Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first ironman in lake placid today. I wore the kiwami LD sleeved one piece. It was amazing. It was comfortable and cool the whole day. Would pay that again for that suit. Thanks for the suggestion Gary. Anybisy looking for a suit you can't go wrong with this.

David

H & A Racing
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [dbro1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dbro1 wrote:
Just finished my first ironman in lake placid today. I wore the kiwami LD sleeved one piece. It was amazing. It was comfortable and cool the whole day. Would pay that again for that suit. Thanks for the suggestion Gary. Anybisy looking for a suit you can't go wrong with this.

Thanks for the update David, and Congrats! Sounds like you had a good day....
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [joelcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Ive been with them for two seasons now. Pics below are from last year, where I ended up buying two suits due to a change in sponsors, and the black one is from this eyar, going on my second one for the same reason as well. as far as I'm concerned,best bang for buck out there! Not changing brand anytime soon.

http://www.ironmanangolano.com/
- 10X IM 70.3, PB 4h:45
- 4X IM, PB 10h:16
- 1X IM 70.3 World Champs (2014)
Instagram @ironmanangolano
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the SLS suit for the 49 offer they had. It is fair, I am 5.11, 170 lbs, and the suit feels 'big' to me around the mid section. I would like to see it a little tighter. Wore it in 1 race so far, and 3 training sessions, and one of the seems looks like it is pulling. I will have to take a closer look to see how bad. I wish the back pocket had a flap to cover it (like my LG does), but for the price I can't complain. Was not too warm (my race was a rather hot day).
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it's a little late in the season but I just wanted to give a thumbs up on the LG suit. I have finally found a suit that fits me well. It's compressive but not restrictive (no wrinkles!). I find the pad to be just right for tris, and IMHO, TTs as well. Finally, I'm very impressed with the construction, both stitching and the materials. Some suits I've tried on in the past just feel flimsy. This one feels like it's built to last.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BoKnowsT1D wrote:
I know it's a little late in the season but I just wanted to give a thumbs up on the LG suit. I have finally found a suit that fits me well. It's compressive but not restrictive (no wrinkles!). I find the pad to be just right for tris, and IMHO, TTs as well. Finally, I'm very impressed with the construction, both stitching and the materials. Some suits I've tried on in the past just feel flimsy. This one feels like it's built to last.

I'm a fan of the LG as well. Very good fit, nice minimal pad.
Did you find you had to size down compared to other trisuits? I'm 5'10 178, and I'm always a medium, no way I could ever squeeze into a small.....but in the LG, I needed a small.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BoKnowsT1D wrote:

+1 to the LG. Very comfortable and fit is excellent. But after racing in it 4-5 times the fabric around my waste is deteriorating. Odd. I love that suit!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fit is slightly larger on the LG. I'm not sure if it's a full size. It's ability to stretch allows a decent amount of leeway to size down for a tighter fit.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [tctritexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally feel the same way! What did you end up going with?

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [in10siv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been using my custom team 2XU w ROKA swim skin over it. Don't know which is slower but I bet we see a trend in swim skins going to short sleeves soon.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [tctritexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience with Roka's triathlon apparel? I see Roka just announced, Men's Gen II Elite Aero Short Sleeve Tri Suit (https://www.roka.com/...hort-sleeve-tri-suit), to ship September 11. Am considering this trisuit along with Kiwami.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received the Kiwami Spider LD trisuit. I like it but I think I might return it since the "shirt" part doesn't go far enough below the shorts. If I lift my arms up the "shirt" part rises up so you can see my belly. Its kind of annoying to have this. It almost needs an elastic/gripper at the end of it so it stays snug to the body.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same poor fit issue with that suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their last gen sleeved suit is the comfiest suit I have. That said, I wouldn't want to wear it in hot weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw this (photo) and made the mistake of asking Emilio if he was going to make it in the Riviera suit.

So, apparently the answer was......"Yours can be the first one!".

So, it shall be.
Last edited by: nc452010: Sep 5, 17 8:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been managing team orders through Pactimo for a few years and they just released what finally looks like a worthy sleeved tri suit that can be custom made. They 'introduced' one this year (that I'm pretty sure was never actually made for anybody) with a REAR zip and no pocket options. A rear zip sleeved suit? Weird.

Anyhow, it looks like they have a lot of details right on this one and you can do as small as a 5 piece order without too much hassle. Your choice of sleeves or not and you can add pockets on the back or thigh. I don't see the utility of the thigh pocket, but it drives me crazy that my trusty old Pearl Izumi Octane doesn't have anywhere to slip a flask or two. I should be wearing our club stuff, but I know I'm giving up speed with the sleeveless (and pocketless) tri suit.

**Updated with prices) Ascent level (with sleeves and pockets) is $121 and the Summit is $151 pre-tax for a minimum order of 5. If you want rear pockets, then it comes with the thigh pockets. It's all or nothing. We are starting the design process for the Summit.

Ascent example

Summit example

Last edited by: dangle: Oct 10, 17 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the same thing happens to me as well but I still love the suit! I've only worn mine for a 30 minute bike session and one sprint tri and the graphics are all cracking and peeling. I've emailed the various Kiwami sites through their 'contact us' section and haven't received any responses. Pretty disappointing.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This happened to me as well; they did repair it but I had to pay for shipping and was certainly disappointed to see that happen in a $300 suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Roka's triathlon apparel? I see Roka just announced, Men's Gen II Elite Aero Short Sleeve Tri Suit (https://www.roka.com/...hort-sleeve-tri-suit), to ship September 11. Am considering this trisuit along with Kiwami.

Pre-ordered it in Medium and Large. Not sure which will be a better fit for me, but the suit looks great and everyone I know who has the old one loves it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Their last gen sleeved suit is the comfiest suit I have. That said, I wouldn't want to wear it in hot weather.

Why not in hot weather? I wore it in a few hot Florida races without an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I wore it on one long brick back in May (I'm in CFL) and melted. My go-to hot weather gear is either a sleeveless Kiwami or PI shorts and my white Castelli aero top (whatever they call it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Received the new Roka tri suit Friday, the 8th wasn't suppose to ship until the 11th. The suit is awesome and fits like a glove. I'm 6'5" 182#'s and it's been hard to find a suit that fits, have the MT. The suit has no wrinkles and the length is great. The legs come down like nice cycling shorts and the arms are about to my elbows. The material and construction are top notch. It was great finding a top quality suit for tall people have spent a lot of money sending suits back, this one is a keeper thanks Roka!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [sorr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The laser cut hems with the tacky interior they use on the bibs really makes the fit on the lower half. I just wish they had leg or hip holsters paired with the lower rear back pockets.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you referring to cycling bibs here?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
Quote Reply

Prev Next