Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best blender under $150 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
.... the Vitamix gets sooo hot, that it actually can blend a smoothie that was frozen fruit, refrigerated juice, and ice into warm soup....

You do realize it has speed settings, right? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [mcclelland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcclelland wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
.... the Vitamix gets sooo hot, that it actually can blend a smoothie that was frozen fruit, refrigerated juice, and ice into warm soup....

Depends on which one you get. The one I've got (or rather the wife's as it was a gift from her sister) is the low end model...aka it only has 2 speeds (low and high). But it is awesome and works like a champ. Been awhile since I've used it but usually make protein shake smoothies when I did more strength training (milk, ice, banana and chocolate or mocha flavored whey protein...pretty good tasting after a hard workout).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcclelland wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I do yes and mine does have speed settings versus some other models. However, I admit, I just like to chop, chop, chop for maximum speed. Sometimes I get a nice cold smoothie, sometimes it is a tad warm. Regardless I usually just slam it down. Eating has been a chore for the better part of a decade.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcclelland wrote:
drfranky wrote:
Save your money. buy a vitamix, 399$ at costco!

I spent more money on cheap blenders that lasted 1 or 2 years than the actual cost of the vitamix..

If you use it a lot, spend the money...

OMG this. Did this like 3 times before realizing the insanity, plus the Vitamix just works way better than any $100 blender we had before it.
We were in the same boat - we didn't understand what could justify the cost of the Vitamix and spent just as much on various blenders which never lasted before we got a Vitamix. It's a night and day difference.

And it's super easy to clean; after you're done making your mix you fill it up with water and a few drops of detergent and let it blend at max speed. Then rinse with plain water and you're done.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread, as we are looking for a new blender (assume price is no issue).

Right now I am between a Vitamix and a Breville Hemisphere - any recommendations or others I should consider?

Thanks

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [pat.allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Ninja at home with all sorts of attachments and really like it. Bought this Ninja for my daugher at college as she's into clean eating... relatively small foot print and works well! Simple to use and clean up is pretty easy. For ours the base with the blades had to be replaced as the bearing started to seize up after a lot of use... replaced it for $ and back in business. The one I got my daughter is pretty simple and not crazy expensive....

https://www.amazon.com/...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She really likes it... Ninja blenders really are great products.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcclelland wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I'm still in awe of the fact that the Vitamix will literally BOIL the contents in the blender without a heating element!
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ninja owner here for like 4 or 5 years. We've got the one with the base and two size blend containers and blades, dough hook, etc...

Works great. Only caution is for the lids, don't dish wash. The rubber seal on ours started to get really gummy and get black nasty tar on stuff in the dishwasher. Our fault.

It got a LOT of use making baby food at the old house.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Bumping this thread, as we are looking for a new blender (assume price is no issue).

Right now I am between a Vitamix and a Breville Hemisphere - any recommendations or others I should consider?

Thanks

Vitamix rocks! I have one and it was a great purchase. One way to tell is look on e-bay or elsewhere and see what used ones sell for. Not much less than new, so they keep value in case you change your mind......you'll get almost all back. Their demos show the way to make tortilla soup in the blender as the blade friction makes it get hot (and even boil). I buy fruit in quantity, freeze it when it gets long in the tooth and the Vitamix makes awesome smoothies without breaking a sweat. I hate to add ice to my smoothies as the taste is watery, so this is awesome. You'll never look back.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been drinking veggie smoothie every morning for years, and I like it pretty thick with less water. I've tried several different blenders from Walmart, Target, Nutri Bullet, Ninja but don't waste your money. Vitamix is the way to go. I bought mine new on Facebook Market place for $120 and it's the best. I think old model can boil the content, but new model is not getting hot like that. I throw in avocado seeds just for the hell of it and it blended just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We got a Blendtec and love it. The blades are dull so there is no chance you can slice your hand open when cleaning it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just get a Vitamix and be done with it.
My first one was a '5000' and I used it for 19 years, and just recently handed it down to a friend, still in perfect working order.
Bought a new E320, they just rock. All the other blenders are always compared to a vitamix, and none blend as well, including blendtec (though close).
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
My first one was a '5000' and I used it for 19 years, and just recently handed it down to a friend, still in perfect working order.
Bought a new E320, they just rock. All the other blenders are always compared to a vitamix, and none blend as well, including blendtec (though close).

^^^^^^^^^^There's a reason you see them in most of the high end cooking shows with the chefs. Save the shopping time and any future disappointment and get the Vitamin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with Blendtech and I'm very pleased with it. Great for smoothies.

Cannondale Slice 08
look keo pedals
fizik k3 arione saddle
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [ronoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Blendtech. I have had a smoothie almost everyday for the last 20 years. In fact, many days its two smoothies. Destroyed many blenders in the early days but the last 10 years I have been using a blendtech, its flawless. Only draw back is my older model is a loud.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for blendtec (although vitamix is also perfectly awesome)

We had our last one for about 8 years, going through about 2-3 smoothies a day most of that time. About 2 months ago it gave me the "overload" reading... couldn't fix it diy unfortunately, so we bought a newer model. Fairly expensive up front, but if you're going to use it it'll quickly pay for itself.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

This is what I ended up doing. Love the vitamix

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Can't be too pricy to put together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

This is what I ended up doing. Love the vitamix
We've used our vitamix in the restaurant for going on 7 years now and it still works like the day we bought it. It's amazing how powerful these things are and there is so much cool stuff you can do with it. Pm me if you want some ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [duganator99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ninja and vitamix user here.

Had a ninja for years as my only blender, it really is amazing bang for your buck and really is ideal for a one person, one portion type of setup.

Splashed on a vitamix a couple years ago and yes there is an amazing difference but the price is a big factor for a lot of people and I remember buying the ninja my main reason for doing so was it meant the price difference went into a set of wheels!!!

We moved the ninja to second home and there have been some things we've missed but overall the vitamix is worth it in our opinion. Vitamix is quick to rinse but I will say that the ninja is so convenient with the 'take away' containers which did add a lot of convenience for us. We tend to make both smoothies together (double portions) in the morning which is perfect in the vitamix. You do have to pour them (and subsequently dirty) more containers along with the big jub, but we're out the door right after so it's not a big deal to leave the vitamix washed and drying on draining board. With the ninja I would make them individually, pop the lids on and away you go. Wash the container at work/after training etc and have it clean for the next morning. Not exactly a deal breaker when chances are anyone on this forum will have water bottles and lunchboxes etc to wash daily anyway, but still worth considering.

My two cents would be if space is a premium or if you are single, ninja is awesome. If you have the countertop realestate and have two people using it, the vita is worth every cent.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
mcclelland wrote:
drfranky wrote:
Save your money. buy a vitamix, 399$ at costco!

I spent more money on cheap blenders that lasted 1 or 2 years than the actual cost of the vitamix..

If you use it a lot, spend the money...

OMG this. Did this like 3 times before realizing the insanity, plus the Vitamix just works way better than any $100 blender we had before it.
We were in the same boat - we didn't understand what could justify the cost of the Vitamix and spent just as much on various blenders which never lasted before we got a Vitamix. It's a night and day difference.

And it's super easy to clean; after you're done making your mix you fill it up with water and a few drops of detergent and let it blend at max speed. Then rinse with plain water and you're done.

Same here. I was SUPER RELUCTANT to spend any amount of $$$$ on a blender. After burning the motor on two blenders in under a year, my wife brought home a Vitamix. She got it on sale at Macy's, but it was still around $300. I was actually kind of mad about it.

But approaching three years of making smoothies every morning at least 5 days/week, it's still going strong. Despite the bitter pill of the initial outlay, I have to say that she made a very wise purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried so hard not to spend money and get Vitamix, but I was totally wrong.
I have Ninja and a couple of other mediocre Walmart brand blenders and some old one with glass jar.
Vitamix is the best hands down. I got the new model brand new in box for for $150 from Facebook marketplace.
If you search hard, you can find a good deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [rlanger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rlanger wrote:
https://www.gearhunder.com/...ng-ice-frozen-fruit/

This is by far the best sub $200 blender on the market. Powerful and very high quality construction.

If You're in Toronto, Cayne's is at Yonge and Steeles. That's agreat price too.

Nutribullet is my favorite blender, 900 watt Nutribullet can make smoothies. I was impressed with the high power and hard blades that are not worse than other expensive blenders. It is lightweight and easy to clean, and most importantly it is so affordable. Of course, noise is an inevitable flaw.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [CapnMols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recently I bought KitchenAid because it was recommended by Americas Test Kitchen. I'm glad I did. I mainly use it for smoothies. It crushes the ice easy and makes them so smooth and creamy it's like a milkshake. I don't see how any of the more expensive ones could possibly do a better job.

Home products at https://10bestdigs.com/...nder-for-milkshakes/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a refurb Vitamix that cost just a hair under $150 with a Groupon, I believe...Vitamix runs a deal every couple years. 5 year warranty, IIRC, instead of lifetime, but it works like new and has been doing a great job for me for the 5ish years I've had it. It's truly the Cadillac of blenders, and I'm very happy with it.

I also have had a couple Ninjas.over the years, and have one on my counter next to the Vitamix. It's a great blender for the money (well under $100 with attachments, on sale), but it does give a different texture to what I blend than the Vitamix.

Sometimes I prefer one, sometimes, I prefer the other, but I'd highly recommend either.
Quote Reply

Prev Next