Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa Ken, nice one!

My goal is sub 1:00 by mid-March. I might have to "cheat" and start off the blocks to be anywhere near your time.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did an easy 1500 during lessons again... should be able to do some harder stuff in the AM... I went skiing from 9-10 am and swam during my son's 12-12:30 lesson and was not tired. wierd weather this week, uber cold Monday to Friday, warms up for the weekend and then uber cold for the upcoming week, what gives... looks like the following weekend we will crack 0C and hopefully the day time temps will largely stay there.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100 for time from a wall push: ~57.1 (~:13.4, ~:14.1, ~:14.7, ~:14.9)

Ya, way to go Ken. I asked you to put it out there for Halfspeed and I, and boy did you. I doubt that I will do it from a push in workout, but I will say that I have to do a 56 low from a dive to equal what you did. Only question is, if I will get a chance to swim a 100 free, maybe on a relay, I will try and lead off. I already don't have enough meets and swims to do the events I want to. Gonna try and do a short pentathlon next sunday if i can work it out. 50 of each and a 100 IM, all my worst distances, but at least not long enough to be painful. Only thing that hurts is seeing your time after it is all done, and the 65+ guys kicking your ass!!! Maybe if I can do a 26 flat for my 50 I might have a chance at you. Good thing you are in that younger AG than me, or I would really feel bad..(-;

Good luck with the surgery, speedy recovery..
M
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt lazy today.

500 free
5x100 various kicks
5x150 free on 2:00 (1:41/:44/:44/:45/:43)
250 various kicks
5x50 free on 1:00 (all :31 I even pushed the last one harder - made no difference)
250 cool down

2500 scy

Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [swim203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was a 22 mile run so today was an easy swim with lots of rest.

SCY
200 Swim
200 Kick
200 Pull (no paddles)
8x75 IM Order 1:20 k/d/s by 25

:30 second base per 25...
25-25-50, 25-75, 25-50-25, 75-25, 50-25-25
All 25's sprint
3x125 pull (no paddles) 1:30
200 IM Drill

:25 second base per 25...
25-25-50, 25-75, 25-50-25, 75-25, 50-25-25
All 25's sprint fly
3x125 pull 1:30
200 Kick
100 easy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
80 Degrees outside yesterday. Made for a great 31M on the bike.

Back in the pool for the last day of the month.

3,000 scy. Main set 8x200's Clock was broke at the pool, so I'm gonna say I did them really fast!

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a fun month of swimming. I've never had so much incentive to improve until I joined this monthly thread. Thanks all. And now the bad news. No swim today as somehow I effed up my knee. Can't hardly walk with the most pain just trying to get to a standing position. Heading to the doc to see what I done to it.

Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope the knee is better in short order.

This hasn't been a good month of swimming for me but I'm looking to do better in March. I got bogged down with school, general exhaustion, and other excuses this month.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [Nicko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your advice, I will try that and if/when I get down to 1:40 I'm gonna fricken celebrate.

O and btw, your right it is terribly difficult to go that slow, but I have sped up from my races last year where I averaged 2:30 / 100yds...now that's SLOW.

I am getting lessons at the Y, where I swim with the 8yo girls who crush me, its very embarrassing.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Hope the knee is better in short order.

This hasn't been a good month of swimming for me but I'm looking to do better in March. I got bogged down with school, general exhaustion, and other excuses this month.

Same here.... crazy month...

swam another short session ...

15 x 100 @1:25 av 1:15

100 easy

1600 scm

Transfer to my new postion at work tomorrow... so new office, new commute, no moving house this time...

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swam 3000 scy yesterday with a light bike and elliptical afterward. Trying to be easy on my left foot.

Anyway, 3000 was mostly easy only things of note were 5x100 at 1:20 leaving on 2:00, and a 1000 in 15:00.

I'd like to be able to do a workout of 4000scy in an hour before the year is out.. Might be pushing it a little, but I think I can at least get close. The 1000 was that pace and I swam the first 700 of that easy. The trick is not pushing too hard, I've always had a problem racing during my swim workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks TC. It appears I got bit by some insect just below my knee - little purple spot. So I have an infection and am taking antibiotics. Should clear up fast.
At least you kept some maintenance going. You'll be fine.

Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your knee, but at least you know what it is and that you will be good to go soon;

So birthday set is in the books, after a 500 warm up, did the 55x 100SCY @ 1;15p. We started with 4 in the lane, but #2 dropped at 8, so we had to do that one on the 1;10. But I held 1;07 to 1;09's the entire time, and busted out a 1;05 on the last one. The guy leading was on fire, so he stayed there the entire 55, doing 1;07's to 1;04's. He is 45 years old, the guy in 2nd position is turning 60, and he held 1;07 to 1;10's. It's a tough crowd I swim with, and 3 of the guys were no shows. So average of all who made it was about 53, so you and Ken would have fit right in..

500 warm up
55x100p @ 1;15- 1;05 to 1;09
6000SCY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot my watch tonight and just didn't want to do any sets. So, I just swam 40 minutes straight. For the last 10 minutes, I was the only one swimming at the pool.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome set, Monty and Happy Birthday! Welcome to the double-nickel club. I haven't even attempted any repeats on the 1:15 yet.. amazing!

I think I'll be swimming tomorrow, though I may need to use the ladder to climb out of the pool. Keeping the knee flexible/in motion without really stressing it will be good.
At the end of April, one of the pool mangers is turning 60 and we're having a 6000 yard pool party followed by an on-deck potluck dinner. It should be fun. It won't be anything like your set, though, as most these guys are slow. I can typically lap them within 200 yards. So maybe I'll add another 10% to 20% to the yardage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Sorry to hear about your knee, but at least you know what it is and that you will be good to go soon;

So birthday set is in the books, after a 500 warm up, did the 55x 100SCY @ 1;15p. We started with 4 in the lane, but #2 dropped at 8, so we had to do that one on the 1;10. But I held 1;07 to 1;09's the entire time, and busted out a 1;05 on the last one. The guy leading was on fire, so he stayed there the entire 55, doing 1;07's to 1;04's. He is 45 years old, the guy in 2nd position is turning 60, and he held 1;07 to 1;10's. It's a tough crowd I swim with, and 3 of the guys were no shows. So average of all who made it was about 53, so you and Ken would have fit right in..

500 warm up
55x100p @ 1;15- 1;05 to 1;09
6000SCY

Now I know that your paddle sets give you a bunch of "free" time, but that is one awesome set. Like 11x500 on 6:15! Very impressive.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. That trumps any workout I've done. Happy Birthday and awesome swim!

I was going to post my workout, but realized it's 3/1 and need to find the March thread!
Quote Reply

Prev Next