Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by coyote pelon [ In reply to ]
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote pelon wrote:
no senor, mas macho? Ruco El Coyote Pelon.. Vida pelon.

No necessito hacer ese challenge "NCC" cuando tenemos este aqui! Es gratis!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
1.) I see the Strava upload link is working - great and thanks. But what we really need is a freaking Instagram feed dammit! Every run should be followed by an Instagram photo (photoshopping pics and use of filters optional) followed by a #SLOWTWITCH100_100. The hash tag can instantly link all the Slowtwitch runs together and help us build our brand and raise awareness for our charity.

I do digital marketing for my 9 to 5. Dan, PM or email me if you want any help to facilitate. I'd suggest using a the #ST100in100 hashtag, and the ST account can repost one per day or something.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

1.) I see the Strava upload link is working - great and thanks. But what we really need is a freaking Instagram feed dammit! Every run should be followed by an Instagram photo (photoshopping pics and use of filters optional) followed by a #SLOWTWITCH100_100. The hash tag can instantly link all the Slowtwitch runs together and help us build our brand and raise awareness for our charity.

I do digital marketing for my 9 to 5. Dan, PM or email me if you want any help to facilitate. I'd suggest using a the #ST100in100 hashtag, and the ST account can repost one per day or something.

thank you for the offer. will likely take you up on it. i just don't want our social efforts to overlap. we'll look a this this morning, and then i or ryan heisler will reach out to you via PM.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're working on it - just doing some tag research and other due diligence before we unleash this thing upon the world.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all -

Is it possible to send me a link to last years results, or multiple previous years?

I'm curious how many made it to 100, or 90, etc.

Thanks

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://training.slowtwitch.com/challenges/leaderboard/15

Took me a few minutes to find it the other day. I managed only 13 last year, shouldn't be too hard to beat that.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I get some help signing up? I sign into Strava, but I can't find the challenge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [mmtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmtri10 wrote:
Can I get some help signing up? I sign into Strava, but I can't find the challenge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's here on ST. ST will auto upload your Strava workouts once you set it up.

https://training.slowtwitch.com/challenges/
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:
https://training.slowtwitch.com/challenges/leaderboard/15

Took me a few minutes to find it the other day. I managed only 13 last year, shouldn't be too hard to beat that.

Thanks. Using your URL I also found 2016/17
https://training.slowtwitch.com/...lenges/leaderboard/1

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Dev, if you don't mind sharing, what does the final scar look like now?

OK my grievance is that I can't use this minimal remaining scar as an excuse that my running sucks

5 months ago

last weekend's 100 fly (I wish I could run 100m that fast....not that my fly is worth any really speed claims but whatever). I'm still missing strength and power through the elbow and in the 2 swim races I did, I had a hard time when I really tried to push the force through my elbow

Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2.) We need a freaking Charity!...

+ 1 on this

There is a smart phone app, iOS and Android , named Charity Miles. Download it and $ .25 for every mile goes to the charity of your choice on their list of about 40 charities. (Also .10 per mile for miles on a bike).
This is a great app, it’s free, and the 100/100 group can literally raise thousands of dollars for charity.

Let’s do it!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well if you guys are excited for a charity, I've been spending the last year in angel investor and VC offices to fight climate change with smart software systems and getting beaten up and bruised (because that is generally what they do). I'm half serious because unlike applying AI to some stupid social media app or the like, we're actually trying to do something socially meaningful with our brain power. But generally we get thrown in the same bucket as useless stuff by most investors.

Anyway you can read about some of it here:

https://obj.ca/...-1m-pre-seed-funding

https://privatecapitaljournal.com/bluwave-secures-1m-pre-seed-financing/

I won't say i am burnt out of fundraising but since that is my other full time job at my startup, I don't have much endurance left over to manage that for 100/100.
In any case, if I have my 2 cents, it would be something that helps physically challenged people with prosthetics so they can do sport, or it would be something that helps blind people get around (guide dogs or whatever).
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am skiing for a week pre christmas and will play catch-up from day 1.

Not fair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That healed up exceptionally well! Are you sure you're not a Super Hero ;) .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we please set minimum threshold for this challenge outside 30 min please. Walking should not count. How about no more than 2 min Mile slower as pace, based off last race? Or any other ideas...?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Can we please set minimum threshold for this challenge outside 30 min please. Walking should not count. How about no more than 2 min Mile slower as pace, based off last race? Or any other ideas...?

There already is.. one foot must be off the ground at all times. That means no walking.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [PeterP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeterP wrote:
synthetic wrote:

There already is.. one foot must be off the ground at all times. That means no walking.

Ehh I've seen people speed walk 17min 5k...
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All:

We're going to try something new this year with the challenge this year - if you're posting to Instagram about your running, please use one of the following hashtags:

#ST100in100
#ST100Runs100Days

By using the tags, you agree that we could reshare that content. There is a chance you'll be featured on the Slowtwitch Instagram feed - either as a standalone pic, as a collage, or as part of an IG story.

I can't promise that we'll re-share daily -- but we'll definitely be telling more of your stories this year.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next