Prev Next
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time trials this morning.

1000 w/up
100 - 1:06.5
200 easy
few minutes rest
500 - 6:36 (legs were tired from 5k Saturday and tough trainer ride Sunday)
300 cool down

2100 SCM

Bruce
ALBOPADS XTERRAWETSUITS NEWTON OAKLEY FIZIK GARMIN ROTOR COMPUTRAINER QUARQ HONEYSTINGER
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
500 swim
5x100 various kicks
3x200 on 3:00 2:19/:20/:20
4x100 on 1:45 1:06/:08/:04/:04
100 cool down

2100 scy

A few hours after yesterday's leg cramps in the pool, I did a 7.6 mile run and dehydrated myself more than I realized. Seems like I drank gallons of water afterwards and was pretty much useless the rest of the day. Didn't know what this AM's swim would feel like. I felt strong... kinda like a breakthrough, maybe reached a new plateau.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [bryan913] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bryan913 wrote:
Ken
I think I was with your "idiots" at the swim meet. The one in Toms River?

Yes, I figured you were doing the meet. How'd it go? Good thing Nancy didn't do the 500/1000, else you might have been chicked and geezered by the same person!

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, I know. She got me last year, but I redeemed myself in the 200. She's a great swimmer, no doubt.
The meet went pretty well. Long day as usual, but I'm pleased with my 1000 and 500 times, which is what i was going down to race. You should have swam!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job Bryan on your swims, the 500 and 1000 looked solid. And the 100 was pretty much in line with your rolling 50, so not bad, especially when you figure the culmulative effect of swimming all those races in one day. Did you actually do much real speed work leading up, or more distance?? Not bad on the 50 breast either, i will swim the 100 instead, but that is about what my goal time would be for a 50. When you get old like me, either all you have is 50 speed, or none at all, nothing inbetween. I will podium in my distance events, and in the 50's I'm lucky to get top 20..

And how did Ken's gal do at the meet, sounds like she has been rocking some good workouts. Just want to know if I would get chicked and geezered at the same time, now that is a depressing thought...I guess I always have that 50fly to hold onto some sembelance of my machoness..(-; Anyway, thanks for posting up your results for us..
Last edited by: monty: Feb 14, 11 11:05
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, monty.
That's very true about the cumulative effect. The 100 was only about a half hour after the 1000, so I was definitely a little tight from that.
I did the 50 Breast over the 100 because the 100 was right before the 500, so I didn't want to mess that up. I guess I'm not disappointed with my time, it's jsut that I seeded myself 2.5 seconds faster! I had no clue!
The lady Ken knows is didn't swim her usual events. She's usually good for ~5:40 in a 500, though, and is somewhere in the 50-54AG. Very strong swimmer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Results are here: http://www.ocyswimmeets.org/...20Results%202011.pdf

Some very fast young'uns there. Don't know why Nancy chose to swim what she calls "short stuff" like the 200 fly.

If I had known for sure that Bryan was going to be there, I'd have suggested (in a PM :-) he "check out" another of our morning women...

Good job, Bryan. Nothing like starting your meet with a 1000 free!

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, we have about 4 or 5 of those kind of girls at our workouts too, only one big problem. I'm swimming with all their fathers in my lanes, so it is very hard for me to sneak peaks, and even when I do, I get a very weird vibe, like I'm some kind pervert.. Then some other gal walks by, and the fathers and I all oogle together, and the world is right again...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Ya, we have about 4 or 5 of those kind of girls at our workouts too, only one big problem. I'm swimming with all their fathers in my lanes, so it is very hard for me to sneak peaks, and even when I do, I get a very weird vibe, like I'm some kind pervert.. Then some other gal walks by, and the fathers and I all oogle together, and the world is right again...

'Cept this particular one is only one AGs behind us, Monty. And she has this particularly nasty habit of taking her first lap in practice underwater...fly kick.

If you are reading this, Jason, this doesn't go any further. Though I do think I mentioned that to her some time ago.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winter thaw this weekend: 17 1/2 mile run and 30 mile road bike = easy swim on Monday.
1500yds mostly drill and kick.
Tried something new today. Kick w/o board using snorkle. Face down, arms stretched out in front, hands crossed was easy on neck and felt fast (for me). I will do more of these.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three sets I enjoyed from a masters group I trained with during vacation:

2x through the following, all on 1:10 interval — 50, 75, 50, 100.

2 sets of 5x100 — first and last of each series straight through for time; second one a 25, :10 rest, then a 75; third one a 50, :10 rest, then another 50; fourth one a 75, :10 rest, then a 25. We did it on 2:30 with it in mind to go all-out each time.

10x100 IM — odds take out 25 of your worst stroke and replace with 25 of your best stroke, other than freestyle (i.e., by 25, fly-fly-breast-free); evens straight 100 IM. @ 2:30, I think.

-------------------------------------------
"The hero is someone in continual opposition to the status quo. The hero is always becoming himself." Jos� Ortega y Gasset.

"The enthusiasm (absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit) is needed before breaking the milestone and not after." Sergio Escutia, on Lukas Verzbicas' subdued reaction to breaking 4 minutes in the mile.
Last edited by: Kaka: Feb 14, 11 15:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha. Chances are I was on the lookout anyway!!!
Gotta love the distance events. There's another meet March 19th at Drew U if you're interested. The final event is a 1650..I wouldn't have it any other way.

Since this is a workout thread, I'll post the workout I did this morning.
500 W/U
10x50 - 25 kick/25 drill
4x150 Pull on 2:10
3x450 with fins, 75swim, 75kick repeated 3 times.
No cool down as I realized I was 5 minutes late.
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [Kaka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kaka, I like those.

No swim for me yesterday - 65 min on the trainer then a 4 mi run instead.
Today ? got a TON of schoolwork to do so we'll see.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bryan913 wrote:
Haha. Chances are I was on the lookout anyway!!!
Gotta love the distance events. There's another meet March 19th at Drew U if you're interested. The final event is a 1650..I wouldn't have it any other way.

March 19 is three weeks after surgery, so I'm guessing that my ortho won't look kindly on my racing.

2/15:

600 w/u
50 on 1:00
2x300 on 4:15 (3:42/3:40)
3x200 on 2:45 (2:22s)
4x150 on 2:10 (1:47/only 100/1:50/1:47)
6x100 on 1:25 (1:10/1:11/1:14/only 50/1:10/1:09)

3200 scy

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, bummer. Sorry to hear.

Today was another tough one.

400 Swim
200 Kick
200 Pull
2x75 Build on 1:15

7x200 on 3:00
4x100 on 1:20
50 Easy
4x100 on 1:20

200 Cool Down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flip Turns: Day 2. Much more comfortable today with the turn, but man what happened to my breathing?

I guess I really was taking in a big gulp of air as I was hanging onto the rail during an open turn.

I'm starting to time my last breath better before the turn, but still had to go back to some basic breathing exercises after my main set.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to pool late, so had to shorten it up. Made up for it by pushing it harder.
500 free
5x100 various kicks
3x150 on 2:00 1:40/:40/:39
2x100 on 1:30 1:05/:04
2x50 on 1:00 :31/:30
100 cool down

1850 scy

Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
No swim for me today; I've got a backache to go along with my sore elbow and there is a 17mile run on my marathon training plan for tomorrow. Wish me luck as I believe I will need it.

2nd day for me out of the pool... we are all sick in the house. The little one was pretty rough last night so we took her in and they did a rehydration protocol with her...

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: "Feb" Fish thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting the Kids ready for the State Champs.

I have been "trying" to swim with them when we are fully staffed, but it hurts "so goooooood!"

Today,

warm-1000 free
drill-10 x 50 on the :60, drill 25/25 swim 1500
mainset-8 x 75's on the :60
8 x 150's on the 2:40
8 x 75's stroke on the :75 3700
drill-20 x 25 off the block no breathe 4200
cool-2 x 300 ez ez ez swim 4800
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I took Thursday and Friday off due to a mild case of shin splints.

In the past two months, I've knocked it down from 40mpw to 26. Trying to stay healthy and get some speed into the legs.

Today:

3300 scy straight 47:05 (22:50, 24:15).

Wanted to negative split it and felt good, but had to change lanes unexpectedly at about 2200. Threw off my rhythm, but still somewhat built the last 500.

Quote | Reply
We actually had 7 people swimming today's workout. That's a first this year!
3000scy as 6 500s
20x25 swim,stroke,drill,sprint on 5 sec
10x50 on the 50
5x100 on the 1:45
2x250 20 sec
500 tt
200,150,100,50 15 sec
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch, I don't miss those years. Hope she gets well soon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

the emergency room was a breeze compared to when we have taken our son. But given her underlying medical issues it makes total sense, I'm sure there were people in the waiting room that were thinking WTF when we got called back to a treatment room in under 5 minutes. She had lost a bunch of weight too. I'm hoping we don't have to go again tonight. She had a slight relapse today so our clinic nurse had a pow wow with their team and we just gave her pedialite for her last feed and will resume her EBM/Formula combo on her next feed.... If it doesn't go well back she goes. I am so glad we live 15 minutes from top notch children's hospitals.

EDIT:

She's probably in overnight and I am home with the boy... nothing like a Thomas the train video... oh yeah the tranny in our minivan is dying too...

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Last edited by: realAlbertan: Feb 15, 11 20:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
900 w/up
200 sprint (1:10-1:12.7)
200 cruise
1000 TT Nothing like pulling a piano for 700 meters. That hurt a lot. Not even worth posting the time.
300 cool down

2600SCM

Bruce
ALBOPADS XTERRAWETSUITS NEWTON OAKLEY FIZIK GARMIN ROTOR COMPUTRAINER QUARQ HONEYSTINGER
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
500 swim 6:10
5x100 various kicks
1000 pyramid (50-100-150-200 and back down) based on :45/50 :30/1:05/1:44/2:20/2:19/1:44/1:04/:29
100 cool down
2100 scy

Quote Reply

Prev Next