now... 2min on the bunch and 3min on Haug and probably a faster runner than Norden.

E

Nordans run is getting better since she is with Seipp but it's still a work in progress .
Findlay is racing smart . But I have to say phillip looks very relaxed...
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Findlay a) not letting Norden slip away and b) never standing whereas Norden is starting to stand

These folks needed to have prepared for flat TT'ing: it's relentless. The ITU boys are going to suffer. Sanders, Sam, Rudy, Keinle, they know how to stay aero and the distance is nothing for them. These low cadence folks are going to suffer towards the end of the bike.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is so much saddle movement in the now 3rd place Kim Morrison. Hell of a ride but damn that's gotta get sore.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

I remember tri ‘gurus’ arguing that we should all be above 90 cadence because bike pros were 😂

70-80 rpm is where it's at! LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Nick,

I've come to conclusion that in any population there is 5% - 10% of people who literally NEVER be happy. THIS is the best triathlon broadcast quality and production outside of the Olympic Games - full stop!

You obviously don't watch a lot of ITU or Superleague??
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

LOL, never do what a pro does

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

E

Oliveira decent ITU racer maybe Top 30 in her day. Now focusing on longer stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

E

Oliveira decent ITU racer maybe Top 30 in her day. Now focusing on longer stuff.

that's what I'm saying... in ITU she wasn't much of a biker and as an ITUer she can run, so I'm liking that she's only 2min down on the bike right now...

Quote Reply

Prev Next