Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The depth and quality of names this season is impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:

If we gave out bonuses for punny nicknames, I'd be in the groupetto in no time.

Also, thanks to you and @buzz for the Franck vdB and Charly Gaul related posts.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
And nice sprint from LL KoolJ to nip Mads.

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:

If we gave out bonuses for punny nicknames, I'd be in the groupetto in no time.

Also, thanks to you and @buzz for the Franck vdB and Charly Gaul related posts.

Thank you too. Cycling has its own often tough history, but I love it none the less. I remember watching cycling bits on broadcast as a kid where Franck either animated a race or won it and despite not following it, I was captivated. He always had IT.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4C272psfVI/?igsh=MXc4ZW5yZjR2d25zYQ==

I'd say the same if someone just dropped 5 w/kg on an entire peloton for 5 1/2 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

10/10
Had many a business trip to Les Mureaux in the 2000s, and even flew with my bike on several occasions. Looking at the stage 1 route map brings back memories. Having nothing but flat roads in Houston, I really enjoyed Cote de Bazemont, and they hit it twice today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed that 99 Vuelta stage when VDB just hit the front and literally rode the whole peloton off his wheel.

On a separate note, Tirreno has started on fire wtih Ayuso beating Ganna in the opening TT by one second. More importantly, he now has a 22 second on Venga so it will make the mountain stages very exciting.
Last edited by: Engner66: Mar 4, 24 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to watch this season unfold, as it seems more than other years there are very specific goals for many of the big names. To include adding Olympics into the mix and who is going to what Grand Tour. Everyone has dates clearly circled.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His stage 19 attack of that year was epic.

Regarding Tirreno, that Ayuso result is amazing and sets this race up well. Visma did have the new aero-dong helmets, but the new front ends still aren't in for the riders.

I can't wait for Paris Nice to get to some of the harder stages as also to see Rog/Remco head to head.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Mar 4, 24 8:32
Quote Reply

Prev Next