Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beston, on the other hand, is most certainly a seller that I have (and will again) had excellent business dealings with
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [MSantos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell charlie to just give you your gears...this could get ugly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How would you destroy a crank?? hmmm....

The Violin was easy!

http://www.webpronews.com/...00-destroyed-2012-01

It's much more fun to play triathlete than be a triathlete....

Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had good deals thus far...guess I've been lucky. I check the ads more than 3x a day :)

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's exactly what I filed.

Thanks for the extra info. I'm sure our friend is very familiar with this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have sold a ton of high end gear here- I always research the Buyer's posts prior to selling. Helps avoid the weirdo's.

I hope ST bans that guy- excellent my foot. Those are "fair" at best.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
I have sold a ton of high end gear here- I always research the Buyer's posts prior to selling. Helps avoid the weirdo's.

I hope ST bans that guy- excellent my foot. Those are "fair" at best.

Yeah, I've bought a ton of stuff on here over the years, and I've never had a bad experience. I'm not naive to think it can't happen though.

I also think this dude should be gone based on everything I've read in this thread.

I think he meant that they "were used excellently".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose shame on him.

However it seems a good portion of the blame lays with you too. While it may have been a lapse in better judgement, you should have asked for clearer pictures before you send the money to him. It is POSSIBLE that you would have spotted any imperfections prior to it reaching this point.

It now seems that this has resulted in public shame for the seller, and aggravation for you.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [hctiwtwols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'This is probably where I went wrong when I took his words and a couple of blurry photos'

'I learned the hard way that these descriptions are relative.m Cranks in excellent condition. "less than 750k as the crankset and bb were on a backup/Sunday bike"

Should have asked for more (detailed) photos. After a period of good experiences you tend to keep your guard down until it bites you in the ass'

This Forum is governed by TRUST. Clearly it's been violated. Worse, it may have been intentional.

The financial loss is trivial, but I'll exert every effort in putting this guy in place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks pretty clear that paypal will refund you your money.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [madmax3847] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never have issues selling or buying around here...

but if I am going to buy a crank/pedlas/chain/cassette I would like to see very clear pictures of the item.

don't worry paypal will give ur money back!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
someone needs to dredge up the link to that one car modding forum in which the members of the forum went online vigilante (i.e. beyond what's legal) on the dirt bag.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the 4x4 forum where they were calling the guy's mom and high school and stuff?
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [nublar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL....who can forget Charlie Wenzel! A name now forever associated with shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you really going through all this hassle with PayPal over $50?
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Principal has no value. If the sellers gets away with nothing more than just ST bashing..they're gonna do it again. At least if PP steps on their toes it will mean more
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [Azr43l] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SEND HIM THE GEARS!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:

Good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There have been several publications on the topic of 'psychonomics' (the psychology of economics). During economic trust games between two people (I give you something in the hope to get something back), it has been found that a) people will swiftly retaliate to cheaters, b) are willing to incur a financial cost to do so (retaliate), and c) fMRI data show that areas in the brain associated with 'pleasure' are very active during this act of retribution (even if the financial loss was less than $5). In summary, we 'get-off' on getting back at cheaters.

...so, MSantos' response is typical of this scenario. He may be going through a bit of hassle, but that is really a minor cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MSantos wrote:
Here's your response to the Paypal Claim:

"The items sent were in tip top condition, and were D2 racing standard condition. The cranks were sent USPS with tracking number"

Enlighten me. What are D2 racing standards? I just might win that race with these cranks you sent me.

that's hilarious. those cranks are junk, pure and simple

Quote | Reply
MSantos wrote:
Here's your response to the Paypal Claim:

"The items sent were in tip top condition, and were D2 racing standard condition. The cranks were sent USPS with tracking number"

Enlighten me. What are D2 racing standards? I just might win that race with these cranks you sent me.

I think the seller is referring to D20 which is the former name of the local Cycling association in the DC area. It is now referred to as MABRA.
Last edited by: Saddlebags: Feb 8, 12 17:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about ur deal. Have only ever had 1 experience of trouble from buying tons of things on here. The package never came. USPS showed it was rec'd for shipping, but nothing more. The guy I dealt with was very fair as I was out cash an he was out the item. We easily settled on splitting the cost he refunded me half. He could of told me sorry TS. Makes me realize that I should go back an comment in his thread, great seller, class act.

There are some very decent people on here, doing the right thing!

Hope it works out for you.

Darren
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [nublar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, that's the one. I think it was an epic 50-pager that got linked to slowtwitch when another d-bag seller didn't follow through. I think it was linked to back in July?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same problem with classifieds: received powertap LYC with HR which does not work. Seller does not reply to email after transaction was complete.

But anyway this Classifieds forum is much better than ebay. Last year 3 of 4 ordered items were damaged or in very bad condition.
Quote Reply

Prev Next