Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of looks like someone just got out of prison..."Sir, we're going to have to hold your progress in this race to check on any possible warrants..."
johnnybefit wrote:
CCF wrote:
mbecks2 wrote:

These are great suits, check it out here... https://www.wattieink.com/...?variant=36881450958

Oh man, I'm sure that's good suit, but damn it's fugly.

I really like it and wish it came in my size!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
I really want something that is full zip for easier ventilation and piss-stops on the run.

Maybe you've found a suit already, but not sure how much ventilation benefit you'll get from a full zip suit with the new zipper-to-sternum limit. Considering it is enforced.

*Edit* I missed the piss-stop part. Carry on.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Last edited by: way2sloow: Mar 29, 17 1:49
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Kiwami suit is not connected in the front, so "piss stops" are no issue at all, even with the zipper fully engaged.

way2sloow wrote:
TriowaCPA wrote:
I really want something that is full zip for easier ventilation and piss-stops on the run.

Maybe you've found a suit already, but not sure how much ventilation benefit you'll get from a full zip suit with the new zipper-to-sternum limit. Considering it is enforced.

*Edit* I missed the piss-stop part. Carry on.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got experience with the new 2XU X-Vent full zip trisuit? The fabric of the color panels seems to have an ‘open structure’ and I’m wondering how the sun (UV) protection is.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally chose the Roka tri suit with sleeves in size ST as I am 165lbs 6'2". It fits tight but just ok. It feels good and should be fast. I will get the sponsor logos to be heat printed on it. Will see how it will end up as the small vertical stretch lines makes it a little bit tricky to do this.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BelgiumBike.com is the importer for Bioracer in the US.
There is a stock, semi custom and full custom option.
Fully custom is for 2 suits $1850. But you will have to travel to Florida to get measured.
They will pick you up, put you on hotel overnight and feed you for that price as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw this today from Voler while looking for some new bib shorts (love their cycling stuff)

http://www.voler.com/...e/product/li/1010J13

Looks like a good price anyone have any experience?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
siemons wrote:
Anyone got experience with the new 2XU X-Vent full zip trisuit? The fabric of the color panels seems to have an ‘open structure’ and I’m wondering how the sun (UV) protection is.

I bought a new version of the Kiwami Spider LD Aero (lime/blue) for racing, and since I like training in a one piece suit, I rolled the dice on the 2XU X-vent because the price is right. I've worn the Kiwami twice for short training BRICKs and the 2XU X-Vent for about a half-dozen 40+ mile Bikes/ BRICK Runs.

I must say, I absolutely love the X-Vent. It looks great; love the dimples on the sleeve ; it's super comfortable ; my iPhone 7 plus w/ case fits in the back side aero pocket ; the front bottom is separate the same as the Kiwami for nature breaks -- and actually I like the 2XU X-vent design in the front better because the fabric from the shorts(front waist) goes up further and covers the bottom of my belly, whereas the Kiwami waist fabric of the shorts barely comes up. Granted, I'm 5'10" and 187 lbs so someone with a greyhound build may not have this issue. Because of my build I also found the X-Vent more comfortable and stretchable to my frame.

Side by side, my guess is the Kiwami Spider LD Aero will test faster in a wind tunnel. The Kiwami clearer uses higher grade technical materials, which dry amazingly quick and repel water like Rain-X on a windshield -- water just beads up on the material and runs off; whereas the 2XU X-Vent absorbs the water. The Kiwami on me also has less wrinkles in the sleeves.

Right now, for a Sprint, Olympic and probably for Eagleman half I'm going to go with my Kiwami -- but right now if I were doing a 140.6 I'd definitely choose the X-Vent for comfort and cooling. The vents do work. And the Kiwami, for me does run warmer so far in my training experience.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
siemons wrote:

Oops, forgot to answer your UV question. I'm a fair skinned Scot who burns easily, and on one 60-miler/ 3-hour ride at high noon on a sunny day, the X-Vent provided 100% sun protection -- even on the vented sides. The vent is a mesh material, with no actual openings of any kind.

Also, the chamois is top notch. I actually like the X-vent chamois better than the Spider. It's a touch plusher, and leaves zero irritation on my bum.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ill Second or third that. I have worn a few different suits, and this is by FAR the most comfortable, easiest to put on suit i have ever owned. Worth the extra money!

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
Saw this today from Voler while looking for some new bib shorts (love their cycling stuff)

http://www.voler.com/...e/product/li/1010J13

Looks like a good price anyone have any experience?

I have both the sleeved and non-sleeved version. Excellent tri suits and I just tested these in the tunnel. I was quite surprised that they tested slightly faster than my Kiwami suit. I raced Choo in the suit and it was great.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I wear small in pretty much everything...
Some suits being a tad tight......5'8" 145-150 ....
would this be any different sizing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm exactly your height/weight. I wear Voler size small. No issue with it being too tight (it is snug, but comfortably so).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
Nice! I wear small in pretty much everything...
Some suits being a tad tight......5'8" 145-150 ....
would this be any different sizing?

You will be a Voler size small for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in both the 2xu X Vent and 2xu Compression.

I'm planning to use two suits for training and in races. It seems like there are a lot of nice features on the X Vent, like comfort and design (dimpled sleeves), but I don't like the fact that it seems to take on water. Obviously, I'm not dropping $369 on a Kiwami Spider so you can't have it all at $118. As well, I'm not sure I liked a high waist on the X Vent. I prefer a low rise waist. I'm 5'9" 160lbs.

The 2xu compression looks nice too. I like the compressive qualities.

What's the fit on the X Vent? It's not sloppy is it? Keep in mind I'd like to use
this for training and racing. Would you recommend 2xu X Vent or 2xu Compression?

BT_DreamChaser wrote:
siemons wrote:

I bought a new version of the Kiwami Spider LD Aero (lime/blue) for racing, and since I like training in a one piece suit, I rolled the dice on the 2XU X-vent because the price is right. I've worn the Kiwami twice for short training BRICKs and the 2XU X-Vent for about a half-dozen 40+ mile Bikes/ BRICK Runs.

I must say, I absolutely love the X-Vent. It looks great; love the dimples on the sleeve ; it's super comfortable ; my iPhone 7 plus w/ case fits in the back side aero pocket ; the front bottom is separate the same as the Kiwami for nature breaks -- and actually I like the 2XU X-vent design in the front better because the fabric from the shorts(front waist) goes up further and covers the bottom of my belly, whereas the Kiwami waist fabric of the shorts barely comes up. Granted, I'm 5'10" and 187 lbs so someone with a greyhound build may not have this issue. Because of my build I also found the X-Vent more comfortable and stretchable to my frame.

Side by side, my guess is the Kiwami Spider LD Aero will test faster in a wind tunnel. The Kiwami clearer uses higher grade technical materials, which dry amazingly quick and repel water like Rain-X on a windshield -- water just beads up on the material and runs off; whereas the 2XU X-Vent absorbs the water. The Kiwami on me also has less wrinkles in the sleeves.

Right now, for a Sprint, Olympic and probably for Eagleman half I'm going to go with my Kiwami -- but right now if I were doing a 140.6 I'd definitely choose the X-Vent for comfort and cooling. The vents do work. And the Kiwami, for me does run warmer so far in my training experience.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
siemons wrote:

Hope this helps.

Appreciate the thoughts. Swim Outlet has the X Vent for $118 right now. I just ordered one as you convinced me it was worth a shot.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:

I'm planning to use two suits for training and in races. It seems like there are a lot of nice features on the X Vent, like comfort and design (dimpled sleeves), but I don't like the fact that it seems to take on water. Obviously, I'm not dropping $369 on a Kiwami Spider so you can't have it all at $118. As well, I'm not sure I liked a high waist on the X Vent. I prefer a low rise waist. I'm 5'9" 160lbs.

What's the fit on the X Vent? It's not sloppy is it? Keep in mind I'd like to use
this for training and racing. Would you recommend 2xu X Vent or 2xu Compression? [/quote mwanner1]

I haven't worn a 2XU Compression tri suit so I can't offer an opinion. I've only worn the 2XU compression shorts, which I like very much. The X-Vent is definitely not compressive like their shorts, but still fits snug enough.

The X-Vent is certainly not sloppy; however it's not as "neat"/compressive as the Kiwami Spider LD Aero. But I do have issues with both, and both have pros and cons. The X-Vent thigh bands at the very end have lost some elasticity after 8 uses. Again, for the price point the X-Vent is comparable to a DeSoto Riviera Tri suit -- which I wore last year for Lake Placid full ; and I like the X-vent a lot more. It's also holding up better than the DeSoto '16 Riviera where the chamois pad rolled up in half inside the outer fabric.

I wore my Kiwami LD Aero Spider yesterday for a tempo 13 mile run, just my 3rd time wearing it, and the compressive attributes are noticeable and great. I'm disappointed thought that just after two ultra-delicate washings the spider design on the thighs is cracking - badly. Not sure how or if this will affect performance.
Last edited by: BT_DreamChaser: May 29, 17 13:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish the sleeved suits didn't all have pockets.

I am pale as a ghost and like the shoulder coverage, but do lots of short races so I'm not wearing a wetsuit. I have a swim skin and would love to get a trisuit I can swim in that I don't need to wear the skin over. I can only find sleeveless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
mwanner1 wrote:

this for training and racing. Would you recommend 2xu X Vent or 2xu Compression? [/quote mwanner1]

I haven't worn a 2XU Compression tri suit so I can't offer an opinion. I've only worn the 2XU compression shorts, which I like very much. The X-Vent is definitely not compressive like their shorts, but still fits snug enough.

The X-Vent is certainly not sloppy; however it's not as "neat"/compressive as the Kiwami Spider LD Aero. But I do have issues with both, and both have pros and cons. The X-Vent thigh bands at the very end have lost some elasticity after 8 uses. Again, for the price point the X-Vent is comparable to a DeSoto Riviera Tri suit -- which I wore last year for Lake Placid full ; and I like the X-vent a lot more. It's also holding up better than the DeSoto '16 Riviera where the chamois pad rolled up in half inside the outer fabric.

I wore my Kiwami LD Aero Spider yesterday for a tempo 13 mile run, just my 3rd time wearing it, and the compressive attributes are noticeable and great. I'm disappointed thought that just after two ultra-delicate washings the spider design on the thighs is cracking - badly. Not sure how or if this will affect performance.

I have not heard of the spider having such issues, and mine have all lasted like new after 1 and 2 seasons. Customer service is a very strong point with Kiwami, so please let Andre or me know and we'll look into it. We want you happy with your purchase and the support.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback on the X Vent.It sounds durable and comfortable. I'm pretty much down to the X Vent or Blueseventy TX2000. The problem with the Blueseventy is that it's currently out of stock and runs $175 to the X Vent at $118. I think the Blueseventy might be better in the water than the X Vent, but if it's not available for a month I'll probably go X Vent.

quote BT_DreamChaser]
mwanner1 wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You aren't suppose to machine wash the spider. Even if on ultra delicate. Kiwami has been pretty adamant about this. Hand wash only.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louis garneau m2 skin has no pockets
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, hadn't found that one.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 aero tri suit thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. That's my bad entirely. I even reached out to Andre for clarification on how to wash, and then chose not follow directions. Need to suck it up and just get used to handwashing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next