Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a great win for he and the team.

Also, as someone who didn't know what an El Camino was until last week when I saw an old one on the roads and wondered wtf I was looking at, I can't help but to think of it every time I see something about O Gran Camino. The El Camino is the most spectacularly awful thing I've seen since the Subaru Brat. That is all. On to KBK.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Feb 25, 24 5:21
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTH with flo bikes and event not available in my area - this is the second time.

I'm cancel it and watch for free in tiz cycling

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FLO can be counted on for one thing; sucking and spoilers. Do you have a VPN? I assume that will get you the coverage you need from FLO.

Also, I wonder if Wout isn't doing all of this work the past few days purposely to break the race up and set up teammates who are going to be riding at his service during the monuments.

Hopefully Oier Como Va uploads his ride today so we can see what it took to be in this front group. I don't know who made that nickname (trail?) but I love it.
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Feb 25, 24 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
FLO can be counted on for one thing; sucking and spoilers. Do you have a VPN? I assume that will get you the coverage you need from FLO.

Also, I wonder if Wout isn't doing all of this work the past few days purposely to break the race up and set up teammates who are going to be riding at his service during the monuments.

I tried VPN but I guess is tie to the payment method someway somehow

yeah - not sure about what wout is doing...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agreed about wout. that's a $hit-ton of riding when you have 4 riders in a small chase group (and Matty Jorg + Mohoric 2 man tt chasing).
if any teammates do get to him - they'll be destroyed.

My only explanation is that I finally picked him when he was/is a big favorite - so he's seeing if he can win with brute force rather than tactics + force.
I dropped lazkano for today after a lackluster omloop. he is deservedly making me pay - mea culpa. the only ddue who might as good as wout at 90K 3-4 man tt is prob lazkano (if it couldnt be laporte and/or van baarle).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:

Or possibly as a ā€œtrainingā€ race of sorts to get primed for late March/ early April?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
agreed about wout. that's a $hit-ton of riding when you have 4 riders in a small chase group (and Matty Jorg + Mohoric 2 man tt chasing).
if any teammates do get to him - they'll be destroyed.

My only explanation is that I finally picked him when he was/is a big favorite - so he's seeing if he can win with brute force rather than tactics + force.
I dropped lazkano for today after a lackluster omloop. he is deservedly making me pay - mea culpa. the only ddue who might as good as wout at 90K 3-4 man tt is prob lazkano (if it couldnt be laporte and/or van baarle).

Looking at Lazkano's Omloop file, it looks like he wasn't riding to compete in the race (riding to support Garcia Cortina) and maybe was saving himself for today.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isnā€™t that his only tactic? šŸ˜‚

I donā€™t remember one race that he won because he was the most savy/smart racer out the bunch šŸ˜‚

Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:

Or possibly as a ā€œtrainingā€ race of sorts to get primed for late March/ early April?

That is my thought, but who knows. Can he and the front group stay away? They've expended a ton of kJs.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

I do get the impression Wout is all in for Holy Week, and any racing he's doing at this point is about setting him up for that, rather than amassing wins - though setting up teammates for victory is, as mentioned upthread, about paying it forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just woke up and tuned in. What the hell happened? I thought Wout ate too much wind yesterday and now he's 50k oat with nothing to do, but eat wind for another hour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 comments (then dog jog!):
agreed on tons of kjs - when wellens is calling team car a bunch with 60K to go - you know its brutal.
and
to treat this a training race is one thing if it is helping his teammates. yesterday was a good looking 'team' effort. to make your teammates chase you, for me is not a great look. he'll need everything from them in flanders and roubaix to deal with opponents at or above his level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tailwind assisted routing to the circuit, followed by the two circuits with people who normally don't have a shout of winning this race.

My bet is that at least WvA and one other stay away.

I think King KĆ¼ng would be right up there with these three were he racing today.
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 25, 24 6:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm back (again!). Been a few years :)

Stupid question during what sounds like the interesting part of the race. How are you all watching this? I dropped 150 bucks on flobikes yesterday and KBK is not viewable? I feel like old people and technology right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet those three off the front wish they had a Kung with them right now.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
echappist wrote:

I do get the impression Wout is all in for Holy Week, and any racing he's doing at this point is about setting him up for that, rather than amassing wins - though setting up teammates for victory is, as mentioned upthread, about paying it forward.

These first races are pure training camp/pre-season for the big ones. Learning how to work and showing looks to get in everyone elseā€™s head. Yesterday they showed trips right, and Tratnik was found wide open out of the backfield. Matteo adds so much. Yesterday was showing threat (bummer he hit a headwind), today is marking Mohoric.
Last edited by: WannaB: Feb 25, 24 7:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they are generally splitting pulls at 30s each. Lazkarno did a few 45s turns, and WvA did a 60s turn when the road was mainly downhill.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
I'm back (again!). Been a few years :)

Stupid question during what sounds like the interesting part of the race. How are you all watching this? I dropped 150 bucks on flobikes yesterday and KBK is not viewable? I feel like old people and technology right now.

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear you already ponied up $150 to Flo. It does allow monthly pass now (at the outrageous price of $30/month).

Given your roots in an EU country, the best option for you may be (in the future) VPN + Eurosport.

Unfortunately, you are stuck with that $150 for now :(
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tiz Cycling is how I'm watching it.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Tiz Cycling is how I'm watching it.

thanks boss...been so long I couldn't remember the places I used to frequent (such as tiz..)

cheerio
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great seeing T Dub looking so good this weekend. Back to his old self.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
The El Camino is the most spectacularly awful thing I've seen since the Subaru Brat. That is all. On to KBK.

Haha. Yeah. There is a cult following for the El Camino now. Not a pickup, not a station wagon. But very cool now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm excited about my sprinter picks coming in for a meaningless bunch gallop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't hit much at Omloop, but I've got the podium nailed today, though I doubt my pick for Lazkano at first holds. This looks like a Wout, Wellens, Lazkano finish in that order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Playing games with 2.5 kms to go. Wellens and Lazkarno better hope they don't screw the pooch here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next