Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [swimbikejon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you been able to get the short bento?
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the spacer so the stock bento sits flush, I don't have a need for the short bento.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you a pic of this setup?
I will be using a tririg brake up front so the stem appears to be set up for that already, but curious where you have the cable going into the stem. And for the rear cable, do you have it routed internall in the stem as well? How sharp a bend are brake cables able to take in situations like these? it would so much better if the canyon base bar had a hole cut out where the stem clamps on

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
Have you been able to get the short bento?

Shorter bento cost $20 from Canyon US. I got one a month ago.

I run the tri-rig stem slammed with their low profile dust cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [FairDestroyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you send the link to it? I must be blind!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swimbikejon wrote:
Spacers under the aero bar pads will be fine, switching the stem will not change that setup, only change will be bringing the handlebars slightly closer if using the 70mm or further if going with the 100mm (stock stem is 80mm IIRC).

The only modification I needed to do was to sand down the spacer. It works as a tongue in groove system with the standard stem. The aeria stem does not have the groove so it will not sit flush and you will not be able to screw the headset cap back on.

I also rerouted the front brake cable through the new stem, but that was very simple. I think the 100mm has another exit point that can be used for the right shifter cable but that's based on viewing photos from this forum. That would be a more complex cable to re route.

When using the stock 25mm spacer the bento sits flush with the top of the stem. If you slam your stem and remove the spacer and cut the steer tube there is a shorter bento that will sit flush with that setup.

I am currently having trouble with the bento rubbing against the stem when turning the handlebars >20° to the left. I think someone else reported theirs was also rubbing. You may want to look out for that.

It's a sweet setup when it comes together. I also replaced the bite valve with a CamelBak one and will be getting a longer tube. The stock bite valve wasn't giving the best flow but you can pop a CamelBak bite valve right in the existing tube easy peasy.

Thx for the detailed explanation!! Just ordered the components and can't wait to put this sweet setup in place :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
Can you send the link to it? I must be blind!

Direct email from them. Have to call to place order.

Our low-profile energy source will be part number 146236. This is available through phone order for $20.

Our phone hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 7am-5pm Pacific time and Saturday from 8am-1pm Pacific time at 1-833-226-9661.
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone routed the front brake through the stem into a Tririg front brake?
I'm hearing from my mechanic that it's not the simplest thing and some of the bends are tight

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Does anyone have experience in assembling Aeria Ultimate Hydration with Speedmax CF XS size. Just got mine shipped and I noticed that there is very little space between the front brake and stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [kaczy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kaczy wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have experience in assembling Aeria Ultimate Hydration with Speedmax CF XS size. Just got mine shipped and I noticed that there is very little space between the front brake and stem.

Not an XS, but I took some measurements with my medium. There's 2.5" between bottom of the hydration to the brake mounting bolts. Less for you I assume. Also to note, this is with the 40mm spacer under the stem that the Speedmax ships with
With the ultegra brake your cable won't be hidden.
With a tririg brake, I imagine the hydration would overlap the brake a bit but shouldn't be a problem. There's plenty of space behind the bottle and under the fairing

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:

Not an XS, but I took some measurements with my medium. There's 2.5" between bottom of the hydration to the brake mounting bolts. Less for you I assume. Also to note, this is with the 40mm spacer under the stem that the Speedmax ships with
With a tririg brake, I imagine the hydration would overlap the brake a bit but shouldn't be a problem. There's plenty of space behind the bottle and under the fairing

Did some math an it seems that in my case the space from the bottom of the hydration to the brake mounting bolts will be 23mm. Can someone be that kind and check on his/her Aeria this measure from the picture?

Last edited by: kaczy: Nov 17, 19 13:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaczy wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering the same. Mine will be arriving on the 2nd and I'm really interested in this set-up, if the front end of my bike has room.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaczy wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:

Did some math an it seems that in my case the space from the bottom of the hydration to the brake mounting bolts will be 23mm. Can someone be that kind and check on his/her Aeria this measure from the picture?

Must have missed this originally. That side measures 4 5/8 in

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank for your reply Ryanppax

This means that there is only 1,3cm of free space between the bottom of the hydration to the brake mounting bolts. So it will be quite difficult to fit that Aeria there with fully functional front brake. Probably I will have to swap my front brake for Tririg Omega or something.

Anyway thanks for the measures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaczy wrote:
Thank for your reply Ryanppax

This means that there is only 1,3cm of free space between the bottom of the hydration to the brake mounting bolts. So it will be quite difficult to fit that Aeria there with fully functional front brake. Probably I will have to swap my front brake for Tririg Omega or something.

Anyway thanks for the measures.

Did you end up trying this? I'd really like to try this setup with my own XS CF...if there's any chance that it will fit.

Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [zoomydu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoomydu wrote:

Did you end up trying this? I'd really like to try this setup with my own XS CF...if there's any chance that it will fit.

For now this 'project' is on-hold. Decided to invest in the racing wheels first. Then - if my wallet allows - I will return to Aeria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaczy wrote:
zoomydu wrote:

For now this 'project' is on-hold. Decided to invest in the racing wheels first. Then - if my wallet allows - I will return to Aeria.

I totally get this. Hmm...I wonder if they're difficult with returns if I were to order it and have it not fit. My birthday is in ~2 weeks, so this would be a pretty cool birthday present.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just shot Profile an email...perhaps they know whether it's doable, or not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer, I sent photos from varying angles with a measuring tape for scale/reference. Profile confirmed that the Aeria will NOT work with the XS frame, unfortunately. *sadface*

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zoomydu wrote:
Bummer, I sent photos from varying angles with a measuring tape for scale/reference. Profile confirmed that the Aeria will NOT work with the XS frame, unfortunately. *sadface*

I got this bottle fitted with my frame when I got my bikefitting but I holded it in hand (unfortunately they didn't have any Aeria stem in stock). It looked like it is 'doable' but for sure it will require some tweaks. I have an idea how to install it but I need to have the stem and the bottle together to be sure it will work. Also I could always change the front brake to Tririg Omega but in Poland it is very expensive (taxes, customs fee etc.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kaczy wrote:
zoomydu wrote:

I got this bottle fitted with my frame when I got my bikefitting but I holded it in hand (unfortunately they didn't have any Aeria stem in stock). It looked like it is 'doable' but for sure it will require some tweaks. I have an idea how to install it but I need to have the stem and the bottle together to be sure it will work. Also I could always change the front brake to Tririg Omega but in Poland it is very expensive (taxes, customs fee etc.)

I wonder if they aren't taking into account any tweaks. Man, I wish there were someone out there who has tried this who can verify that it will work. Granted, it would end up being a very $$ solution, so I'll probably end up with something less pricey, but also less sleek.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zoomydu wrote:
(...) so I'll probably end up with something less pricey, but also less sleek.

Here's something less pricey, there's still a hope...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bwahaha...that looks like it would hold a LOT of fluids, though!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anybody ever have any luck fitting the Aeria HSF to an XS Speedmax CF.
I see you can not get a stem clamp to allow fitting the HSF to the Profile Seventeen stem (lighter and cheaper stem option.....)
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [GTNeil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also interested in hydration options for a CF in size XS. Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next