Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FLO 60 and 90 wheel review
Quote | Reply
I saw this on FLO's blog today. TriRig reviewed their wheels. Looks like some pretty good stuff.

http://bit.ly/lmE3Za


Sorry if this has already been posted.
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Running Doc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running Doc wrote:
I saw this on FLO's blog today. TriRig reviewed their wheels. Looks like some pretty good stuff.

http://bit.ly/lmE3Za


Sorry if this has already been posted.

My search spider picked this up last night. I'm glad you liked the review!

Thanks for the support,


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice. It's sweet to see you guys make so much progress.
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if anyone's asked this yet -- are your training wheels going to be built with round spokes or CX-Rays? Seems like using round spokes would be a good way to bring the cost down for the relatively-non-aero-anyway training wheels.

Asad
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frenchman wrote:
Very nice. It's sweet to see you guys make so much progress.

I appreciate the compliments. I'm glad you like what you see!

Take care,


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
Not sure if anyone's asked this yet -- are your training wheels going to be built with round spokes or CX-Rays? Seems like using round spokes would be a good way to bring the cost down for the relatively-non-aero-anyway training wheels.

Asad

Our training/climbing wheels will be built with CX-Ray spokes. We were in the A2 Wind Tunnel last week and believe it or not our custom FLO rim shape test much more aero than a standard OEM rim. We are going to stick with the CX-Ray spokes simply because they are just such a great spoke. And hey... if your trainers can also be aero, then why not ;)


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Non Machined brake track makes the wheels look seemless.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Running Doc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that too. Continue to be very impressed.



Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
The Non Machined brake track makes the wheels look seemless.

It's still a machined brake track, it's just anodized black.
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris, when are you going to post up some close up pics of that disc?
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheels look really great. And you guys are doing a great job of viral marketing and building anticipation.

So what are the chances of having your disk in hand by late July/early August? Looks like on FB you mention preorders in June. Not really worth bothering to buy this year unless I could get it by then.

I'm sure you guys are going to do great in the long run but you may miss a lot of sales in the short run if you miss most of this season... but then again I'm sure I don't need to tell you that!
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
The Non Machined brake track makes the wheels look seemless.

Good eyes! These prototype rims are not machined. Our production model rims will be welded and machined to ensure you have a smooth braking surface.

All the best,


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Wheels look really great. And you guys are doing a great job of viral marketing and building anticipation.

So what are the chances of having your disk in hand by late July/early August? Looks like on FB you mention preorders in June. Not really worth bothering to buy this year unless I could get it by then.

I'm sure you guys are going to do great in the long run but you may miss a lot of sales in the short run if you miss most of this season... but then again I'm sure I don't need to tell you that!

I think at the price point they are talking about, they aren't going to have to worry about sales....now or in the future.

https://www.miles4matt.run/
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any rough idea on when you will start shipping or have the final pricing? I saw pre-order in June, but no delivery estimates.


Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landyachtz wrote:
Chris, when are you going to post up some close up pics of that disc?

I'll see if we can get something up on our blog soon. I apologize for the delay. We've been non stop in wind tunnels and airports for the last few days.


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Wheels look really great. And you guys are doing a great job of viral marketing and building anticipation.

Thank you

So what are the chances of having your disk in hand by late July/early August? Looks like on FB you mention preorders in June. Not really worth bothering to buy this year unless I could get it by then.

To be honest your chances for that date aren't looking good. I'm sorry about that.

I'm sure you guys are going to do great in the long run but you may miss a lot of sales in the short run if you miss most of this season... but then again I'm sure I don't need to tell you that!

We do realize this. That said, rushing to market with a product that is not ready ensures we will make no sales next year. Are the delays going to cause us to lose some sales this year? Yes. Would releasing a product that is not ready in order to keep those sales be a smart business decision? No. We want this product on the market as bad as you do. A product on the market means we can start making money. For a business that's a good thing.

I don't mean any of the above in a sarcastic way I'm just being honest. A delay at one factory can have an impact on the other 3. Trust me that we are working hard to get these wheels released as soon as possible.

I hope you understand.


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Tom3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom3 wrote:
Any rough idea on when you will start shipping or have the final pricing? I saw pre-order in June, but no delivery estimates.

We are still finalizing those details. We are planning to go to China for a pre-production run in June. Details should be more clear after that.

As an estimate we are guessing first wheels will ship 60-90 days after pre-order closes. Also, current price estimates are at $349 for front 60 and 90 mm wheels, $399 for the rear wheels and $499 for disc wheels.

I hope that helps. Take care,


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:
asad137 wrote:
We were in the A2 Wind Tunnel last week and believe it or not our custom FLO rim shape test much more aero than a standard OEM rim. We are going to stick with the CX-Ray spokes simply because they are just such a great spoke. And hey... if your trainers can also be aero, then why not ;)

What a tease! When will we see the data?



Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Those are great prices! As far as the delivery, it's already been mentioned above, you will miss most of this season....but if I were you I would really push to have some ready for Vegas and Kona. Good PR before everything winds down for the winter.


Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcdoublee wrote:
Canadian wrote:
asad137 wrote:
We were in the A2 Wind Tunnel last week and believe it or not our custom FLO rim shape test much more aero than a standard OEM rim. We are going to stick with the CX-Ray spokes simply because they are just such a great spoke. And hey... if your trainers can also be aero, then why not ;)

What a tease! When will we see the data?

Haha we are compiling it now. We are trying to put it together in a user friendly fashion. If you check out our blog or facebook page in my signature you can see lots of pictures from the test.

Thanks for the interest,


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes sense, taking the long term approach is overall by far the better solution rather than rushing to make a given season and possibly compromising quality. Lots of time the need to get cash flow started dictates rushing the product out the door.

And, as someone else mentioned, if you hold your pricing or close to it based on what we're seeing you'll likely do very well.
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris,
I have a coaching client doing IM Louisville who would be perfect for these wheels.....any chance these wheel would be here in the US by Mid/late August.....

Thanks!
Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Tom3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom3 wrote:
Thanks! Those are great prices! As far as the delivery, it's already been mentioned above, you will miss most of this season....but if I were you I would really push to have some ready for Vegas and Kona. Good PR before everything winds down for the winter.

I agree. We are from Vegas so we hope to have a booth at the expo and have some product there. Expensing a trip to Hawaii our first year in business may a little challenging but we would love to have wheels ready for that race.

Take care,


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcdoublee wrote:
Canadian wrote:
asad137 wrote:
We were in the A2 Wind Tunnel last week and believe it or not our custom FLO rim shape test much more aero than a standard OEM rim. We are going to stick with the CX-Ray spokes simply because they are just such a great spoke. And hey... if your trainers can also be aero, then why not ;)


What a tease! When will we see the data?


Here's one of my favorite pictures from our trip to the wind tunnel...








Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO 60 and 90 wheel review [Tri-Wog StL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Wog StL wrote:
Chris,
I have a coaching client doing IM Louisville who would be perfect for these wheels.....any chance these wheel would be here in the US by Mid/late August.....

Thanks!
Paul

There is a chance but I can't make any promises. We will do our very best.

Thanks for thinking of us,


Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply

Prev Next